"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Andhappakkam vaazhndhavan Romeo" - Veettukku Veed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: "Andhappakkam vaazhndhavan Romeo" - Veettukku Veed Reply with quote

Dear friends,
This is another masterpiece from MSV. Full western style sung by Sai Baba with the accompaniment of guitar, picturised on Naagesh. This song was a craze during the release period, among the youth. Almost it represented the hippy style of music prevalent then. Nagesh and Sai Baba were separable and the voice matched Nagesh like any thing and in the end one would conclude that Nagesh started playback singing also. Sai Baba who is one of the findings of MSV and son of T.S. Balaiah, came to limelight through this song.
And the suspense is over.
The song - Andha pakkam Vaazhndhavan Romeo
Film : Veettukku Veedu
Singer: Sai Baba
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Raghavendran,
A very beautiful song mentioned by you.
Can you provide me the link.
I tried in Cool toad also. But I could not get the song.
Jeev

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Andha pakkam Vaazhndhavan Romeo Reply with quote

Here is the link for the song.

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/566.html
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jeev,

Thanks for the link. Very Happy
Infact song kettukite dhan type pannitruken... Smile
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Raghavendran,
Many thanks for drawing my attention to this song which I do not have in my collection. And thanks to Mr. Jeev, I am able to listen this song. Very nostalgic. Songs like these refute the misconception that our Master helped TMS and PS to monopolize TFM. He has been at the forefront of experimentation whether it is composing, orchestration or trying out new voices. Only Mellisai Maamannar can make even a humorous and light hearted song like this stand out so much.

With warm regards,
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Rare Songs of MSV Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Damodharan pachaiyappan,
While referring to Saibaba's song from Veettukku veedu, you have hinted that some used to criticize MSV of promoting the interests of TMS, PS to the level of monopolizing. My question is -why other MDs G.R, SV Venkataraman, Vedha, KVM, SMS, TR Pappa, TKR , Shankar Ganesh stuck to the same pair? Also , why is it that songs of 1955-1980 are more lively [lovely] and freshly vivid than those of post 1980s. What happened to a host of songs from other singers, with the exception of SPB [ can't ignore MSV in nurturing him]. People talk of things that they donot understand. Any TV programme for old songs enjoys a great patronage among listeners in absolute demonstration of the adage "Proof of the pudding is in the eating". To be honest the scale and varieties of experimentation on film music by MSV is a domain not treaded by many MDs. Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: RARE SONGS Reply with quote

Dear Mr.SR Shankar
Welcome to this elite club of admirers of Shri.MSV. From your first posting , we gather that you are yet another die-hard admirer of the legend. Most of the songs sought by you have been discussed under different threads in our forum; may be you have to browse them in leisure, since the threads have grown big, it takes time. What the fellow members look for is to understand MSV from how 'you' perceieve him, his works, variety and all about the mastery he has. Interestingly the new entrants of the current period appear to be well ahead of most of us here and therefore look upon to 'you' people as better [re]sources of information. WELCOME.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: RARE SONGS Reply with quote

[quote="madhuraman"]Dear Mr.SR Shankar
Welcome to this elite club of admirers of Shri.MSV. From your first posting , we gather that you are yet another die-hard admirer of the legend. Most of the songs sought by you have been discussed under different threads in our forum; may be you have to browse them in leisure, since the threads have grown big, it takes time. What the fellow members look for is to understand MSV from how 'you' perceieve him, his works, variety and all about the mastery he has. Interestingly the new entrants of the current period appear to be well ahead of most of us here and therefore look upon to 'you' people as better [re]sources of information. WELCOME.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai.[/quote]
SECONDED
Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: