"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound to Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Sound to Music Reply with quote

Our MM has the beautiful creative art of converting simple and otherwise meaningless sounds to music...

Take laughter for example... there are so many types of laughter.. but our genius created music with laughter...

A standing example - "enakkoru kaathali irukkindraaL" from "muththaana muththallavO"... one of the MM's favourite songs.... and has said that the song talks about himself : )) I think the song was penned by Vaali (pls correct me if I am wrong)

In this song, he not only sings the swarams, but also "laughs" to those swarams... amazing creativity!!!! Though SPB also sings in this song, I think the MM's singing is leaps and bounds above SPB's...

or take - a simple "gasp for breath" in "antha naaL gnyabagam" from "uyarantha manithan"... what creative use of the "gasp"... and though parts of the song are in "conversation", it is actually "sung" to the sangathis, in my humble opinion..

There are so many songs where he has used Saibaba, Sadan etc. to add the "special effects"...

... I request others to continue : ))

Cheers
&y
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: sound to music! Reply with quote

Dear Andy,

Absolutely true. MM's amazing capability to convert anything and everything simply remains unchallenged. Another classy example would be - Sirippil Undagum Ragathiley...... the prelude is actually ".Susheela's laughter in different scales and what about Sirippu Varuthu Sirippu Varuthu by the genius of a comedian, late Chandra Babu. Angey Sirippavargal Sirikattum athu aanava sirippu, Kaikotti siripaargal Oorar sirippargal are other classy numbers by our Master Creator. Any other song any one could think of??????
Cheers
vaidy
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Sirippu. Reply with quote

Dear Andy & Vaidy,

"Andha Naal Gnyabagam" and "Sirippu Varudhu" are part of the new topic posted by me today titled "Most Difficult Compositions by the Legend". Vaidy, did you go thro it?

I think "Enakkoru Kaadhali" is penned by Kannadasan and not Vaali.

Regarding the "Sirippu" Paattugal, what about the following:

"Kulunga Kulunga Sirikkum Sirippil Ival Oru Paappa" (Savithri's Sirippu - Kai Kodutha Deivam)
"Vaaarayo Thozhi Vaarayo" (Paasa Malar)
"Sirithu Vaazha Vendum" (Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban),
"Naan Sirikkiren Sirikkiren Sirippu Valle" (Raaja Part Rangadorai)

There are a few more songs; but not readily coming to my mind.

Luv,
Venu Soundar
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Hi Venu Reply with quote

Dear Venu,

I have been very closely following all your postings. In fact you posts are very thought provoking and hence I take a while to reply. Reg Venkat's silence - he is probably practicing how to remain silent 'cause his bachelorhood is already up for grab on the net Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's a big relief for all us to know that MSV is back at home. Know what??? He is supposed to have programmed a composing session next week!!!!

3 CHEERS TO MSV!!!!!

love
vaidy

Sirithaal thanga padumai adada adada enna pudumai
just as I was signing out, I remembered this song
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: MLV's comment(?) Reply with quote

MSV's ability to instantly score notes for "laughter" has been admired by many. One of the admirers commented that "MSV can give notes even for the screaching sounds from doors!" I think this comment was from MLV. (Some one can confirm)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

Thanks for your reply and I am glad to note that you are following my postings closely.

I am thrilled that the Master is back home and is doing fine. Regarding the proposed composing session, is he going ahead with it? If so, it would be simply amazing. What is the composing like? I would request you to kindly convey my special enquiries as well as namaskarams to him.

Regarding the "Sirippu" Padalgal, "Sirithal Thangap Padhumai" was very much in my mind (as well as "Silar Sirippaar Silar Azhuvar" from Paava Mannippu), but I thought only songs where "sirippu" is involved should be included.

Pls also convey my regards to Venky.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
srandy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: a few more.. Reply with quote

Venugopalan Soundararajan wrote:
Dear Vaidy,

I thought only songs where "sirippu" is involved should be included.

Pls also convey my regards to Venky.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar

Here are a few more "sirippu" paadalgaL that I could think of...

sirippu varudhu - aaNdavan kattaLai
ninaiththaal sirippu varum - bhama vijayam
muthumani siripirukka - oorukku oru pillai
pollaatha pun sirippu pothum pothum - peNNae nee vaazhga
maralpol sirippathu pathinaaru - sollaththaan ninaikkiren

Cheers
&y

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Sirippu. Reply with quote

Dear Andy,

I am amazed that you always quickly come out with many numbers for a particular word. How do you manage this? Please keep it up. (however, "Sirippu Varudhu" has already been referred by us in this thread).

Luv,
Venu Soundar
srandy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Sirippu. Reply with quote

Venugopalan Soundararajan wrote:
Dear Andy,

I am amazed that you always quickly come out with many numbers for a particular word. How do you manage this? Please keep it up. (however, "Sirippu Varudhu" has already been referred by us in this thread).

Luv,
Venu Soundar

I guess I informed earlier... I have access to lyrics for over 1100+ (and growing) MM's songs... : )) - yes, "sirippu varuthu" was an oversight.. hopefully Ram would be able to "categorise" soon : )

Cheers
&y
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: MLV's comment(?) Reply with quote

Ram wrote:
MSV's ability to instantly score notes for "laughter" has been admired by many. One of the admirers commented that "MSV can give notes even for the screaching sounds from doors!" I think this comment was from MLV. (Some one can confirm)

YA,IT WAS SAID BY MLV IN AN INTERVIEW.

LAUGH CUM WEEP SONG.

SIRITHAALUM KANNEER VARUM AZHUTHAALUM KANNEER VARUM(PENN

ENTRAL PENN)

MSV WELL UNDERSTOOD THE DIRECTER'S CONCEPT AND BEAUTIFULLY

GAVE ISAI VADIVUM.

SANKARANARAYANAN
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more...

Two "Sirippu" songs from Santhi Nilayam.
1. "BHOOMIYIL IRUPADHUM VAANATHIL PARAPADHUM" - A nice song with sirippu, chorus, tabla, drums, bongos, flute etc.,
2. "KADAVUL ORU NAAL ULAGAI KAANA" - A nice song with sirippu, chorus, flute, Kudhirai sound... Smile etc.,
wow... excellent compositions...

Angey siripavargal sirikatum athu - I think from Nam Naadu...
Aalayam enbathu veedagum asai vaithal... - I think Thamarai Nenjam...

I think our MM is the only one who has experimented all sort of songs...

Oru murai Madurai Sri.G.S.Mani avargal ippadi kurinar:
"Avar (MSV) kita Dhinathandhi kudutha kooda athul paatu compose panniduvar".

That is our MM.
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again its me...
one more...
CHINNA CHINNA PAPPA VAAPA SETHIYAI KELAPPA - PS, sirippu + chorus. A fast and beautiful number...
I don't know the movie...
I think its by our MM...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: