"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strong ONE LINERS on MSV by his ardent Fans!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: MSV's Greatness. Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy & Ram,

I entirely agree with you (sorry, I couldn't control myself on reading some unpardanable, immature & indigestible comments, which were indirectly defaming our Legend).

Vaidy, you statement that for receiving a coveted award one should not be alive is partially correct. But there are numerous sub-standard sundries who are receiving the Govt's awards when they are alive and that too at a very young age (a recent example was Tennis player Sania Mirza receiving Padmashree after playing few matches and winning a third-rate tournament). I feel a bit guilty in questioning the Govt in its deciding the awardees, as my Grand Uncle Prof. P. Sambamoorthy Iyer - an authority on Carnatic Music in his days - was a Padmabushan (which you are already aware of). The other coincidence is my grand uncle lived close to MSV's house on Santhome High Road and I was staying with him when I studied in PS High School, Mylapore.

As I have already written in this site, MSV is simplicity personified, non-boasting, non-gimmicky and most humble in his behaviour & attitude. That's partially a reason for his not getting many of the awards. If at all the Govt decides to honour him with an Award after such a loooong delay, it should be nothing less than a Bharat Ratna.

I only think of Gundappa Vishwanath and Sunil Gavaskar to compare MSV with another Music Director whom I don't want to name. MSV is like Gundappa Vishwanath (what a coincidence in the name similarity too), who was a touch artiste and a great, classic and innovative batsman. Gavaskar, no doubt, was a great batsman as well. But, as compared to Vishwanath, he was nowhere. But Gavaskar always had the cream of the cake due to his boasting, big mouthed talking and publicity stunts.

If you are a cricket fan too like me, I am sure you will fully agree with me. Let me have your views.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Great One Liners on the Legend. Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

Here are some more. Hope you will enjoy them:

புல்லாங்குழல் கொடுத்த மூங்கில்களே
எங்கள் மெல்லிசை மன்னன் புகழ் பாடுங்களேன்

MSV கை விரலில் பிறந்தது நாதம்
அவன் இசையில் செழித்தது தமிழ்ப் பட கீதம்

என்ன என்ன வார்த்தைகளோ
தேடி தேடி பார்த்துவிட்டேன்
எங்கள் MSV பெருமை பாடுவதற்கு
எதுவுமே சரியாக கிடைக்கவில்லை

நாம் நன்றி சொல்வோம் அந்த கடவுளுக்கு
MSV என்பவனை தமிழ் பட உலகுக்குத் தந்ததற்கு
(நான் நன்றி சொல்வேன் from குழந்தையும் தெய்வமும் style)

Will try to come out with more.

Luv,
Venu Soundar
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great going!

I liked "Naan Nandri Sollven" much!!!

More please.... others too!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: From Mr Venkat's Article. Reply with quote

Reproduced below is a portion from the Article "JAZZ IN TAMIL FILMS" written by Mr VENKAT (not the Venkat of MSV Times). It is written in reference to the song "Thedinen Vandadhu":

நான் இந்தத் தொடரை எழுதத் தொடங்கியபின் என் தொகுப்புகளில் இருந்த பல எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதனின் பாடல்களைத் திரும்பத் திரும்பக் கேட்க நேர்ந்தது. ஜாசின் கூறுகளைத் தேடிக்கொண்டு விஸ்வநாதனின் பாடல்களூடே பயணித்தது ஒரு அற்புதமான அனுபவம். அவருடைய காலத்தை மனதில் கொண்டு பார்க்கும்பொழுதும் அந்தக் காலங்களில் பிற இசை வடிவங்களைக் கேட்கும் வாய்ப்புக் குறைவுகளை மனதில் கொண்டும் பார்த்தால் விஸ்வநாதனின் பரந்துபட்ட உலக இசையறிவு வியப்பைத் தருகிறது. வேதா, சங்கர் கணேஷ் போன்றவர்களின் இசைகளிலும் இப்படி பல விதியாசமான தன்மைகளைப் பார்க்க முடிகிறது. ஆனால் ஆழ்ந்து கேட்பவர்களுக்கு வேதாவும் பிறரும் ஏதாவது ஒரு மேற்கத்தியப் பாடலை அப்படியே வரிததுக் கொண்டு அதைத் தமிழில் தந்திருப்பது எளிதாகப் புலப்படும்.

மேற்கத்திய கிளாசிக்கல் இசை, ஜாஸ், ரிதம் அண்ட் ப்ளூஸ், காஸ்பல் என்று பல வடிவங்களை முழுமையாக உள் வாங்கிக் கொண்டு தனக்கே உரித்தான தனித் தன்மை கொண்ட இசை வடிவத்தைச் செதுக்கிக் கொண்ட மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் சாதனை வியப்பைத் தருகிறது. இந்தப் பாடல் கிட்டத்தட்த நாற்பது வருடங்களுக்கு முன் வந்தது என்று யோசிக்கும்பொழுது பிரமிப்பாக இருக்கிறது.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Awards for MSV Reply with quote

Hi Ram, Vaidy & Other Friends,

As you all know, Fans of MSV are very sore about his not being honoured properly with any of the Govt's coveted Awards. In this context, I have come out with the following song (on the lines of the famous "Palum Pazhamum" number):

போனால் போகட்டும் போடா
மெல்லிசை மன்னனுக்கு விருதுகள்
கிடைக்கிவில்லை என்றால் என்னடா
ரசிகர்கள் விருதே அவனுக்கு என்றும் பெரிதடா
(போனால் போகட்டும் போடா .....)

மற்றவரின் பாடல்கள் வந்தது தெரியும்
போனது எங்கே யாருக்கும் இங்கே தெரியாது
MSV-யின் பேரின்பப் பாடல்களுக்கு முன்னே
மற்றவரின் பாடல்களுக்கு இடமேது
சினிமா என்பது வியாபாரம், அதில்
MSV-யின் இசை தயாரிப்பாளருக்கு பெரும் லாபம்
அவன் பாடல்கள் ரசிகருக்கு ஒரு வரப்ரசாதம்

இறாவாப் பாடல்கள் தருகின்றான்
இல்லையெனில் டைரக்டர் அவனை விடுவானா
HITஅன்றி வேறுபாடலை என்றேனும் கொடுத்திருக்கின்றானா
மெல்லிசைக்கு அரசன் ஒருவனடா
அவன் எல்லாம் தெரிந்த கலைஞனடா
ரசிகர்கள் மனதை என்றும் ஆள்பவனடா
அவன்தான் மெல்லிசை மன்னனடா......

Pleaes let me know how did you like it?

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! But Award Illaye Endru Oru Soga Padal Paadi Irukkireergal.

"Award Edharkku???" Endru Oru Santhoshamaana Padal Paadungalen ???

Awaiting that!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Aha Venu Soundar! Reply with quote

Dear Venu,

Enna varigal from the bottom of your heart!!! En manathai kollai kondu vittergal pongal!!! (ofcourse borrowed from Ninaithale Inikkum). Y(our) Views I hope reaches the brains that decide these awards. Until then, we'll keep this site alive with our postings. Keep it up Mr. Soudar, I have been freaking out with all your postings. Enna no news from Mathangi, pse ask her post her analysis also so that we could get to know the views of the next generation!
Love
vaidy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Awards for MSV Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

Just that I have written it on the lines of the "Paalum Pazhamum" number, please don't look at it as a "Sogap Paadal". It is in fact an attacking and authoritative song, pooh-poohing the Govt's ignorance and emphasizing that the Fans' Awards are more important for our Master.

Dear Vaidy,

Thanks for your compliments. Mathangi is busy with her Music programmes. Today she is singing at Pune. In every programme, she comes out with at least 2/3 MSV numbers, inlcuding songs like "Maalaip Pozhudhin Mayakkathile Naan Kanavu Kanden Thozhi" and "Aalaya Maniyin Osaiyai Naan Ketten", which receive the maximum applause. It is my sincere wish to make her sing in front of our Master. I will ask her to try and come out with her posting in the site.

Bye,
Venu Soundar
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: MSV the genius Reply with quote

Dear all,
Pleasure is mine rejoining all after an unintended silence under sheer circumstantial grip of events. A few things come to my mind that which help us to look at MSV with greater awe and appreciation.
Leaving aside his compositions for movies, he is one MD who has the distinction of setting to tunes the lyrics of Tamil scholars of the magnitude of MANONMANIAM SUNDARANAR
MAHAKAVI SUBRAMANYA BHARATHIAR
BHARATHIDASAN AND OTHERS JUST TO NAME A FEW.
Undoubtedly MSV has immortalized all these songs that hold aloft the principles of respect for the motherland and the mothertongue.
The songs are :
Neeradum kadulusaththa , Sidhu nadhiyin misai nilavinilae, Thamizhukkum Amudhenru paer, Sangae muzhangu.
All these are songs rich in class, swuperior in indomitable spirit and woven around the spirit of self respect , freedom and tolerance besides sustaining glorious literary value.
MSV has matched these themes by a logical composition and fitting orchestration , immortalizing these in one stroke. What is great about MSV the MD for these items is all of them were rendered to absolute precision by a resolute composer by carving out 'meter for matter' as these were set to tune more as a posthumous tribute to these poets. I mean there was just no scope whatsoever to alter any syllable anywhere to 'accommodate' for the tune. Yet , MSV the colossus rose to the occasion on his usual grandeur bringing greater glories to the writers by a spirited composition brilliantly embellished. Since all these numbers relate to the spirit of freedom and due glorification of our land and culture, the Government of India has turned a blind eye to acknowledge this all-time great composer of our times. We take pride in hollow claims of National integration. No wonder MSV has not been honoured but he stays more honourable than any of these honours.
Warm regards. Prof.K.Raman MADURAI
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Happy to see your posting Professor Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
We are happy to see your posting which has proved your CLASS. I am also particularly happy to inform you that I have launched two websites -
(i) http://mellisai.tripod.com - exclusive website dedicated to the filmography of Mellisai Mannargal Viswanathan- Ramamurthi.
(ii) www.freewebs.com/mellisaimannartkr - exclusive website dedicated to the filmography of Mellisai Mannar T.K. Ramamurthi.
Both these provide information on the songs featured in that particular film, singers and lyricists, besides a link for juke box which gives a sample of a song for listening.
Please let me know your (in)valuable opinions, suggestions, remarks on these sites.
Sincerely,
With regards,
Raghavendran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: