"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV TIMES MEMBERS MEET ON 4-11-2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: MSV TIMES MEMBERS MEET ON 4-11-2007 Reply with quote

Dear All,

The members attended were

1. Mr. Ravichandran - The great host.
2. Mr. Ramki
3. Mr. Vaidy
4. Mr. SRS
5. Mr. Jeyaram (TCS)
6. Mr. Sabesan
7. Mr.Ragavendar wellknown in the forum as Ragasudha and
8. Myself

Quiet a number of songs of the great masters were played and discussed. To name a few Kanilae yenna undu kangal thanarium, Katurukaena veli, Amman Magan from Vairanenjam (What a song!!!! what a wonderful orchestration), Kananin Sannidhiyil, Therottum for its Tricky Misram, Maligai mullai poopandhal (SRS and Jeyaram please come out with a write up on this song), Azhage vaa (A song recorded by the great T S Rangachari, Sound engineer with only one speaker. Those people are really giants in their choosen field. My shastaanga namaskaram), Songs from Thikku theriyada kaatil and others.

The one incident narrated by Vaidy moved every one of us. One person lost his wife recently. Sollavarumbhothe Kan kalanghuthu... This man tried his level best to make his 5 year old boy sleep. But nothing worked out. Boy can not forget his mother. Oh what a pity. This man resorted to the divine music of our great master. I am unable to write as tears rolling down my cheek and have blurred vision now. The song is "Chellakilikalam Thotinilae " beautifully rendered by the giant TMS from Yenga Mama. It is no surprise the child started sleeping to the lullaby tune and from that day onwards this man is singing this song daily for his motherless child. WHAT A CELESTIAL , SOUL STIRRING MANADHAI VARUDUM MUSIC OUR MASTER HAS PRODUCED FOR HUNDREDS OF GENERATIONS TO COME.

AYYA, UNGALAI VANANGUKIROM. AMMA ILLADHA KUZHANDHIKKU UNGAL DEIVIKA ISAI THANDHA AARUDHAL ENGALAI MOUNAMAAKIVITADHU AYYA. NEENGAL VAZHNDHU KONDIRUKKUM KAALATHIL NAAGALUM VAZHUKIROM ENBATHE NANGAL SEITHA BAKKYAM

Venkat we missed you a lot. When the meeting was over, Ramki asked me and Raghavender sir to listen to a song of our master in the album Krishnaghanam and it was full of bhava and MSV gave swara for birds saptam . Thank you sir.

Last but not the least everyone of us thank MR.Ravichandran for his love and affection which is as great as master's music

Wish to attend as many meetings as possible

With love

Sampat
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: meeting on 04-11-2007 Reply with quote

Dear Sampath,
You have cent per cent reflected every one of us's views. Yes, that enga mama song incident is a point for today's so-called music-engineers (I don't want to call them composers or creators, they just concentrate on technicalities and the music is to be searched like google search on the web). Google at least brings some results. These music-engineers let first listen to the songs of MSV and think of composing music later. The best host award goes to Mr. Ravichandran. Thank you Sir. Since Sampath has expressed what we all think, I think it is time for me to say bye.
Thank you every body,
With regards,
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: meeting on 04-11-2007 Reply with quote

Dear Sampath,
You have cent per cent reflected every one of us's views. Yes, that enga mama song incident is a point for today's so-called music-engineers (I don't want to call them composers or creators, they just concentrate on technicalities and the music is to be searched like google search on the web). Google at least brings some results. These music-engineers let first listen to the songs of MSV and think of composing music later. The best host award goes to Mr. Ravichandran. Thank you Sir. Since Sampath has expressed what we all think, I think it is time for me to say bye.
Thank you every body,
With regards,
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: meeting on 04-11-2007 Reply with quote

Dear Sampath,
Thank you every body,
With regards,
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: meeting on 04-11-2007 Reply with quote

Dear Sampath,
Thank you every body,
With regards,
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

Sorry everyone. The famous sound engineer was T S Rangaswamy. Vaidy please confirm.

Sorry once again for this misquote.

With love
Sampat
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Members meet on 4th Nov 2007 Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I am a non resident of chennai as I live in Mumbai. I was in chennai to celebrate Deepwali with my relatives and was in the city from 31st october to 9th Nov. 2007. I was not aware of the meeting of the members. Had I known I would have atttended the meet.

I lost a chance. A request to the organiser of such event. An open inviitation be sent to all members so that that they can make use of the visit to attend such meet. if they are in Chennai.

I hope the organizer will not hesitate to heed to my request.

R.Vasudevan
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vasudevan

Sorry to know that you could not come for the meeting in spite of being at Chennai at that time since you were not aware of this.

Your suggestion is well taken and will post an open invitation in the site whenever such meetings are scheduled in future.

Now, look at my posting in ANNOUNCEMENT page on msvtimes.com's
Anniversary celebrations. We look forward to your response on this.

With regards
Ramki
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there was an announcement posted prior to this meeting in the "Announcements" Section (on Nov 3):

http://msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1430

msvramki wrote:
எம் எஸ் வி டைம்ஸ் கிளப் இசைக் கூட்டம் :

நாள் : நவம்பர் 4, 2007

நேரம் : மதியம் 2 மணி.

இடம் : Care நண்பர் எம் எஸ் வி ரவிச்சந்திரன்
B-1, GANESH APARTMENTS
34, D' SILVA ROAD,
OPPOSITE TO WARREN ROAD PILLAYAR KOIL
MYLAPORE
CHENNAI 4

தள அமைப்பாளர்கள், எழுத்தாளர்கள், எழுதாத எம் எஸ் வி ரசிகர்கள் தவறாது பங்குபெறுமாறு வேண்டிக்கொள்கிறோம்.

Pl confirm participation to Ramki at 93400 61252
or Sabesan at 98844 00954.

RAMKI.

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ramky,

Is it possible to have a popup message or host important announcements on the top of the Discussion forumn page ?
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji

PoPuP on announcements is definitely possible in the Forum home page,
technically.

Will ask Ram to see the feasibility.

Thanks
Ramki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: