"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thattungal Thirakkappadum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Thattungal Thirakkappadum Reply with quote

This film is another master piece from our Master and very famous for the rerecording score,more than the songs. This film, I expected, should have come for discussion even at the beginning stage. Chandrababu proved his technical versatility in this film. There are many anecdotes for this film. In fact Chandrababu escaped death in this film's shooting he jumped on a moving train from a bridge and was hospitalised for the injuries. Such was his dedication. If I remember correct, the songs include "Kalyaana pandal alankaram" by P. Suseela, "Kanmani Pappa" by Chandrababu among others.
V. Raghavendran
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need more info on the thattungal thirakkappadum
like songs, lyricict, camera ,direction and all minute info
can any one give the inputs
baskar
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Thattungal Thirakkappadum Reply with quote

Dear friends
Thattungal thirakkappdum was a movie far ahead of oits times though it seriously hibernated through the stages of production. It was a project of Chandrababu, supported by Nadigaiar thilakam Savithri. At one stage it was doubtful if the movie would be screened at all. The director of the movie was Chandrababu himself. Obviously MSV scored music and some excellent numbers for this movie. Apart from the songs already cited, there was a superhit "Thiththippadhu, adhu edhu" by P.Susheela. It was a glamour packed lyric. As ever orchestration was quite melodious and captivating. Songs were by Kavi Arsu . As a movie it had several directorial touches of Chandrababu reminding us of his concept of movie as an actor and a director. Recently in an ainterview MSV has recalled
"iN MY LIFE I CAME ACROSS TWO PEOPLE. ONE NEVER HAD A SUNSET it was KANNADASAN, the other had NO SUNRISE,it ws CHANDRABABU.
Other details about this movie have escaped my notice.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some titbits:
Its a thriller movie.
R.S.Manohar has played the role of Savithri's husband.
I think Chandrababu will be deaf and dumb in this movie.
Apart from the songs mentioned, re-recording will be very nice.
There was a composition with orchestration and without lyrics.
A girl child will be there with him with a lottery ticket.
Thats all I remember about this movie. But those two songs I remember very well.
Jeev

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Thattungal Thirakkappadum Reply with quote

All the songs in the movie Thattungal Thirakkappum were here hit songs. TT was released in 1966 with JPC, Savithiri, K.R.Vijaya & R.S.Manohar in main roles.

http://psusheela.org/tam/raresongs/raresongs015.html
(Kalyana Pandhal Alangaram - P.Susheela sings for KRV)

http://psusheela.org/tam/raresongs/raresongs114.html
(oor Paadum Thalatu - P.Susheela sings for Savithiri)

http://psusheela.org/tam/raresongs/raresongs272.html
(Thithipathu Edhu Athuvo - P.Susheela sings for KRV)

The 4th song is Kanmani Pappa by JPC.

Jeev
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: ThattungaL thirakkappadum Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I happened to see this entry rather late and now. Actually,it was a movie directed by Chandrababu himself. The movie had all the ingredients of decent storyline, acting, music and BGM. Truly, the advertisements for this movie created a hype of sorts with Chandrababu as Director and the star cast with Savithri and MD -MSV. Certainly all songs were hits creating further expectations. What happened was the producer-Director got bogged down in financial crunch and Savithri took some steps to have the movie released. By then, substantial time had ran out and the freshness of expectation vanished and the film could not make an impact.
Another interesting piece of information, the song
'THIHTHTHIPPADHU' was a mesmerising number, full of intoxicating words by Kannadasan launching a verbal riot of moods. By its content and tune it should have been assigned LRE. But, MSV has brilliantly availed of PS to do a song of the brand of LRE in singing style. Thank God, the industry did not turn mad to brand PS for club songs. May be because MSV was the dominant MD then, he did not let things slip off. Only after some 5 years or so MD Kumar interchanged songs between PS and LRE.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jeev,
I think Kalyana Pandhal Alangaram - P.Susheela sings for Savithri. RSM will also be in the song sequence.

If you get the link of JPC song, pls. provide the same.
One more instrumental piece (i think in a party) will be there in the movie which will be very nice.
Jeev

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venkat,

Here is the link for the JPC song.

http://jpcbabu.tripod.com/index.html

Jeev
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...
So swift dear Jeev.
Right now I am enjoying the song and replying u... Smile
Thanks a lot...
Vatsan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: TT Reply with quote

TT was a great movie with a little bit of emotional drama that held the pace of the movie a wee bit. But the BGM....well ahead of its times. There is a scene where JPC dances in the club owned by Manohar, boy....Jazz at its best....MSV started off from where he left off at "varavENdum oru pozhuthu....". The BGM in this particular scene could make even the above number, glorious as it is to recede from our memories somewhat, such is the quality. I remember "kalyAna panthal" a PS-MSV pahadi that one never tires off and ofcourse the orchestral brilliance around "kaNmani pAppA". THanks for reviving memories of this long forgotten stuff.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Raresongs -T T Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vatsan
Nice of you to have brought out the glories of TT in a typical 'vatsan embellishment'. One major factor that worked against the movie was the undue length of hibernation between production and marketing. Lest, it should have been a trend setter for many things in TF industry. Thank you all for this opportunity.
WARM REGARDS Prof.K.Raman at Navi Mumbai.
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof.,

Nice to have you back here after your holiday break.
Now we look forward to your no-match writing as ever !!

Ramki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: