"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re- Recordings, Back-Ground Music, Title Music
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re- Recordings, Back-Ground Music, Title Music Reply with quote

Nenjam Marapathillai - If there was an Oscar for Re-Recording, then MSV absolutely deserves not just an Oscar, but multiples of the same! Truely a class movie in every way. The title says it all! MSV is the rarest of rare gems who has the capability not only to unleash immortal tunes, but literally casts a spell of magic on his listeners. I watched this movie like how anyone would watch a Alfred Hitchcock's movie. Tied to my seat literally, enjoyed every second of the re-recording more that the movie itself. Master creator MSV's touch will be felt in every frame of this movie.
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Re- Recordings of MSV! Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:
Nenjam Marapathillai - If there was an Oscar for Re-Recording, then MSV absolutely deserves not just an Oscar, but multiples of the same! Truely a class movie in every way. The title says it all! MSV is the rarest of rare gems who has the capability not only to unleash immortal tunes, but literally casts a spell of magic on his listeners. I watched this movie like how anyone would watch a Alfred Hitchcock's movie. Tied to my seat literally, enjoyed every second of the re-recording more that the movie itself. Master creator MSV's touch will be felt in every frame of this movie.

Agreed Vaidy. Music in Nenjam Marappadhillai will be ahead of MSV's times. It is a Symphonic Attack by MSV. (Await for my detailed analysis about Nenjam Marappadhillai's music, soon, in the Fan-Writings section).

Vaidy, you are the proud first person to post in the MSV TIMES discussion forum. (Leave the Moderator). Congrads !!!!!!

Ram
Moderator - MSV Times
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram, thanks for your reply. It's really a dream come true for all of us here. I am eagerly awaiting your posts also. Did u see how I had reacted??? It's a great feeling to be part of MSVTIMES. I sincerely hope, more wud join this forum and take it to newer heights. Let's welcome all those like minded with a big Very Happy
more in my next post ram
satheesh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pudhiya Paravai - A movie who score very well qualifies as something outstanding and ahead of times. I am not saying this just because I am an ardent fan of MSV but it is a fact that people would really agree on. The version of "Paartha nyabagam illayo" in the climax stands as a testimony of the genious in MSV. And the orchestration of "Enge nimmadhi" leaves everyone stunned. The mastery of MSV is seen not only in the Background scores but also in the silence that accompanies. It is only the genius in MSV that has made him provide silence at places which enhances the mood of the situation rather than the music filling in for situations.

If I dont put a hard stop, I might write books on the scores of MSV. Will return back in a while....... Very Happy
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: bgm Reply with quote

Dear friends,
This is one of the most important aspects of the discussions MSV fans should discuss but not much postings are found. We should make this the most posted topic.
MSV has sometimes used his theme cum bgm as tunes for songs which have become superhits. e.g. The bgm theme in Rathapaasam was used as a tune and featured in the film SUJATHA, song "Nee Varuvaai ena Naan irundhaen" sung by Kalyaani Menon (Rajiv Menon's mother). Likewise, the bgm in Thangapadhakkam was converted to a song in another movie, "Manmadha LeelaI', (title song of Manmadha Leelai). MSV somehow will not leave the popular at the same time difficult bgms into songs in some other movies.
I shall bring out more such bgms/ songs later.
V. Raghavendran
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Re-Recording some pieces of information. Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Although, Rerecording is used in a technical sense to imply adding of musical effects to a picture after the entire movie is shot and edited, in the golden era of 1960-1980s there was no track recording for songs. Every minute sound or note had to be played live and recorded. If any thing goes wrong everything has to be done all over again from the very beginning and THUS MOST yester GENERATION SONGS WERE rerecorded items in one sense. In this coneection, 2 OF MSV's products are remembered in the industry.
PAESUVADHU KILIYAA -Panaththottam was straight away recorded IN A SINGLE TAKE , A FEAT BECAUSE OF THE INTRICATE NUANCES IN EVERY PART OF THE SONG.

VAARAI EN THOZHI VARAYO -Paasa malar went for 42 Takes right from the start of the day deep into next day's wee hours because mistakes used to creep in, while chanting of mantras, claps of hands or in some part of orchestration. EVERYTHING HAD TO BE REPEATED FROM START TO FINISH,Sure it must have been a herculean task and is a genuine sample for MSV's indomitable will to uncompromising quality. Hats off to his team.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAARAYEN THOZHI VAARAYO:--- Dialogue, Song, Mantras, Orchestration, Claps, Laughter...God! Everything blended into one song, when there was no facility of multi-track recording. Till date this is the best Marriage Tamil song. Can any one think of any song, other than this for the occasion, "Manapennai azhaithu varuthal" during a Marriage function? We need to bring into limelight the hardwork went behind such precious tamil songs.

P. Sankar - Tirunelveli.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Re-Recording some pieces of information. Reply with quote

madhuraman wrote:
Dear friends,
Although, Rerecording is used in a technical sense to imply adding of musical effects to a picture after the entire movie is shot and edited, in the golden era of 1960-1980s there was no track recording for songs. Every minute sound or note had to be played live and recorded. If any thing goes wrong everything has to be done all over again from the very beginning and THUS MOST yester GENERATION SONGS WERE rerecorded items in one sense. In this coneection, 2 OF MSV's products are remembered in the industry.
PAESUVADHU KILIYAA -Panaththottam was straight away recorded IN A SINGLE TAKE , A FEAT BECAUSE OF THE INTRICATE NUANCES IN EVERY PART OF THE SONG.

VAARAI EN THOZHI VARAYO -Paasa malar went for 42 Takes right from the start of the day deep into next day's wee hours because mistakes used to creep in, while chanting of mantras, claps of hands or in some part of orchestration. EVERYTHING HAD TO BE REPEATED FROM START TO FINISH,Sure it must have been a herculean task and is a genuine sample for MSV's indomitable will to uncompromising quality. Hats off to his team.

Professorji.....

சரியாகச் சொன்னீர்கள். அப்போது நடந்ததுதான் உண்மையான உழைப்பும் திறமையும்.

இன்றைக்கு அனுராதா ஒரு பாடலில் அவருடைய போர்ஷனைப் பாடிவிட்டுப் போய்விட்டால், உடன் பாடும் உன்னிகிருஷ்ணன் மறுநாள் வந்து பாடுவார். கீ போர்டு வாசிப்பவர் மூன்றாம் நாள் வந்து வாசித்து விட்டுப்போவார்.

ஆனால் இவ்வளவு வசதிகள் இருந்தும், உருப்படியான ஒரு பாடலைத் தர இன்றைய இசையமைப்பாளர்களால் முடியவில்லை என்பதுதான் நிதர்சன உண்மை.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Preludes and Interludes Reply with quote

Dear Saradhaa Madam ,
While referring to the present day styles of song-recording, you have indicated a situation of Anuradha and Unni Krishnan rendering a duet. But, they do not do the art of "UDAN PAADUDHAL". Therefore, the songs also suffer from a lack of "UDAN PADUDHAL" [DO NOT SHOW THE ALL IMPORTANT ELEMENT OF EMOTIONAL UNISON] and are readily dinned down by musical [!! ] instruments that fill the time .Often they interfere and also intimidate the fineness of listening. Melody is the biggest casualty in these songs. As evidence of this, you can find songs with basic melody proving to be quick hits. Others are hits on our heads. A new generatin of noise-lovers enjoy agonising sounds. All these can be traced to piecemeal assembly of songs using synthesisers without live[life too] orchestration.
You know the value of synthetics in garments or flowers as lifeless decoratives. Nothing better can come about.
Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

The same way, the song "Vare vaa raja ithu indira logam..." by LRE for the movie THEE. This movie is another good example of MSV's re-recording.
This tune will come as a bgm in another Rajnikanth starrer POLLATHAVAN.

I don't know which came first.
sridhar.mg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Re- Recordings, Back-Ground Music, Title Music Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:

The Emperor has given some unique background score in " Neerum Neruppum" & " Maduraiyai Meetta Sundarpandiyan".
I would like to know your opinion about these movie-scores

Sridhar MG
sridhar.mg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Re- Recordings, Back-Ground Music, Title Music Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:

The Emperor has given some unique background score in " Neerum Neruppum" & " Maduraiyai Meetta Sundarpandiyan".
I would like to know your opinion about these movie-scores

Sridhar MG
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of creating a new topic for each and every music, I thought it's better to continue here.

Theme Music from the film LALITHA

external link:

https://soundcloud.com/veeyaar/lalitha-theme-music
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

என் மகன் திரைப்படத்திலிருந்து

1. தந்தை வேடத்தில் நடிகர் திலகம் இசைப்பதாக வரும் காட்சியில் ஒலிப்பது

http://www.mediafire.com/?xktbi6fag5nh1tq

2. மகன் வேடத்தில் நடிகர் திலகம், காவல் துறையின் ஜீப்பில் செல்லும் போது வாசிப்பதாக ஒலிப்பது

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0fz6b ... MPET02.MP3

3. என் மகன் திரைப்படத்தின் டைட்டில் இசை

http://www.mediafire.com/?c953bayu89jb4e6
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்பான ராகசுதா அவர்களே,

என் மகன் டைட்டில் இசை - எப்படித்தான் இது போன்ற முத்துக்களைத் தோண்டி எடுத்து எங்களுக்குத் தர முடிகிறதோ தெரியவில்லை! - அபாரம்.

மிக நன்றி.

ராம்கி.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: