"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sugamaana Raagangalae from Mirudanga Chakkaravarthi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Sugamaana Raagangalae from Mirudanga Chakkaravarthi Reply with quote

Dear friends,
A classic is defined. Vaani Jayaram's soul sinks into this marvel of all times. Sugamaana raagangalae, isai sabaiyaeri vaarungalaen ... Each and every phrase of lyrics, music, bgm, every thing blended in the right proportion, this is a classic example for classics composed by a classic. In other words, this song is a classic by the classic for the classic of the classic... K R Vijaya's evergreen smile and warm face, accompanied by NT on mrdangam, this masterpiece is also a visual delight when you want to visual it.
Hear it and you will agree.
V. Raghavendran.
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Raghavendran,

Thank you very much for bringing out rare gems of the gem of Music Directors, Sri MSV.

It will be wonderful if you could give the link of such songs, if there is any, for the benefit of members.

I request you to send me a CD of all these songs, you have been posting here so methodically so that I will arrange for uploading them in this site. Let the whole world hear them and enjoy thereafter!

Thanks
Ramki

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Raghavendran,

Excellent pick ! Happy to recollect this song after a very long time . MSV had composed some lovely songs in MC . I have also noticed that for such classical music, MSV always had preferred Vani Jayaram for her mastery over the art & her Ganeer kural . God's gift.

Another beautiful song from MC is Abinaya Sundari Aadugiraal , sung by Dr. SivaChidambaram.

Well, about how Nadigar Thilagam played that Mirudangam player character & that climax scene, it needs an elaborate analysis Very Happy
I think the great Shri Umayalpuram Sivaraman played the Mridangam .
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Mirudanga Chakkaravarthi Reply with quote

Dear Ramki,
Thank you for the compliments. I shall definitely try to bring out the compilation for the benefit of our dear MSVians as early as possible.
Dear Balaji,
Thank you. You have taken me back to 80s. In fact I was fortunate that I was a witness to the great climax of Mirudanga Chakkaravarthi which was picturised at the Swami Sankaradoss Swami Kalai arangam. The auditorium was jam packed with the fans and musicians. Almost all the famous carnatic musicians were very eager for that particular film and many of them voluntarily opined about it in the popular weeklies, particularly idhayam paesugiradu, ananda vikatan, kumudam, etc.
Coming to the shooting, though about 1000 to 1200 people were there, you won't believe it, there was pin drop silence, except for the voice of the director giving professional instructions, commands, etc. and the song played for the scene in bits. Padmashree Umayalpuram Sivaraman and T.K. Murthy were there. The shooting was held for about a few days. Every time NT came to the stage, he worshipped the stage as a musician would do. There were some comments in the later days about the facial expression. But NT clarified this even during the shooting. In fact he underplayed during the rehearsals but the director and the scholars insisted that he is at libery to give facial expression if he would like. But NT was hesitant to overreact but later on was convinced and the whole shots were taken in a single take. He took just two or three practices to play the mrdangam, which was played by Sri T.K. Murthy. Sri Umayalpuram Sivaraman supervised the picturisation. In fact, it was Prabu who stole the show with his equal show of strength in acting. When everything was completed and the crew packed up, all of us felt very sad and wished the shooting goes on and on and on ....
V. Raghavendran
irenehastings

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Radhavendhar,

This song will come in the movie for two times, once in the young age of Shivaji & K.R.Vijaya and next time in climax, when Shivaji feel some dipression to play mridhangam.

I saw one lady was singing this song yesterday in Jaya TV, 'ennOdu paattu paadungaL' programme conducted by SPB.

Good re-collection by you. I need one clarification. Did our MSV sir got 'Tamil Nadu state Govt award' for this movie..?. I read it in a site.

(I remember in 1978, he got for 'Varuvan Vadivelan').
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: State Award Reply with quote

MSV received the Best Music Director award from the TN govt for 1982-83 (Agni Saatchi).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: