"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAAN PATTA KADAN ETHANAYO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: NAAN PATTA KADAN ETHANAYO Reply with quote

Dear Fellow MSVians,
I have been reading about the song Sumaithangi Saaindhal (Thangapadakkam) in another thread posted by Vaidy Sir. This is also one of my favourite songs. There is another song which evokes similar emotions but I have not listened to this in a long while. The song is 'Naan patta kadan ethanayo bhoomiyil pirandhu' from the movie Viswaroopam.
Can anyone let me know if there is any link through which I can listen to this touching song? The film starred NT and KRVijaya. NT buys flowers for KRV but does not have small change on him. He only has large denomination currency note which he offers to the flower vendor who magnanimously refuses it and says she would take money from him later! There is also a sad version to this song, when KRV blocks the bullet meant for NT and succumbs. NT then sings the song and the line 'En kaavalukkival nindraal andha kadan theerpeino'. What a tear jerker of a song! I am not sure who wrote the lyrics but MSV and TMS are very impressive.
Warm regards
Daran Pachaiappan
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mr. Damodaran,

Thanks for reminding the song. One of my dad's favorites, and he made me hear to this song once the movie was shown in Raj TV, and I started loving this song since then. (Unfortunately, I have not heard it for another time and looking for it too!!!). None can evoke the emotions and take us to the edge of it, like EMPEROR does. Simply Superb!!!

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor sir,

You brought a wonderful song to the light, which is very very rare to hear often. Only a small correction. That was SUJATHA and not K.R.Vijaya.

TV channels are not telecasting these kind of rare songs, instead of that they always doing the job of 'araitha maavu'.

Recently I was fortunated to watch all songs from the movie 'Vaa Kanna Vaa' by MSV sir (Shivaji & Sujatha) in Kalingar TV. This is another rare ones.
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Irenehastings,
Thank you very much for correcting me. I have made similar mistakes with lyricists as well! I have mistakenly attributed some lovely songs to Kaviarasu Kannadasan when in fact they were actually penned by the Evergreen Vaali. My apologies.
With sincere regards,
Damodaran Pachaiappan
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Naan patta kadan ethanayo bhoomiyil pirandhu' is a lovely song with nice Guitar and Piano...
Almost during the same period two more lovely songs from the MSV-TMS-Sivaji combo
1. Valartha kada mutta vantha - Kalthoon, a very good song with nice bgm
2. Anbenum mozhiaga - Siranjeevi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: