"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWING / SITUATION IN MASTERS SONGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: SWING / SITUATION IN MASTERS SONGS Reply with quote

dear all
i am sure the ardent Fans of our master would have noticed the master's music , is ruled by the situations in the film ,, and its difficult ti distinquish a few
however , i have afew , which comes to mind immediately , and expect , others to join me , in exploring one more aspect of masters great ness ,

i was thinking about this for some time now, and i decided to share with you all , after seeing a write up on Ilakkanum maruthoo

the classic example to explaining the situation through Music

just rewind , a song sung by VAni and sasireka . from film apoorva ragangal .

i am sure most of the MSV + kannadasan + kb fans will cherish the song ,( which was otherwise overshadowed by another two beauties athisayaragam , and ezhu swarangalukkul - my athangam about good songs overshadowed by another , =will express in another thread ).
KELVIYIN NAYAGANEY .
I am no M/s Jayaram/ sampath / balaji / saradha -hence donot want to indulge in writting on raga and the meaning s of the song - i leave this to them .

and now , let us concentrate on lines , ' THALAIVAN THIRUCHANUR VANTHU VITTAN AVAN DHARUMA THARISANATHY THEDUKINDRAN ."

our great , would have made , Vani , search , thorough voice , while Kb , made loganath to search through camera , to zoom - the future super star. but to me this song super song , for the meaning , excellant tune , and the way its rendered .

one should see this video , to relish , the mastery of MSV , Vani , which could have prompted , KB .
i would be too happy , if any one comes with video clipping of this song .

another song need to be mentioned , to realise the swing is KATTODU KUZHAL ADA ADA - from periya idathu penn .

you can switch on the caseete , and close yr eyes , and you will feel the swing , which goes with kuzhal ada ada , and that continues there after .
similarly aagayapanthaliley ponnujal aaduthamma. from ponunjal .

now , all of us indulge more in this thread .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vijayakrishnan. I am a new member and hence the late reply. You have touched on an aspect of composition by MSV which ONLY HE CAN handle . He has composed so many good "swing " numbers but you have picked on a slow one. You must have a real feel for music to be able to do so. No wonder you have joined in this forum as member.Many other composers have composed on the 3/4 or 6/8 etc., rhythm trying to to get the swing effect but they were far from it although some of them were very beautiful.Hope to hear more from you. Chakravarthy
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear chakravarthy

i envy you for the indepth knoweledge in music .
but glad that you are here to share your knoweledge with millions , who relish music , only through MSV s

infact , i came across a programme , more or less on the same thread ,

telecasted by Mega TV

the songs selected apart from kattodu kuzhal ada ada were

ahaya panthaliley from ponnunjal
parakkum panthu parakkum - panakkara kudumbam .

its a good programme , for the lovers of old songs , i correct myself good songs

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vijayakrishnan, Thank you for the kind words. My understanding of music is mostly self taught and hope any mistake may be condoned.One of the aspects of western music which only MSV has used is the slow movement called "ANDANTE'. It gives a gentle push in the first beat and the rest of the song is very smooth. Like pushing a heavy vehicle and letting it roll till you have to push again. It is very pulsating and yet relaxing. It is worth a study.
Examples are
1. Neeyo Nano PBS/JAMUNA......... . Film ....Mannadhi Mannan.
2. Nejilae Or Alayam.Sirgazhi G..... Film.....Nenjil Or Alayam.
3. Andha Nal Mudhal. GK.Venkatesh... Film.....Pava Mannippu.
In all of the above songs this is seen in the first few stanzas. MSV, I think, is too active a person and never keeps the same tempo or lilt. Which again is his specialty. Hope to hear from you soon. Happy listening.
Chakravarthy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: