"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NINAITHAALE INIKKUM - ITHU ORU INNISAI MAZHAI
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: NINAITHAALE INIKKUM - ITHU ORU INNISAI MAZHAI Reply with quote

நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும் - "இது ஒரு இன்னிசை மழை"

The title and the tag liner says all. Our heart and soul still lingers with the melody that was composed years back, and the tunes ringing in our ears still remain afresh despite the modern noises. This movie disproved the criticism of those movie buzzers who believed that only post-EMPEROR era (very hypothetical!!!) marked the beginning of Western boom, and EMPEROR's reign is over by then.(These criticists, never look back at the Western wonders erected by our EMPEROR even before the modern technology found its place in Tamil Cinema). The man, still youthful and energetic in his imagination, proved his expertise once again in bringing the richness in his tunes in par with the foreign atmosphere. The first movie, that involved the foreign tour of a musical troop and the interesting love affairs of their members in the foreign land, together with some "agmark" KB twists. Another reason, the movie is still remembered because of its stardom, the then-and-now super stars of Tamil Cinema, gave their wonderful performance, with Kamalhassan in the lead role, and Rajinikanth in the supporting role. Though the movie did not go well commercially, Chandru and Deepak is still rememberd, for the romance and the comedy depicted in their characterization. Chandru, in pursuit of his mysterious Sona, who remains a puzzle throughout the movie, and Deepak desperate to find his "Tape Sundari", and the encounters faced by him make our stomach go loose in laughter. The EMPEROR made the movie, a "live" musical show with his tunes, especially those "short musical" bits, more appropriate to the situation, the orchestration at its peak. (Especially, at "what a waiting", "you are like a fountain", "thatti kekka aal illena","ninaithaale inikkum" etc.). The movie has 14 songs, including all the small songs as well, each one of them unique in their own beauty. I am planning to post all the fourteen songs, in the same sequence, so keep looking.

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Sriram Kannan on Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: ENGEYUM EPPOTHUM SANGEETHAM SANTHOSHAM Reply with quote

எங்கேயும் எப்போதும் சங்கீதம் சந்தோஷம்

The "numero uno" song in this musical concert, an ecstatic opening of the journey of a musical troop, with the instruments succeed in keeping their audience on foot all the time, nodding to their favorite singer and losing themselves in the overwhelming joy generated from the stage. Who else, other than our EMPEROR, can bring this to a perfect reality? The opening itself, announces the joyness to be showered upon, and the entire song consumes us with its energry. The story begins with the passing moments of a widower who comes across the auditorium, where he feasted his audience long ago, also met his "mysterious" maiden. The past opens up as the present, the "honey" boy Chandru introduces himself and the members of his troop "Yours Lovingly", followed by the start of the show.

The prelude!!! How old was this man, when He thought of it??? Every nerve of the body could feel the vibration the guitar generates, making them move to its rhythm, taking us to the dance floor finally when joined with the trumpets. The magical solo guitar opens up the prelude in a pattern, everytime raising in six steps gradually and striding back. This guitar pattern forms a platform for various combinations in the prelude itself, first the guitar alone, then the regular taps of the drum sticks only in the initial raise, later the keyboard plays in the raise and the drums blast when coming down, again the same pattern with the bongos in the raise, followed by drums. Stunning!!!! Trumpets wake us up from the mesmerizing guitar and open the world of happiness, the musical delight manifolded by the raising trumpets that goes to the maximum. Guitar picks from there, and comes down gradually by swings, and ends quickly. Drums support the trumpets and guitar throughout the prelude, with the accelerated bongo beats maintained at constant intervals. SPB begins the pallavi, as the guitar dies out slowly. (SPB is the primary male singer in this movie (other than EMPEROR for "Sambo"), sings for both Kamal and Rajini in the same movie, with proper differentiation and melody).

ராத்திரிகள் வந்துவிட்டால் சாத்திரங்கள் ஓடிவிடும்
with the guitar finishing the line in a beautiful manner, and drums backing up the pallavi. The following lines are hopping ones with the support of drums and guitar raising up slowly,

கட்டழகு பொண்ணிருக்கு வட்டமிடும் பாட்டிருக்கு
தொட்ட இடம் அத்தனையும் இன்பமின்றி துன்பமில்லை

ராராரீஈஈ..... ஓஓ
ended by the bang of drums. The pallavi repeats again, joined by the claps.

The magical guitar comes back in the interlude, the most bewitching part of the song, resembling the effect of a "magudi" making everyone nod to the music exactly (KB would have shown this in the movie too). The guitar raises up slowly, and with the bongos, the guitar opens up its spell, binding everyone, especially the seductive "swing"and the prolongation at the end, bongos increasing the effect, ended by the gentle whirling of the guitar leaving us in the state of exaltation. Keyboard continues the interlude, its sped up music ended by the chorus. Trumpets again ascend us to the maximum with the raised drums, guitar bringing us back quickly. Bongos maintains its beat througout.

SPB starts the charanam,

காலம் சல்லாபக் காலம்
ஓ, உலகம் உல்லாசக் கோலம்
இளமை ரத்தங்கள் ஊறும்
உடலில் ஆனந்தம் ஏறும்
இன்றும் என்றும் இன்பமயம்
, SPB raising up, and the charanam taking a different path here,

தித்திக்க பேசிக் கொண்டு guitar prolonging every line,
திக்குகள் எட்டிலும் ஓடிக்கொண்டு
வரவை மறந்து செலவு செய்து
உயரப் பறந்து கொண்டாடுவோம்
the last line raised up in happiness supported by the bongos, the guitar and drums coming down quicky for the hopping at கட்டழகு பொண்ணிருக்கு....
Trumpets open the second interlude, the instrument used in higher pitch throughout the song portraying the joy, followed by the guitar in a matching rhythm with the trumpets in the background of bongos. The guitar takes us through a fast ride of an expert in a sliding landscape, especially at the finishing part ended by drums. The chorus follows in a pattern of slow raising "ஆஆஆ..", ended by the enthusiastic bongos. SPB begins the second charanam,

காலை ஜப்பானில் காஃபி
மாலை நியுயார்க்கில் காபரே
இரவில் தாய்லாந்தில் ஜாலி
இதிலே நமக்கென்ன வேலி
இங்கும் எங்கும் நம்முலகம்
SPB raising up, and the charanam changing,

உலகம் நமது பாக்கெட்டிலே guitar prolonging every line,
வாழ்க்கை பறக்கட்டும் ராக்கெட்டிலே
இரவுப் பொழுது நமது பக்கம்
விடிய விடிய கொண்டாடுவோம்....

the guitar and drums ending up and joining at கட்டழகு பொண்ணிருக்கு....

The guitar comes back in the third interlude, repeating the "mesmerizing" first interlude again, (EMPEROR's usual pattern for a three charanam song). But, this time, SPB begind the third charanam, immediately after the guitar bit.

ஆடை இல்லாத மேனி
அவன் பேர் அந்நாளில் ஞானி
இன்றோ அது ஒரு ஹாபி
எல்லோரும் இனிமேல் பேபி
வெட்கம் துக்கம் தேவையில்லை
(Awesome Lyrics!!!!)

தட்டட்டும் தட்டட்டும் கைகள் ரெண்டு "C'mon everybody!!!!"
The guitar joined together with the claps,
தாவட்டும் ஆடட்டும் கால்கள் ரெண்டு "Join Me Yaaa!!!"..
கடவுள் படைத்த உலகம் இது
மனித சுகத்தை மறுப்பதில்லை

Back to the lowering of guitar and drums for கட்டழகு பொண்ணிருக்கு....

The climax reaches by the "magudi" of the guitar and the enthusiastic cries of SPB joining, among the claps and drums, the guitar whirling down slowly, ending the show.

The complete experience leaves us dumbfounded, but this is just the beginning of an evergreen journey.

Ram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sriram,

Great to see you after a short break.... The Movie you have taken up is no less than "SIMPLY OUTSTANDING" in ALL the aspects..

KB's all the movies are "OUT-OF-THE-BOX" thinking and this movie on YOUTH is no different. And MSV's Music in this movie will ever be "YOUTHFUL"

Wonderful write-ups and keep going to give a complete Analysis on all the songs and re-recording of the Movie. We are all awaiting that...

Great going Sriram and unable to wait for the rest of your postings !!!

Cheers.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
irenehastings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ENGEYUM EPPOTHUM SANGEETHAM SANTHOSHAM Reply with quote

Sriram Kannan wrote:

This wonderful song has been comfortably spoiled in the name of "REMIX" in the film of skeleton Dhanush's "POLLAATHAVAN".

Who is the ND for that move..? (no spelling mistake, it is ND only, means Noise Director).

Movie title begged from Muktha Srinivasan.
Song begged from Kannadasan.
Tune begged from Mellisai Mannar.

wow... what creators we have at present days...

By the way, the song 'PONMAGAL VANDHAAL' (from Sorkam) spoiled in Viyay's movie (Azhagiya Thamiz Magan...??)

and

'Andru vandhathum idhe nila' spoiled in Sathyaraj's 'KANNAMOOCHI YENADA?' movie.

Shameless dogs.
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram,

"நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும்" படத்தின் உங்கள் "எங்கேயும் எப்போதும் சங்கீதம் சந்தோஷம்" விமர்சனம் எப்போதும் "படித்தாலே இனிக்கும்" !!

A great comeback after short break !

We eagerly await your proposed posting on all numbers of Ninaithaale Inikkum "

Ramki

P. Sankar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram Kannan,

Wonderful writing!! Just by reading your writing- line by line, I could hear the song and appreciate the arrangement of the music in it. Our MSV is way ahead. Look at the long path he has travelled -- "Aadatha manamum undo?"- MANNATHI MANNAN to "Engeyum Eppothum". Such a long journey..That makes him really great. UNBELIEVABLE..AMAZING..

This film takes my memory some 28 years back. The film was released sometime in the mid of 1979. It was my annual holidays after my Fifth Standard during when I saw this film along with my father in Alangar Theatre @ Madras. The theatre was fully packed and it was a real musical rain continuously pouring inside the theatre.

Another short song in that film, "SAYONORA.....".

You have mentioned, "Ithu oru innisai mazhai". The film posters and the associated advertisements for the film carried such caption along with the title, but the punch statement was "Ithu oru thenisai mazhai".

P. Sankar - Tirunelveli.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Movies- A Special section- Ninaithalae Inikkum Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Thank you all for the appreciation of the songs from this movie of 1979 aptly called "THAENISA MAZHAI" by the very title cards. Oe can go on expressing awe-inspiring compositions of MELLISAI MANNAR. It was the time that people were fuzzy about a new MD on TF scenario and the then media were sky rocketing the image of the new man beyond need and dimensions. Why I make a reference to it is, long before the actual movie was screened, all the released songs took the audience by storm building up a tempo to await the arrival of the movie. When the movie was released, the songs, the BGM and all the embellishments that an MD does to a movie stood out with a lasting message . MSV can not be sidelined by performance. Infact, in this one movie MSV literally tossed off criticisms by the little finger of his left hand. [He had 9 more fingers to tackle situations mind you.] Had it been any other MD under a comparable situation, certainly he would have resorted to publicity of sorts to proclaim supremacy through "managed writings" too. He has been far above and ahead of mortals in every domain and stays so among the audience who can understand.
In fact 2 items from this movie can be cited as LITTLE FINGER magics of MSV.
Ninaithalae inikkum --- this 1 line has been sung in a variety of ways with sheer swara variations and the least musical back up to elevate it to the stature of a song [ SPB , SJ]
Aanandha thaandavamO is another number delivered in such a style as to reflect a mood of trance [LRE] with a very little orchestration to support. MSV richly reveals his calibre in both the items. My mission here is to draw attention to these numbers just as a reference to my appreciation of MSV for his LTTLE FINGER magic . There have been so many such in his career. As some one had lamented, MSV's zodiac seems to have some pereverted alignments but for which the general public should have held him in much higher esteem. [ There is so much of awe and respect for his KALAI KOVIL songs now after over 43 years after their creation]. With my limitations for song analyses, I am just able to suggest instances that help us recognize the immense value of MSV to TFM. Others may please continue the analyses of songs from Ninaithalae inikkum. Thank you,
Warm Regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
baroque

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL composition indeed!

It's been 2 decades + this song is fresh . forever stylish.

My favorite album.
Thanks Sriram, wonderful posting. enjoyed the songs while reading it.

Thanksgiving Wishes from our home to yours - MSVTimes families!
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheer U dear Sriram Kannan for obliging my request ! Very Happy Extremely happy to see your great start here on a movie which actually was released when the Master was going through a very important phase in his life . Yes, he was challenged on western music & look how he delivered splendidly ! I was 9th std during 1979 when this movie was launched & as you said, all posters carried IDHU ORU INNISAI MAZAI . This movie's songs , like USV are eternal classics and gem in Mellisai Mannar's crown.
The funniest part however is if you ask a majority of guys today, they will say that this movie was composed by Isainyani IR ! Shocked
Such is the level of ignorance ( or probably spontaneous conclusion that such type of songs can be composed only by IR ! and hence the judgement ). A similar comment also comes whenever someone talks about Kana kaanum kangal mella ( Agni Satchi ). Leave it.

Lets swim happily with happy memories of the movie and the songs.
Engeyum eppodhum was probably the one song which my brother used to play in his music programmes as this was considered a high competitive song for the youth and also an ideal one for Music competitions , be it Inter college or any other arena.
The preludes are real delight and the interludes / postludes are mesmerizing stuff . KB himself shows the audience spellbound by the music and SPB's youthful singing that they will be charmed like snakes to an extravagant musical bonanza.

I was a hardcore MSV supporter ( poor guy me as I was the odd one out amongst my friends group ) and this movie came as a big boost to me to shout and scream on top that my Musical Man is still there to challenge the next generation.
Now, looking back, it all look memorable moments those days and as and when our friends meet, we exchange pleasantries and we discuss at length about this movie and songs without fail.

Each song is a classic and unique and excellently orchestrated.

Dear Sriram K, sound start mann. Continue your great work. ALSO PLS POST THE SONGS IN SONG ANALYSIS THREAD. I dont know how many view this Movies section . I just browsed now only and giving my thoughts.

Cheers Very Happy
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: RE MIX Reply with quote

ON BEHALF OF THIS FORUM I EARNESTLY REQUEST ALL

THE PRESENT MUSIC DIRECTERS NOT TO TAKE ANY M.S.V.SONG

FOR RE-MIX.IF THEY USE THIS GREATMAN'S SONG THEY NOT ONLY

INSULT MUSIC BUT ALSO SHOW IGNORANCE.LET GOD BE KIND ENOUGH

WITH PRESENT MDS.

SANKARANARAYANAN.
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.Balaji wrote:
ALSO PLS POST THE SONGS IN SONG ANALYSIS THREAD. I dont know how many view this Movies section . I just browsed now only and giving my thoughts

Dear Balaji,

Valid point. I've created links from "Pick a Song and Analyze" to the threads like "Ulagam Sutrum Valiban" and this "Ninaithale Inikkum" in "Movies" section. I think this addresses your request.

And we should have lot of movie analysis as well... Because that will have the analysis - apart from songs, which is really vital, there would also be analysis from the Direction, Story perspective etc and movie felt "as a whole". And this will serve as a treasure (or) information store for future.
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: VAANILE MEDAI AMAIMTHATHU Reply with quote

வானிலே மேடை அமைந்தது

Not all the times, EMPEROR had to compose those "6-minute Giant"s to prove his mastery, but there are handful of "Tom Thumb"s and "Thumbelina"s, enough to expalin about their Master. And "Ninaithaale Inikkum" has such beautiful dwarfs, that would captivate everyone's heart with its 2-liner lyrics, and astonishing orchestration. This is the first in the list, the "happy" version of "Sayonara".

Chandru, still in memories of his mysterious fan "Sona" who visited him the last day, is taken by surprise, when meets her at the airport, destined for the same place, he and his troop travelling. The "ever" naughty-boy Deepak, helps his friend by securing the adjacent seat of Sona. Sona is dressed different for the day, and does not raises a brow for his co-passenger. தன் முயற்சியில் சற்றும் தளராத விக்ரமன், sorry, Chandru gradually persuades her to speak, laugh, and love - much to the jealousy of his friends (Everyone peeping up from the backseat to watch the fun!!!)

The happy jump of the keyboard opens the song, followed by guitar playing the lyrics of the song. The ensemble of violis and the drums support the guitar throughout, with the beats of drums and guitar raised at the end (Thats superb!!!! the striding drum beats at the end). SPB and chorus begins the humming "La La La La La Laaaa", going high at end and finished by drums and cymbals. SPB continues the lyrics,

வானிலே மேடை அமைந்தது
ஆனந்த வாலிப திருவிழா
guitar nodding in approval,
மேனியில் நாணம் அகன்றது
மேகத்தின் தேரினில் ஊர்வலம்
guitar raising along,

The drums at the background, and guitar supports SPB along the lyrics. The chorus repeats the lyrics in the similar pattern. SPB follows,

ஆகாயத்தில் பூகம்பம்
அற்புதங்கள் ஆரம்பம்

The chorus repeats the lyrics dominated by drums, with the words uttered very stylish, especially the last words matching the drum beats in the way "பூ கம் பம்" and "ஆ ரம் பம்".

The guitar continues repeating the lyrics, this time combined with the "ha" sounds of the chorus, and followed by the "La La La La La Laaaa". The guitar bit repeats again, and slowly dies down with time, but not from our hearts.

Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: SAMBO SIVASAMBO Reply with quote

சம்போ சிவசம்போ

The very first song anyone would point out, when asked about the songs sung by EMPEROR. In fact, I happen to attend a quiz in my college days, where the question was "First song sung by MSV". The "brilliant" quiz master gave the answer as this song. A very surprising rumour, that prevails with most of the people in this generation, that EMPEROR only sang "Shambo Shiva Shambo" in his career and his next song was "Mettuthedi" from Kaadal Mannan. How ignorant!!! (Well, not to mention such ignorance, I have seen so many things in college. Recently heard blabbering was "MaroCharitra" was composed by IR). We cannot deny as well, none other song has gained popularity like this of EMPEROR during that period, that made these rumours. MGR's usual feedback hearing to the songs after orchestration was that EMPEROR sang better to him during composition, and he could not make other singers do well like him. A very rare voice, that can reach any height, EMPEROR has given himself selected songs, only after making sure that would suit the situation. Even most of the times, it would be other people who would force EMPEROR to sing a particular song (Like "Nee Illaadha Idame Illai" from Mohammed Bin Tughlaq, "Thaagathukku Thanni Kudichen" from Neelakadal Orathil etc.), EMPEROR would refuse at the beginning and the song goes a smash hit. It is not a surprising thing for a person who is an expert in choosing singers for a particular song, would give himself very selected ones. EMPEROR started singing a little more frequent than before, only after the demise of Seerkaazhi Govindarajan, else all those high pitched gems would have gone to the "simma kural" singer.

A well suited song for a dont-care-be-happy person, the one with hedonistic mindset, that explains the character of Deepak in the movie. In fact, the lyrics would make us think, the poet wrote them for himself in first person, than for the movie. And, who else can be such bold in expressing his thoughts, than the greatest Kavignar? "Live every moment of your life, the world had been the same from the beginning, so why care to listen to it?"

The frustrated Chandru, after his futile attempts to locate "Sona", meets her at the auditorium and pounces on her. The audience grow restless with the absence of Chandru, so Deepak, finding no other way, sings to handle the situation. (Think this song would have got inserted for Rajini, not to spoil the mood of his fans. A free-hit sixer!!!). Deepak, being the main guitarist of the troop, the song stands unique as a guitar number. Guitar rules the song, and the hearts of those who hear it. Also, EMPEROR started using keyboard this time, and very brilliantly - A point to those who believe he was an "old man" then, using the same ol' instruments. Not to forget the background of bongos and drums, the beats maintained at pallavi and charanam, supporting EMPEROR. But, the most important fact that keeps the song alive is His "mystic" voice.

In the movie, the song begins directly with Rajini started singing, but in the audio, it has an interesting prelude. Guitar and keyboard opens the prelude in an entwining mix, with guitar slowly moving through its crests and troughs in the thin background of guitar. Keyboard takes over here, with its hedonic hopping supported by bongos, the fast hopping followed by the alternate ups and downs. (Like, hopping followed by a quick "up", and next the hopping and "down" and so on..), ended by a repetitive pattern and EMPEROR beginning in the background of bongos,

சம்போ சிவசம்போ சிவசம்போ சிவசம்போஓஓ....

ஜகமே தந்திரம் சுகமே மந்திரம் மனிதன் யந்திரம் சிவசம்போஓஓ...

நெஞ்சம் ஆலயம் நினைவே தேவதை தினமும் நாடகம் சிவசம்போஓஓ...

EMPEROR starts the song in the high pitch, and still goes high when ending at "சிவசம்போ" in every line of the pallavi. Splendid!!! EMPEROR repeats the pallavi in the same tone, and lets the bongos and drums to end the pallavi, with the regular taps of drums overlapped by the dazing bongos.

None can deny the fact that the solo guitar bits used in this movie are nothing but masterpieces of the composer and great effort of the player who made them possible. Anyone, please give an insight on the guitarist played in all the stage songs of this movie. The opening of the interlude by the guitar with the constant drums at the background, takes us to the unexplainable heights of euphoria, especially when the ending is repeated again with the same precision. The entire sequence played again, but in a higher note, simply make us go mad. Keyboard joins now, repeating its amaing hopping pattern together with the bongos, joining EMPEROR at the charanam.

மனிதா உன் ஜென்மத்தில் எந்நாளும் நன்னாளாம்
மறுநாளை எண்ணாதே இந்நாளே பொன்னாளாம்
பல்லாக்கைத் தூக்காதே பல்லாக்கில் நீ ஏறு
உன்னாயுள் தொண்ணூறு எந்நாளும் பதினாறு

Every line is ended by guitar, EMPEROR raising slowly from the start till end. Guitar also ends the line appropriately following him. The happy noises "Rum Dum...." ends the charanam, guitar following EMPEROR closely throughout.

The second interlude is the same pattern of the first, the solo guitar with its tantalizing tune, followed by the keyboard and bongos. The lyrics in the second charanam are in a more philospohical way of telling the ways to live happily. EMPEROR starts,

அப்பாவும் தாத்தாவும் வந்தார்கள் போனார்கள்
தப்பென்ன சரியென்ன எப்போதும் விளையாடு
அப்பாவி என்பார்கள் தப்பாக நினைக்காதே
எப்பாதை போனாலும் இன்பத்தைத் தள்ளாதே

The pattern is same as the first charanam, with guitar supporting every end of the line. Then follows the punchline of the poem, with EMPEROR maintaining his tone,

கல்லை நீ தின்றாலும் செரிக்கின்ற நாளின்று
காலங்கள் போனாலோ தின்னானே என்பார்கள்

And Deepak gives his final message,
மதுவுண்டு பெண்ணுண்டு சோறுண்டு சுகமுண்டு
மனமுண்டு என்றாலே சொர்க்கத்தில் இடமுண்டு

The charanam is ended by the noises "Run Run", with the guitar.

EMPEROR ends with his raising "La La La Dina La La La Dina La La La Dina சிவசம்போஓஓ", and trumpet repeating the music. Bongos and drums keep us fixed to its beats and end down gradually, giving time to rest ourself after the thunderous experience.

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vow !. Vivid coverage of the 2 songs & events that precede them ! True. That Sona character remained mystery throughout the movie & poor Kamal will be put to immense torture by Jayapradha who derives pleasure by being elusive . The excuse offered by Rajini to the Organizers will make your ribs pain in laughter . Rajini will repeatedly say…Sir Chandru Bathroom poirukaan sir. Konjam wait pannunga pls… & finally that organizer screams. Enna sir oru mani neramaa bathroomne solreengale !! & ultimately Rajini had to storm in the dias and sing Sambo sivasambo .
Kamal was just around 25 years & Rajini 30 then . The 2 were already mega stars by 1979 having given some super hit movies already . Also, Rajini’s Priya was released & both movies were shot in Far East Asian locations. The way Rajini effortlessly plays the electric guitar was treat to watch those days !
MSV had a 100 % strike rate on his singing & this song has to be set to superlatives . Awesome high pitch singing & the thundering guitar, synth.

So whats next ? Is it Namma ooru Singari ?!
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two more small wonders before "Namma Ooru Singari", Balaji Sir!!! It's Kamal's "What a waiting" and Rajini's "Nizhal Kandavan Naalum Inge Nizhalai Thedi Odukinran", the background song when Rajini roams around the city with the "Anbare" cassette, to find the 'Tape Sundari'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: