"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nenjam marappadhillai - Introduction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Nenjam marappadhillai - Introduction. Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Unusual ,it is to place an introduction for a movie. Yes, such situations of demand arise from unusual packages as NENJAM MARAPPADHILLAI.
I choose to call it a package, for, it has in store a variety of components that are elegantly arranged to yield a story line . quite unusual in concept, picturisation, assemblage of ideas, literally dialogues not driving the story. Rather it is the visual presentation, audio effects by BGM and a bunch of
"out of the world" songs that deliver the story until the last frame. I call them "out of the world" for connotations that are simultaneously relevant. These are: sequences narrated as flashback dreams, mental associations that 'reveal' hazy images of the previous birth, and a riveting link to characters who recapitulate the past from their inner minds by a gentle repeat of 'nejam marappadhilai' as the firm message.
Besides, all the song compositions are truly out of the world and soul stirring by orchestration. ONLY MSV CAN ANSWER SEVERAL QUESTIONS OF MINE, AS I AM SURE THAT HIS USUAL , CASUAL ESCAPE "HE DID IT" CAN NOT CONVINCE ANYONE. ELICITING ANSWERS COULD BE DONE ONLY BY CAREFUL PLAY OF WORDS IN FRAMING THE QUESTION AND PERMITTING HIS MIND TO OPEN UP. Certainly, the compositions are libraries on folk style compositions. [ If my identifying them as folk is wrong kindly correct me] What stands out is the components of orchestra as much as the orchestration itself. Simply rhythm and melody run a tandem race while MSV is seen in every octave in all compositions. It is the musical score that pumps the mood to the presentation and the alert MSV is too big for any situation, displaying his in-born gift of MUSICALLY PICTURIZING every mood; on occasions BGM is eloquent by silence and powerfully gripping in portrayal.
Certainly a man like CVS would not miss an occasion to establish credentials of supremacy and NM is a fertile subject for him to exploit the brilliance of his technical crew and it is a grand feast of nuances for the discerning . CVS has had so much to offer as a Director.
Hopefully, friends would join the fray to review the components.
Warm regards ,WAITING.
Prof.K.Raman MADURAI
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I'd like to take up the BGM+Cinematography (A great title that you discovered) of Nenjam Marappathillai. Infact I was planning on writing this for a long time, thanks for creating an opportunity now!
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Nenjam marappadhillai Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
Nice of you to have opted to analyse BGM-Cinematography. Actually, with Nenjirukkum Varai movie , I felt the two components take us through moments of vivid portrayal more as complementary elements -so to say as genuine AUDIO-VISUAL ensemble. If this way of combining them is infectious, then I am rewarded in the sense that my perception has after all been accepted as a meaningful approach. I am glad that you have set your preference for a parallel assessment of BGM-Cinematography in NENJAM MARAPPADHILLAI. Since it would be a sort of joint venture, let us see how it turns out. But any point if necessary may be added by anyone as supplement or as response. I trust this would be a new way of looking at things from different understandings as might be influenced by age, one's own likes, dislikes and the the cumulative values delivered by a movie. Soon , I intend posting on the Story and wait for others to opt for specific items.
Thank you for your option and declaring it to avoid the chance of repeats.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: An Infectious Discovery !!! Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Your perception to analyse BGM-Cinematography together is of a very high value. It would defiitely make the MOST sense if they are looked at together;

We have many movies of few other composers where the so called "BGM" for a Scene would just be like "OIL on WATER". "OIL" is great by itself and so is "WATER". It is just that the composer should be intelligent enough to know that they both cannot marry each other !

On the contrary the combination should actually be like "SUGAR in WATER". Even in this case, it is the composer's natural ability to know when to treat the "BGM" as "SUGAR" and when as "WATER". MSV for sure is a Master in both his perception and the delivery in this department and his "Nenjam Marappathillai" is a testimony to this fact !!

And yes, your discovery is indeed INFECTIOUS !!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: