"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Sri MSV on ReMix by Prof Raman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Letter to Sri MSV on ReMix by Prof Raman Reply with quote

புரொபசர் ராமன் அவர்கள் திரு எம் எஸ் வி அவர்களுக்கு எழுதிய மடலின் படிவம் இது. புரொபசரின் சார்பாக ராம்கியால் தளத்தில் பதிக்கப்படுகிறது :

அன்புள்ள மெல்லிசை மன்ன்ருக்கு,

பேரா. ராமன் எழுதும் கடிதம். வணக்கம்.

சுமார் அரை நூற்றாண்டுக்கும் மேலாக் தங்களின் இசையை ரசித்து வரும் கோடானுகோடி மக்களின் சார்பாக் இதை எழுதுகிறேன்.

சமீப காலமாக தங்களின் பொன்னான பாடல்களை ரீ-மிக்ஸ் என்ற பெயரில் கெடுத்து வருகின்றனர்.

இசை பொதுவானதாக் இருந்தாலும், பாடல்களுக்கு தனித்துவம் உண்டு. அதை சிதைக்க, எவனுக்கும்/ எவளுக்கும் உரிமை இல்லை.

இதை தாங்கள் வன்மையாகக் கண்டிக்க வேண்டும். வன்மை, நீங்கள் அறியாத ஒன்று. எனினும், நீங்கள் அனைவருக்கும் உங்கள் பாணியிலாவது சொல்லுங்கள்.

("தம்பி, உங்கள் சொந்தப்பாடல்களை எடுத்து ரீ-மிக்ஸ் செய்யுங்கள். உங்கள் புதுமைகளை மேலும் புதுமைப்படுத்துங்கள். பழைய பாடல்களை புதுமைப்படுத்த வேண்டாம்")

பாடல்கள், ஈயம் பித்தளையல்ல புதுப்பிப்பதற்கு !
இதைத் தெளிவாக்க உங்களுக்கு பூரண உரிமையும், வலிமையும் உண்டு.

பெரும் சாதனையாளர்கள் எனப்படும் இவர்கள் ஏன் பிறர் பாடல்களை தொடுகிறார்கள் ? ஆக்கத்தெரியாதவர்களுக்கு அழிக்கும் உரிமை அறவே இல்லை.

தங்கள் போன்றவர்கள் அமைதிகாப்பதைத் தவறாகப் பயன்படுத்துகிறார்கள்.

எங்கள் அனைவரின் உள்ளக்குமுறல் இது. குறைந்தபட்சம் பத்திரிகைகள் வாயிலாகவேனும் இவ்வகை இழிசெயல்களை தடுத்து நிறுத்துங்கள்.

நன்றி.

அன்புடன்
புரொ. ராமன்
மும்பை.

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: SHAME INDEED Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman,

You have started a great cause for which I am sure many will sail along with you. One of the lousiest viruses to contaminate (is there anything left over to be????) the Tamil Film Music is the re-mix trend. Our Legend infact terms it "raping" of a song. I wish to challenge these so called MD's of present days to pick on any song of Ilayaraja or ARR or any one else and try and do the same gimmick. It is quite a despicable act to literally steal someone's creation and destroy it in all kinds of forms and yet feel proud about the same and say that they have done something innovative!!! Atrocious and deserves to be condemned in the strongest possible ways. This is no form of tribute given to the original creator but nothing short of an absolute insult. I would also dare to call upon those who has the guts to do a similar act and try without paying any royalty. It is really sad that just because people like MSV and yester year MD's keep quite, these people shouldn't stoop to this level of scoring "meesic". Alas. what a tragedy to strike this industry???. Goes only to prove that no one, I repeat no one has any stock of good sense leave alone music sense. Shame indeed.

I CONDEMN THIS ATTITUDE OF THOSE WHO SPOIL THE PURITY OF GOOD MUSIC (READ MSV'S MUSIC)

VAIDY

irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

The following lines in Tamil version are taken from 'The hub.com' in which one Mr. Jilaba answered for a hubber, who was supporting to the 'remixes' of Yuvan Shankar Raja. Please read.........

From Mr. Jilaba..........

எத்தனையோ இந்திப்பாடல்கள் தமிழில் ரீமேக் செய்யும்போது, அந்தப்படங்களுக்கு M.S.V. இசையமைத்தபோது, ஒரு படத்தில் கூட இந்திப்பட ட்யூனைக்காப்பியடித்து மெட்டுப் போட்டதே கிடையாது. எத்தனையோ உதாரணங்களைச் சொல்லலாம்

ஆராதனா (சிவகாமியின் செல்வன்)
கிலோனா (எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாள்)
சச்சா ஜூட்டா (நினைத்ததை முடிப்பவன்)
பிரம்மசாரி (எங்க மாமா)
ஜானி மேரா நாம் (ராஜா)
யாதோன் கி பாராத் (நாளை நமதே)

இப்படி எத்தனையோ படங்கள். எந்த ஒன்றுக்காவது அவர் இந்தியில் வந்த ட்யூனைக் காப்பியடித்தார் என்று காண்பிக்க முடியுமா?. அவருக்கு தெரியும். காப்பியடிப்பது கையாலாகாதவர்களின் வேலையென்று.

நீங்கள் சொலவது போல 'பல்வேறு' திறமைகளைக்கொண்ட யுவன், இன்னொருத்தர் மணடையைப் போட்டு உடைத்துக்கொண்டு உருவாக்கிய ஒரு ட்யூனை அப்படியே அலுங்காமல் நலுங்காமல் (வெறுமனே சில வாத்தியங்களை மட்டும் மாற்றி, WITH SOME SHOUTINGS IN ENGLISH) பயன்படுத்திக்கொளவது தவறென்று மட்டும் ஏன் உணரவில்லை. ஏதோ ஒன்றிரண்டு என்றால் பரவாயில்லை. ஆனால் இது இப்போது தொடர் கதையாகி விட்டது.

அவர் அப்பாவுடைய மெட்டைக் காப்பியடித்தாலும் காப்பி காப்பிதான்.

இன்ஸ்பிரேஷன் என்பது வேறு. மெட்டை அப்படியே கபளீகரம் செய்வது என்பது வேறு. அடுத்தவர் மெட்டை அப்படியே எடுத்துப்போட்டுக்கொள்வதற்குப்பெயர் இன்ஸ்பிரேஷன் கிடையாது.

தேவா எதை செய்வதாக இவ்வளவு நாள் நீங்கள் வாய் வலிக்க சொல்லி வந்தீர்களோ, அதைத்தான் இப்போது யுவன் செய்கிறார். யுவன் செய்வதைச் சொல்லிக்காட்டும்போது மட்டும் கொதிப்பு ஏன்?.

இத்தனை வருடங்களாக இசையமைத்து வரும் இளையராஜா, எப்போதாவது எங்கிருந்தாவது காப்பியடித்தார் என்று சொல்ல முடியுமா?.

எல்லாவற்றையும் அப்பாவிடம் கற்ற யுவன், காப்பியடிக்காமல் மெட்டமைப்பது எப்படி என்பதை மட்டும் கற்றுக்கொள்ளாமல் விட்டு விட்டார்.

Thanks Mr. Jilaba.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

Please see the discussion below, from the same website, about the 'remixed' (stolen) songs of Billa-2007 (stg. Ajith).

Mr. Karthik is giving fitting reply for a guy, who told, after hearing ARR's 'tottaal poo malarum', I forgot MGR's 'thottaal poo malarum'

See here.....

mr_karthik wrote:
Freedom wrote:
MADDY wrote:
selvakumar wrote:
[u]The fans are loving the remix song of My Name is Billa. This song has taken away the charm of Ponmagal..Vandhal from ATM

vitta, thottal poo malarum retune-oda betternnu solluveenga pola Laughing .......ARR's retune has inspired a great men - i rest my case there...... Wink

Kandippa illa. Thotaal poo malarum was on a different plane. I donot even recognize the old MGR song any more!!

But vethalaya potendi is definitely catchy I would say! I'm having problems recollecting that song after listening to he new version

Ungalukke idhu konjam overaa theriyalai...????.

First one thing... 'thottaal poo malarum' is not 'remix'.. it is 'retuned' by ARR, by just taking the lyric and put a new tune. But 'remixes' are swallowing both lyric and tune from the old song, just inserting some 'English Shoutings' in the interludes...

MGR's 'tottaal poo malarum' (MSV-TKR,1964) is still telecsted in anyone of the TV channels atleast once in a week, even after 43 years....

Will SJSurya's 'thottaal poo malarum' be heared after 5 years..??

Shivaji's 'pon magaL vandhaaL' (1970 by MSV) is still coming in TV channels, even after 37 years.

Will Vijay's 'ponmagaL vandhaaL' alive next year..??

Kamal's 'engEyum eppOthum' (1978 by MSV) still watched freshly by many.

Will, Dhanush's 'engEyum eppOthum' will alive next year..??.

Rajini's 'my name is Billa' (1979 by MSV) still remembered by fans.

But, Ajith's 'my name is Billa..?'. Kaalam badhil sollum.

Original, originalthaan.... remix, remixthaan.

adikka vareengalaa...?. vaangikkoLLa thayaar.

aanaal andha adiyil 'unmai' saagaathu.

Thank you Mr. Karthik.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ramki,
My sincere thanks to you for posting my letter to
MSV, ESPOUSING A GENUINE CAUSE.

Mixing is a despicable act. Who mixes the food? Only a beggar would do

it, for [s]he has no resources to make anything fresh. If someone enjoys

this mix, obviously the person has not tasted fresh food. Stated in simple

terms, taste is an index of a person's calibre. Stale and stinking items

attract whom? We know the answer and anyone conscious of quality

would not for a moment lend the senses to any gimmick however big

any one tries. Stale items deserve only being discarded, no matter how

freshly stale it is. So dear friends, I am reminded of a saying- "The best

form of insult is to ignore" not as any effort but as a way of upkeep of

healthy mind and tasteful hobbies. I take this opportunity to thank Mr.

Vaidy, Mr. Irene and everyone else who have given vent to honest

feelings born out of respect for originality.

Warm Regards Prof.K.Raman , Navi Mumbai
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The words of a current generation MD of TFM, short time ago:

"It was only after the arrival of my father, TFM was released from the clutches of Bollywood."

Though this topic has been discussed and criticised umpteen times in our Forum, I would like to point it again for this particular issue.

There was and there is still the remake trend exists in Tamil Cinema, not to blame the directors, but still their creativity shining in presenting it to the South Indian fans. But, there has never been a situation during the period of our EMPEROR that a particular remake movie has its songs remade, the wonderful examples pointed out by Irene. Though few aspects of Hindustani music were inspired from the Bollywood, they were still handled by our EMPEROR uniquely, not to forget the mastery that proved him He is no less than any of his contemporaries in the country (Eventhough our EMPEROR considers Naushad his GodFather, he has surpassed him at several occasions. Very obvious example can be the "Paalum Pazhamum", for which Naushad scored music on the track of EMPEROR and has mentioned himself).

To talk about the Remixes, this is again taken from the Bollywood Pop world, who started with PARTY REMIXes of "Roop Tera Mastana", "Chura Liya" etc, and later including them in their movies. You can defintitely classify a PARTY REMIX, where western percussions and Pop Lyrics dominate the original song. Very clearly seen, the songs "Engeyum Eppothum", "Ponmagal Vanthaal", "Vethalaya Pottendi" are nothing but PARTY REMIXes.

Question to the MD who uttered those words, "Has Tamil Cinema freed yet from the clutches of Bollywood?". Please look at your back!!!!

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
irenehastings

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more 'Golden Songs' are going to be spoiled in the name of 'Remix'.

See the link.........

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/07122007-3.shtml
irenehastings

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

Here I have quoted the post, one Mrs. Shakthiprabha posted in the hub.com, about the remix. She has mentioned how we have to rescue the young generation from the decease of 'remix'.

See here....

Shakthiprabha wrote:
On a different perspective, Ive noticed few kids ( i.e. teenagers 15 to 20) taking interest in such remix songs... Later when we try to tell them about the original mix, THEY ACTUALLY get interested to watch and hear the old song.

I had made my neighbour's son sit and watch 'sorgam' (pon magaL vanthaaL) sivaji song and 'hey aatha' ( payangaL mudivathillai ) song...

He confessed, its so interesting to relate to the olden (golden ) period and would take special interest hence forth to listen to old songs..

so... may be.. MAY BE... it would increase the life span of old movies/stars/music?

thanks Shakthi madam...
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR IRENE,

IN FACT , SHAKTIPRABHA'S PERSPECTIVE LOOKS MORE PRACTICAL.THERE ARE ONLY LOGICAL OUTCOMES OF THIS TREND POSSIBLE I SUPPOSE ,NOT THE LEGAL ONES.THE SCENARIOS COULD BE THUS.

THE TREND FACES ITS NATURAL END,AS IT HAPPENED IN HINDI FILM MUSIC.

THE TREND CEASES TO BE TREND BUT REMIXES KEEP EXISTING IN POCKETS APPEARING IN LESS FREQUENT INTERVALS.

BUT THE SAME OLD SINGERS SINGING THE REMIX NUMBERS WILL ALSO KEEP AUGMENTING THIS TREND( IN HFM, ASHA BHONSLE WAS DOING LOT OF REMIX NUMBERS).THIS GIVES A STAMP OF PERCIEVED LEGALITY AND ACCEPTANCE ALSO.

ON THE LEGAL SIDE, WE HEAR THAT THESE COMPOSITIONS WERE NOT PROPERLY COPY RIGHETED THOSE DAYS( WE UNDERSTAND THESE TECHNICALITIES THRO THE INFORMAL TALK WE HAD THE OTHER DAY WITH MR.ROSARIO ON MM'S RESIDENCE WHEN WE WENT TO MEET HIM).
THUS BEING THE SCENARIO ,I FEEL WE NEED NOT LAMENT MUCH ON THIS, AND FEEL HAPPY WHEN WE LOOK FROM THE OTHER PERSPECTIVE,WHICH OF COURSE IS DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSITE TO THE MORAL PERSPECTIVE.

PONMAGAL VANDHAL REMIX, AND ENGEYUM EPPODUM REMIX ARE GRAND HITS( COMPARED TO IR"S REMIXES). DOESN"T IT TELL THE ULTIMATE THING ABOUT THE "ULTIMATE GENIUS"?

BYE,

S.R.SANKARANAYANAN
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans - Remix Reply with quote

Dear Mr Irene and Mr.SRS,
Both of you are right in your perceptions of the present malady in TFM and the natural culmination it is bound to have. But feelings are feelings as we too often come across situations of MM's name being kept in dark and not even acknowledged [leave alone being rewarded]. As Mr.Rosario has pointed out, the old MDs have not resorted to 'COPY RIGHT' protection on the mere belief that such blatant plagiarism would not come about. It would be better to conceive and concede that all those MDs never visualized that the later composers would be so hollow as to run after established hits and effortlessly make a monetary fortune out of of the toils and sufferings of elder composers who were original and innovative. In fact the elders had such a healthy competition and mutual respect that none of them ever degraded as to cross borders in the sense, each MD was very particular of his own stamp of class enabling the listener identify G.R ,MSV-TKR, MSV, KVM, Shankar Ganesh and Ilayaraja. NOTWITHSTANDING OUR PREFERENCES AMONG THESE , INDISPUTABLY THEY HAVE BEEN FRESH AND ORIGINAL.
[size=18]It is for the movie makers to consider if it is worth spending huge sums of money on MDs who afterall "borrow" or steal from the old composers. It is this segment [producers] that should demand moey's worth or just pay [/size]what the work deserves. The general public at large cannot do much about it as there are legal loopholes that serve the wrong-doers than protect the rights of ownership even when stark reality is too well known. May be divinity would work its way through these events to "bring to light" the true merits of true composers. It is better to stay composed with the earnest belief that these grand old numbers have stood the test of time and what lesser mortals can do to them except to poorly market them for survival of selves. GOD IS GREAT -let us wait.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Remix songs Reply with quote

Hallo Music Lovers,

Remixing of old songs started in Bollywood and is now done in Tamil, Telugu etc.

I remember Music Directors Naushad and OP Nayyar were very much against their songs being remixed and the late Naushad made a request to bring out a law that old songs are not to be used in remixing. OP Nayar suggested royalty should be given to original composes by company/group who are remxing the old numbers,

Both the suggestions/idea fell on the deaf ears and nobody cared. Remixing is going on merrily elsewhere.

Listening to original music is like enjoying a cool breeze in the open area
and listening to a remix is sitting in the AC room and enjoying the coolness. Later is harmful to health though there is momentary relief and pleasure while the former soothes one as there is originality, purity and no adulteration.

Original songs had melody blended with naturalness while remix is
sugar coated pill with artificiality.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV doesn't like remixes, didn't want to listen even when they wanted to play the Billa song to him...

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-12-19/pg7.php

Contents are here:

புதுசா வந்திருக்கிற மியூசிக் டைரக்டர்ங்ககிட்டருந்து நான் நிறைய கத்துக்க வேண்டியிருக்கு’’ என்று எப்படித்தான் சொல்ல முடிகிறதோ ‘மெல்லிசை மன்னர்’ எம்.எஸ். விஸ்வநாதனுக்கு பெருந்தன்மை.

‘அழகிய தமிழ் மகன்’ படத்தில் ‘பொன்மகள் வந்தாள்...’ பாட்டும், ‘பொல்லாதவன்’ படத்தில் ‘எங்கேயும்.. எப்போதும்..’ பாட்டும் பட்டையைக் கிளப்பிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது அடுத்து ‘பில்லா’விலும் ‘மை... நேம் இஸ் பில்லா’... பாடலும் சுடச்சுட ரீ மிக்ஸில் கலக்க ஆரம்பித்திருக்கிறது. இந்த மூன்று பாடல்களும் அந்தக் காலத்தில் எம்.எஸ்.வி. இசையமைத்தவை என்பதுதான் ஹை லைட்.

ஒரு மாலை நேரத்தில் மெல்லிசை மன்னரைச் சந்தித்தோம்.

‘‘எப்படி இருக்கீங்க?’’ என்றதும்,

‘‘ஹார்ட் ஆபரேசனுக்குப் பிறகு நல்லா ரெஸ்ட் எடுத்தேன். தினமும் ‘பிஸியோதெரபி’ எடுத்துக்குறேன். இப்போ ஆல்ரைட். பழைய வேகம் வந்துடுச்சு. சமீபத்துல கூட ‘குங்குமக்காரி’ என்ற பக்தி ஆல்பத்துக்கும், ‘மணல்மேரி மாதா’ என்ற ஆல்பத்துக்கும் ஒரே வாரத்துல ரெக்கார்டிங் செய்து முடிச்சேன்.’’

‘‘சினிமா இசை இப்போ எப்படி இருக்கு?’’

‘‘எல்லாரும்... நல்லா பண்றாங்க. பிரமாதமான பாட்டெல்லாம் வருது. ஒரே ஒரு குறை, வார்த்தைகளைக் கடித்துத் துப்புறாங்க. கேட்கவே வருத்தமாயிருக்கு. நான் புதுசா மியூசிக் பண்ண வந்த சமயம் ‘தேவதாஸ்’ படத்துக்கு பாட்டு கம்போஸ் நடந்துக்கிட்டிருந்துச்சு. உடுமலை நாராயணகவி பாட்டை எழுதினார். சினிமாவுக்கு வர்றதுக்கு முன்ன நான் நாராயணகவி கிட்ட வேட்டி, சட்டை துவைச்சு போட்டுக்கிட்டு இருந்தேன். பிறகு தான் மியூசிக் பண்ற வாய்ப்புக் கிடைச்சது. ‘தேவதாஸ்’ படத்துல கவிராயர் எழுதின, ‘உலகே மாயம் வாழ்வே மாயம்’ என்ற பாட்டை கண்டசாலா பாடினார். தமிழ் சரியா உச்சரிக்க வராம ‘உல்கே மாயம்’னு பாடிட்டார். எவ்வளவோ சொல்லிக் குடுத்தும் வரல. சரின்னு அப்படியே பதிவு பண்ணிட்டோம். இதைக் கேட்டுட்டு உடுமலை நாராயணகவிராயர் என் கன்னத்துல ஓங்கி ஒரு அறை விட்டுட்டு, ‘ஏண்டா தமிழை இப்படிக் கொலை பண்றீங்க’ன்னு கோபப்பட்டார். அதுக்கப்புறம் ரொம்ப கவனமா பாடல் வரிகள் நல்லா கேட்கிற மாதிரி மியூசிக் பண்ணினேன். ஆனா கவிராயர் அன்னிக்கு பயந்தது மாதிரி இப்ப நடந்துட்டுருக்கு. கேரளாவிலோ, கர்நாடகாவிலோ இப்படிப் பாடமுடியாது. ஆனா தமிழர்கள் தான் மன்னிச்சு ஏத்துக்கிறாங்க.

இது ஒரு பெரும் குறையா இருந்தாலும், புதிய புதிய பாடல்கள் வித்தியாசமான குரல்கள்னு ஒரு வெரைட்டியா கேட்க முடியுது.’’

‘‘எல்லாரும் நல்லா பண்றதா சொன்னீங்க. இப்ப, பழைய பாடல்களை ரீ_மிக்ஸ் செய்யுறாங்க. அதில் அதிகமா உங்கள் பாடல்களாகவே இருக்கு. இது போன்ற முயற்சிகள் பற்றி என்ன நினைக்கிறீர்கள்?’’ இந்தக் கேள்வியைக் கேட்டதும் எம்.எஸ்.வி. முகம் மாறுகிறது. அதைத் தன் பளீர் புன்னகையால் மறைத்து விட்டுப் பேசுகிறார்.

‘‘நானும் கேட்டேன். நான் யாரையும் குற்றம் சொல்ல மாட்டேன். ஆனா இப்ப இருக்குற ரசிகர்கள், இளைய தலைமுறையினர் இதைத் தான் விரும்புறாங்கன்னு சொல்றது தப்பு. ‘‘தொட்டால் பூ மலரும்..’’ பாட்டை ரஹ்மான் ரீ_மிக்ஸ் செய்திருந்த சமயம், ஏர்போர்ட்ல மீட் பண்ணினோம். என்னைப் பார்த்துட்டு நான் எதுவும் சொல்வேனோன்னு பயந்தார் ரஹ்மான். ஆனா, நான் பாராட்டினேன். காரணம் ரஹ்மான் செய்தது ரீ_மிக்ஸ் மாதிரி இல்ல. முழு பாடல் வரிகளையும் அப்படியே வெச்சுக்கிட்டு டியூன் போட்டார். பாட்டு கேட்கவும் நல்லா இருந்தது. அதுதான் சரி. அப்படித்தான் பண்ணணும். ஆனா பழைய ட்யூனை வெச்சுக்கிட்டு இடையில் ‘காச் மூச்’னு கத்தறதும், சத்தமான மியூசிக்கும் கேட்கவே பரிதாபமாயிருக்கு. ஏன் இப்படிப் பண்ணணும். செய்தா ‘பழமை மாறாமல்’ செய்யணும். இப்ப கூட ‘பில்லா’ படத்துல ‘மை நேம் இஸ் பில்லா’ பாட்டை எனக்குப் போட்டுக் காண்பிக்கிறதுக்காக வர்றேன்னு சொன்னாங்க. நான் தவிர்த்துட்டேன். என்னோட வாழ்த்து எப்பவும் எல்லார்க்கும் இருக்கும். ஒரு ரசிகனா நான் இதை ரசிக்கவில்லை. இளைய தலைமுறைக்கு விஷம் பிடிக்குதுன்னா நாம விஷம் கொடுக்கலாமா? இது தப்பு. சரியில்ல...

‘நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும்’ படத்துக்காக கம்போஸ் செய்தபோது, ஒரு கிராமத்துப் பாடலை நான் பாடிக் காண்பித்தேன். ‘கத்தாழங் காட்டுக்குள்ள... விறகொடிக்கப் போனபுள்ள’ இதுதான் அந்தப் பாட்டு. அதையே கண்ணதாசன், ‘எங்கேயும் எப்போதும்’னு உடனே பாடலை எழுதிக் கொடுத்திட்டார். இப்படி ஒன்றிலிருந்து ஒன்று வந்தால் தப்பில்லை. எதையும் கெடுத்திடக் கூடாது’’ என்றவர், ‘‘சொல்லத்தான் நினைக்கிறேன்.. உள்ளத்தால் துடிக்கிறேன்’’ என்று உச்ச ஸ்தாயியில் பாட ஆரம்பித்தார்..
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Irene,

Thanks for posting this ... Is this interview complete? Seems like there is more to it. If there is more, please post for the benefit of everyone. Thank you.
ravikumar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Madhuraman,

Thanks for your letter to Shri.MSV. expressing the feelings of so many people.

Dear Mr. Irene,

Thanks for posting this article from Kumudam on the views of Shri.MSV about Re-mixes.

As usual he is so magnanimous to ignore and neglect these music novices / green-horns and their massacre.

Now that it has become publically noticed, the current day MDs started saying lame excuses like passing over yesteryear's music to the younger generation. Well if the thought is so noble there are different platforms and ways to do it. They could chose a not so popular number from then and try re-presenting it in a better way. Not just add synths to an already
popular number and resell it.

Or if they are so impressed by the old number, they should hesitate to put their own names on the label. Instead, they should put the original composers name and pay tribute to their legendary work. Instead, all they want is, cash out the sweat of earlier composers.

It is very common for an artiste in any field to admire and get inspired from his/her predecessors’ work. After all, every one learn from others. But it is a crime to steal someone’s brain and call it theirs.

Every actor in the world knowing Sivaji (I should add Ganesan to make it clear) would get inspired by his talents and would use some of his techniques. Sivaji himself has said that he use to watch certain people closely and used their mannerism / body language in appropriate characters he played.

MSV has been inspired by so many other musicians and also from his own music.

In one of the recent interviews, one new generation MD mentioned that it is so common for any young musician to get inspired by MSV or Ilayaraja. True, very true and we all agree.

It was an inspiration when ARR made ‘Roja, roja, roja roja ‘ (Kadhalar Dhinam) on the lines of ‘kodutha santhangalil en manathai nee ariya naan uraithen’ (Varumaiyin niram sigappu). No blames.

But inspiration has become a relative terminology that they stretched it too much and just reproduce the numbers with modern ‘sounds’. No current day MD is spared from this crime.

The most saddening thing is these are the people who talk (shout) about audio / video piracy while getting the last possible dime in the name of ‘Royalty’.

I pity the movie producers who end up paying millions for them. Anybody (even I Razz ) could do same / better job recycling old tunes, with free-wares like cool-biz or so and by renting a recording studio and save them tons of money.

I can’t believe there are so many dearth of skills. Current day MD take months to compose a piece (in the name of quality). From earlier posts in this forum I come to know that those days, MDs were like regular office goers and just performed with the ease of a typist’s daily execution. Shri. MSV and others have churned out so many tunes for so many different situations, on a single day. Those were the toughest days to get over so many barriers - primitive recording technologies, less resources, tough song situations etc.

I guess none of those MDs have even thought about marketing and minting money of their knowledge those days. Their only motive and ambition was ‘en kadan pani seithu kidappathe’.

In recent days I happened to see some shows in SUNTV where the performers simulate the body languages of the original actor/actresses. Also there are so many music troupes around the world who reproduce the original compositions so nicely.

If the current day MDs keep doing what they do now, it would be very tough to differentiate them from above said artistes.

So my request to the present MDs is – please..

Create. Don’t replicate. Get inspired from legends!
Respect their work! Aspire to become a legend! Not a copier.

I am sure MSV, and for that matter any legend, would love to see their disciples/ students achieve utmost success – like a parent bird sitting and watching their young ones fly unbound.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: HOW DO I REACT? Reply with quote

Dear Ravikumar,

An emotional yet an outburst that says it all. How do I react except like this??? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I sincerely hope some sense prevails amongst the producers also as there is no point blaming the MD's alone. If producers are just sinners, then the MD's who stoop to any level are the biggest sinners. Sad indeed.

VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: