"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garuda Sowkkiyama - Sandhana malarin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Garuda Sowkkiyama - Sandhana malarin Reply with quote

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/santhana_malarin.rm
A real gem from Mellisai Mannar-SPB combo. My all time favourites. Find out how MSV stands tall as the mighty Himalayas by listening to this song from the film Garuda Sowkkiyama, starring Nadigar Thilagam.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

a mention of the garuda sowkyama , brings back the memory of golden days , and i was one of the luckiest to see the composition of not only this film , but also other films like deviyin thiruvilaiyadal,devi dharisanam , etc , as these are from the same producer who was our tenent .
- and all the compositions were done at our house , and i used to be silent spectator ,unfolding of a musical magic from a greatest MUSIC MAGICIAN
people who has seen MM in action , will vouch , valee's statement that OUR MM CAN tune even a malagai list .

i would be so excited , when i see MSV 5052 , his black Fiat , infront of my house ., with His sec narayanan following with Jeera water pot .

i used to bunk , my offc (was doing apprenticeship ina ca firm)to see the compositions , and there would be alot of incidents coming up , with valee and msv in .

it should be experienced , than explained

unfrtunately , my cassettes , with the composition , of these films , were missing , That was very sad day in my life .

i missed a treasure in my life , infact i had one malayalam composition also, in that cassette ( he was teaching jeyachandran the tune in that .

all the songs of this producer , used to be good , but unfortunately ,the producer never used to advertise , so the songs didnot the recognition , it should have .
there is another song , which is excellent --sUng by TMS - geethai solla kannan vanthan bharathiley
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vijaykrishnan,

It was really exciting & great to read your RARE experiences as a SILENT but a GIFTED listener of MSV!! I'm able to visualise your excitement and happiness tho your post.

So this leads me to place a request for you. PLEASE come-up with a detailed narration of each and every moment that you can recollect from the incidents during MSV's composing sessions. If you get those cassettes by any chance, please do share it with me, so that I can upload for the benefit of others.

Dear Ragasuda,

You have poured in rare songs (as usual). Now you have indirectly given me a big task to listen to all of them. Very Happy Thanks much!!
Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vijaykrishnan,
Great to know that you have seen the composition of the great legend in live.

Some years back, in Kalki magazine, I don't remember exactly who, KB or Cho said that "MSV and Kannadasan compose panradha parkaradhukku 1000 kann pathathu..."

Thats absolutely true...
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="vk1959"]hi
a mention of the garuda sowkyama , brings back the memory of golden days , and i was one of the luckiest to see the composition of not only this film , but also other films like deviyin thiruvilaiyadal,devi dharisanam , etc , as these are from the same producer who was our tenent .
- and all the compositions were done at our house , and i used to be silent spectator ,unfolding of a musical magic from a greatest MUSIC MAGICIAN
people who has seen MM in action , will vouch , valee's statement that OUR MM CAN tune even a malagai list .
i would be so excited , when i see MSV 5052 , his black Fiat , infront of my house ., with His sec narayanan following with Jeera water pot .
i used to bunk , my offc (was doing apprenticeship ina ca firm)to see the compositions , and there would be alot of incidents coming up , with valee and msv in .
[color=darkred][size=24][u][b] it should be experienced , than explained [/b][/u][/size][/color]
unfrtunately , my cassettes , with the composition , of these films , were missing , That was very sad day in my life .
i missed a treasure in my life , infact i had one malayalam composition also, in that cassette ( he was teaching jeyachandran the tune in that .
all the songs of this producer , used to be good , but unfortunately ,the producer never used to advertise , so the songs didnot the recognition , it should have .
there is another song , which is excellent --sUng by TMS - geethai solla kannan vanthan bharathiley[/quote]
Dear Vijayakrishnan,
As highlighted, your statement says it all. Yes, it should be experienced than explained. Adhileye ellam adangi vittadhu. Because we saw it on the stage at VINTAGE VISU programme. Dictionarykku kooda tune podakkodiyavar MM. Hope god graces you to find out the (in)valuable treasure of recordings.
Dear Ram,
Thank you for the compliments. My aim is to bring out the maximum number of songs that are very rare, so that the next generation fans can know how far MM has gone ahead of others.
Sincerely,
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

i have delayed this for too long , not only because that i was preoccupied with my business , but also did write twice , but could not get posted , as twice the line got cut off.
however to day i have decided to start if not to complete this ..
i am not that a great writter like ,M/S professor / saratha , balaji , raghavender etc ,but def try to bring in my emotions , when i saw MM in live composition , and recording

let me confess , though i used to enjoy songs , they were identified as MGR songs or sivaji songs when i was young .
even when madras vividh bharathi used to conduct , the top song of fort night , and oru raja raniyidam ((sivantha man ) and ninithai nadathiye (nam nadu ) used to compete with each other , fort night AFTER fortnight for the top position .
most of youngsters , used to debate , was it mgr song , or sivaji song which wOuld to head the list -with out realising both the tunes came from same brain cells .

i started to identify , and concentrate on MSV songs , thanks to IR , and and his lobby especially when they used to claim , , IR is one who turned entire world towards TFM . i agree IR one of the best , but not the ONLy , as a few claim .

after i moved to chennai , from a small town in ramanatha puram dt , i used to attend all music concerts , in the city , and one such occasion is MSVs concert .
oh god , i cannot explain , the way he conducted right from the title song, which ends with UNnai thoduvathu Iniyathu ,
though Mr mani , and joseph krishna , were there to conduct , our man would get so engrossed , when the concert is heading towards the finale
when the songs of Pattatthu rani , and engay nimmathi were played , you could not believe , he was 50 years + , but like a teen ager his involvement would flow with no boundary .

i started loving him , not only for the music , but also for his sincerity and his attitude to present audience a perfect song .

and late 70 's - producer of devidharisanam , came to our house as tenent , and the songs were already recorded .
t was VJ ./ msv / kaviarassu , combo - a great song - one of the best classical song sung by Vj .
then i had a chance to go for a re recording , since i have basic interest
in music , i went and . there i met a man , who is so involved , engrossed , at his work .

he is a magisician not only in forming music , but also , making the entire
place electric , the vibration , he creates , will make you , follow , him , like a sheep .

will join you again , on a few incidents that i remember during composing / recording

thanking god every day , to have given opportuinity to live with MSV songs .
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear friends

i am narrating 2 of incidents

incident 1.

i was witnessing the song GEETHAI SOLLA KANNAN VANTHAN BHARATHILEY WAS recorded - think it was in AVM

the tune was rehearsed , and and practised many times , and the tune getting improvised every time , Tms was taught the tune , all ready
while the take was on , the first take was stopped in the middle ,the reason
rhythm section , made a mistake , and was chided by MM .
and the second take was on , and this time , our msv was not happy , probably the feel of the song - we could hear MSv , asking TMS , is there any issue with anyone ?? , and said take again ,
this time all came to his expectation , and he said ok .and every one sighed relief .
believe me , for gyanasoonyams , like me , no issues both times ,but msv always go for perfection .
those who hear MSv teaching singers the tune , will agree with me that the Feel , he packs in the tune , none can match to his guile
this incident makes 2 points

one MM is a through professional who always improvises , and go for perfection at ant cost .and the best part is no one could question him , and the producer who put his money , never been there to see whats happening -to ask for the improved versions , but for our MSV , it didnot matter neither the time , and fame of the singer matter . he needs what he wants to give a long term pleasure to the rasikas
another point is TMS , Msvs questions heard all over - didnot mind , and gave the next try what he wanted . this proves a point why , old songs stay even now .its purely , creativity , hardwork , practice not technology which gave life to the songs

a devotee of what he does
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: