"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RECOGNITION FOR MSV.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: RECOGNITION FOR MSV. Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS,

SUBJECT:AWARDS & RECOGNITION

I DISCUSS THIS MATTER IN DEPTH.NO ROOM TO HURT OTHERS BUT TO REVEAL

FACTS.

WHO NEEDS RECOGNITION & AWARDS? ONE WHO NEEDS MORALE SUPPORT,BOOST,

MOTIVATION.MSV HAS BEEN RECOGNISED & BLESSED BY GOD.HE HIMSELF IS AN

INSTITUTION OF MUSIC.HE IS GNANA KOZHANTHAI.WHY THERE IS A HUGE HUE &

CRY FOR RECOGNITION BY GOVT.SINCE INCEPTION OF COMMITTE FOR CINE

FIELD IT WAS DOMINATED BY NORTH .IN PARTICULAR BENGALIS.IT PERSISTED

TILL 80.BENGALIS AWARDED THEMSELVES MOST AND DIRECTED KERALA THEIR

POLITICAL COUNTERPART.AFTERWARDS SOUTH OCCUPIED THE SEATS GRADUALLY.

HERE TOO THE SELECTION WAS OBSURD IN MANY TIMES.AWARDS ARE BEING

CIRCULATED BETWEEN KAMAL CHITRA ILAYARAJA VAIRAMUTHU RAHMAN JANAKI

KAMAL WAS AWARDED FOR MOONDRAM PIRAI.IT WAS TOLD THAT SRIDEVI

PERFORMED WELL IN THE MOVIE THAN KAMAL (I HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE)

BECAUSE OF A SINGLE VOTE FAVOURED BY HIS LOBBY HE EMERGED.MOST OF THE

AWARDEES HAVE GOOD INFLUENCE AND LOBBY.MSV DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING

EXCEPT MUSIC.MATTER AND METER.THATS ALL.IN WHAT WAY THE ABOVE PERSONS

ARE SUPERIOR TO KANADASAN,SIVAJI,MSV,TMS,SUSEELA IN THEIR RESPECTED

FIELD? EVEN SIVAJI DID NOT SPELL A WORD ABOUT MSV IN HIS LONG

INTERVIEW IN DD A DECADE BACK.THE TRIO MSV TMS KD HAD CONTRIBUTED

MANY LIVELY SONGS WHICH WERE LIFELINE FOR THE MOVIES.INSTEAD HE

PRAISED ILAYARAJA IN THE TELECAST.WHAT WAS ILAYARAJAS MAJOR CONTRI-

BUTION EXCEPT MUTHAL MARIYATHAI? IN THE ENTIRE TELECAST WHICH RAN FOR

HOURS HE DID NOT MENTION TMS KD MSV.WHAT COMPULSON HE HAD I DO NOT

KNOW.AN IMMATURED STATEMENT FROM UVAN.EVEN HIS FATHER SAID ISAI

ENBATHU EMATRU VELAI (THE SAME WORD HE USED) GANGAI AMARAN PROJECTED

ILAYARAJA IN A BIG WAY IN THIS PROGRAME WHEN THE LATTER WAS IN PEAK.

LIKE FATHER LIKE SON.

THERE IS LOT OF BACK DOOR WORK INVOLVED.PUBLICITY STUNT REQUIRED.DID

THE GOVT RECOGNIZE TMS KD SIVAJI? BECAUSE OF POLITICAL COMPULSON HE

WAS FINALLY AWARDED DADA SAHIB THAT TOO NOT FOR ACTING.DO WE REALLY

THINK THE AWARDS HAVE ANY MEANING? IN ANOTHER FIVE YEARS EVERY SECOND

PERSON MAY BE A PADMA AWARDEE.MANY AWARDS ARE IN QUEUE IN FCI GODOWN

BHARAT RATHNA IS NORMALLY MEANT FOR POPLE WHO ARE NOT ALIVE.EVERY

YEAR DOZENS OF PADMASRI ARE EMERGING.SUCH IS THE QUALITY OF AWARDS.

SO MSV DOES NOT NEED SUCH AWARDS.IT IS NOT SAID BECAUSE OF MSV WAS

NOT AWARDED.AWARD LAKSHANAM AVVALVUTHAN.THE ALMIGHTY RECOGNIZED AND

AWARDED MORE THAN 1000 FILMS.TILL TODAY THE SONGS COMPOSED BETWEEN

1950 & 1975 ARE CALLED KAALATHAI VENTRA GAANANGAL.IN THIS PERIOD MSV

CONTRIBUTION WAS AMAZING.OFFLATE HERE TOO AIR BROADCAST SONGS OF

1980S.(NIGHT BETWEEN 10&11) I DO NOT KNOW WHAT MADE THEM TO

COMPROMISE.SIVAJI COULD DO ANY ROLE OF ANY ACTOR INCLUDING KAMAL

WHEREAS NO ONE CAN DO HIS ROLE.FOR Eg THILLANA,GOWRAVAM,VIETNAM VEEDU

DEIVA PIRAVI.HIS BODY LANGUAGE WAS SUCH.THE PRESENT DAY AWARDEES CANT

EVEN IMAGINE THE CHARACTER.SIVAJI WAS DEPRIVED.TAKE KANNADASAN.BORN

GENIUS.HE WAS NOT SEARCHING WORDS.MADAI THIRANTHA VELLAM.FOR APOORVA

RAGANGAL HE GAVE 28 PALLAVIS FOR THE TITLE SONG.UNPARRELEL LIKE MSV.

ANOTHER VERSATILE TMS .GOLDEN VOICE. NO ONE CAN NEAR HIM.IN THE

DEPRIVED LIST WE CAN INCLUDE NAGESH,SAVITHRI.NO AWARD WILL MATCH THEM

NO RECOGNITION IS NEEDED FOR MSV.HE IS ABOVE ALL.WE THE REAL ADMIRERS

ARE WITH HIM.LET THE ALMIGHTY GIVE HIM HEALTHY LIFE.

SANKARANARAYANAN.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well written Sankaranarayanan.... From the bottom of your heart!

I repeat one of my earlier statements: "There is no Meter to judge MSV's Matter".
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: YOU SAID IT!!! Reply with quote

Dear Sankaranarayanan,

Very well written. I will be posting one of my letters (enna Ram podalama???) I had written to the President of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in Feb 2006. What I had written to him and what you have written are somewhat similar as we the Rasikas as you said are MSV's mightiest Awards & Recognition and even MSV spontaneously acknowledges this fact. My letter to the President was only for the Bharat Ratna and nothing else or less for MSV! As you said every tom, dick & harry will get a Padma award soon but there will be very few Bharat Rathnas. Who knows, the politics and the lobbying that shrouds these awards could well degrade the Bharat Ratna to the level of Padma Awards very soon. Pathetic indeed the working of the awards committee. May be the entire committee should be awarded a Bharat Ratna for the current state of affairs!!!

Regards
vaidy
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Awards for MSV Reply with quote

Dear Sankaranarayanan & Vaidy,

Well said. From my side, I have posted quite a lot in this site about the non-recognition of MSV, including some Kavithais, which you all have gone thro.

Our views are almost uniform. So pathetic is the manner in which the Awardees are chosen nowadays (playing politcs, thro backdoor, etc), it is desirable that MSV does not get any award from our Great(!!!!) Govt at such a late stage in his career. In other words, we do not want MSV to be in the company of some tom, dick & harry.

I feel, MSV Times should organize a grand function (on a special day like the Master's Birthday) and confer a fitting Award to him, on behalf of all the MSV Club Members and Fans. We can contribute, if necessary, towards this cause.

Long Live MSV, His Music & His Fame.

Cheers
Venu Soundar
srandy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooriyanukku ethukku veLichcham?

award kOduppavargaL vaangubavargaLai vida athae thuraiyil perumai saerththavaraaga irukka vaeNdum... appadi yaaraavathu irukkiraargaLa namma MMukku award kOdukka???

namma geniusukku award koduththa, antha awardukkuthaan perumai...

ivarukku entha award kOduththaalum antha award vaangiya matravargaLukku innum perumai...

karnanai pOl, nam MM kOduththae sivantha karangaL : ))
karnan kOdukka mudiyaatha sangeethaththai ivar koduththuaar, kodukkiraar, koduththukOndiruppaar....

Cheers
&y
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaidy, you can post the letters we sent to the Central and State Govt here.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Our Letter to the President Reply with quote

Thank you Ram.

Dear Club Members,

Given below is a copy of the letter which I had sent to the President almost a year ago. The President's Press Secretary was kind enough to acknowledge receipt of this letter by e-mail, but what's the use, the same President's office has still not acknowledged the service rendered to the World of Music by MSV!

WHY ONLY BHARAT RATNA & NOTHING LESS OR ELSE FOR MSV!!!
(An appeal sent to the Office of the President of India, New Delhi)

PAGE-1

February 20, 2006

From

S. Vaidyanathan
Flat-2, Sapper Arcade
1, 1st Cross Street, Ramappa Nagar
Perungudi
Chennai 600 096.
PH: 2496 5432 / 98404 65633.
E – mail: vaidymsv@yahoo.com

To

His Excellency Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
President of India
Rashtrapathi Bhavan
New Delhi.

AN EARNEST APPEAL

Dear Mr. President,

First of all please accept our good wishes for a Healthy & Long Life and also for being one of the most outstanding Presidents of this great country. This is a letter about a person who was born in Kerala but has settled down in Chennai and has been a resident of Chennai for more than 6 decades. Since you happen to be the First Citizen of our country from our State, we thought you would be the right person to recommend awarding the highest civilian award - the “Bharath Ratna”, for his unparalleled contribution towards music.
Page - 2

In my humble opinion, Shri. MSV is the greatest Music Creator for, only he could create music, while the others could only direct music. This is how I respect him and distinguish him from others. The man I am referring to is none other than the Great MSV – Shri. M.S. Viswanathan. I have been born and brought up in Chennai and have been an obsessive listener of this Mellisai Mamannar as he is known, right from my 3rd standard days. I am very sure you also would have heard of this man or for that matter every Tamizh speaking person would know him for; it was he who along with the legendary Ramamurthy and Kannadasan made Tamizh film music reaches every nook & corner of the world.

The formidable combination of MSV, TKR & Kannadasan still stands as a testimony even now for what authentic melodious music is all about. If you spare a thought as to why music made 6 decades ago still remained afresh in every music lover’s heart - it is because of the formidable combination of soul stirring music and the most brilliant lyrics one could ever imagine and the meticulous the team work behind every such successful tune. I have also read a book authored by Mr. Rani Maindan about Shri. MSV, that narrates in detail as to how Shri. MSV persuaded his skills in music at a time when his family was living under utter penury and that imparting formal training on classical music was simply out of his reach and that it remained only a distant dream. What happened later and how MSV went on to master the music with all the sufferings he underwent at different stages of his childhood days is - History.

Now, after listening to his music for the past 35 years, I feel terribly upset and surprised that, here’s a man who has done so much of service to the music fraternity but an award like the Bharath Ratna is still eluding him! Shri. MSV is probably the only music wizard who’s composed for every emotional situation that mankind could go through in one’s life. He is not only multi lingual but multi religious too. I also strongly believe that Shri. MSV is a rarest of rare music gems ever produced by India and that an award of this kind will only reward the award in itself for, his knowledge in music and his capacity to unleash quality music even now at the age of 78 (I had been to many of his recordings in recent times) is infinite. I was also stunned by this man’s spontaneity to create tunes after tunes and not even one will ever have a similarity between them!!!

Page - 3

Though my childhood dream was to meet him, it became a reality (only after an impatient wait of almost 30 years) through a software engineer who’s based in the USA through whom I came to know Shri. MSV. I have met him several times since then and each time I talk to him, I feel so freshened up as he respects everybody irrespective of their age or their knowledge in music. He always tells me that one has to be a great listener and that listening takes priority over creating music for him. I also fall in the second category as I know only how to listen and appreciate as I have never imparted any formal training in music. In my 35 years of listening to MSV’s music, I have understood one simple fact – to appreciate MSV’s music, one need not be a literate in music!!!

I keep reading in the newspapers about various awards being given to achievers in different fields. What Shri. MSV has achieved in the last 60 years has been widely acknowledged not only by Classical music giants like Late.Shri. Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer, Bharat Rathna Late. Smt. M.S. Subbalakshmi, Late. Shri. Maharajapuam Santhanam but also by Shri. Naushad Ali – the all time Great genius from the Hindi film world whom Shri. MSV considers as his Mentor and Guru. South India’s greatest film finds- Sivaji & MGR became more popular with Shri. MSV’s immortal tunes.

The State Government’s Kalaimamani Award is the only award Shri. MSV has received. We wish to reiterate the fact here that “AN AWARD DELAYED IS AN AWARD DENIED”. I have also been reading about awards being given “posthumously” – Let us deviate from that ritual and reward an individual when he or she is very much alive. These are moments to be cherished not only for the person receiving the award but also for people like us around him. One also should not forget the fact here that, the Indian film industry has generated millions of rupees in revenue for the Government and Shri. MSV’s contribution as a Music Composer and Singer should never be forgotten, as there were days when movies ran just for his music.

Shri. MSV has composed music for a record breaking more than 1000 films which still and will ever remain unbeaten in the world. Shri. MSV has not only mesmorised millions of people across the world with his absolute melodies but has also created many musicians and singers who are still performing. Shri. MSV has also used maximum number of instruments in
Page - 4

his orchestra paving way for a new trend & dimension in Music Direction. Few of them whom I have spoken to and met with, say that he is an unparalleled music creator of this country. I am sure his rasikas across the world will be elated naturally if this appeal is considered and the Bharat Ratna awarded to MSV without any further delay. Our levels of expression after all through alphabets though, will not reach the stunning heights of musical God. But, unfortunately there is no degree beyond the superlative to describe the achievements of this Genius of a composer. This is an experience which ought to be experienced by one and cannot be measured in words or human action. Such is the level of mental quality of this person blessed by Goddess Sarawathi who always carries with him besides musical extravaganza of highest quality and melody, a sublime behaviour and one who just lives “HUMAN” day in and day out. Shri. MSV richly deserves only the Bharath Ratna and nothing less or else.

I really do not know as to how far I could create an impact or voice my opinion as an individual when it comes to awards. But you are one President who’s so near and dear to the people of this country and hence, I took the liberty to communicate directly to your office. If you feel that there are different forums to bring this up, then the least I could do is to take the credit for (thanks to the book authored by you) “Igniting the Minds” to reward Shri. MSV with Bharath Ratna. Though it is a Himalayan task to arrange for a massive signature campaign, I have managed to arrange for a few whom I know and who have a similar wave length as that of mine as far as MSV is concerned. Kindly, treat this as a representation from millions of Shri. MSV’s rasikas around the world and make our dream come true.

LONG LIVE SHRI. MSV!

RESPECTFULLY YOURS,

S. VAIDYANATHAN.
tvsankar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saradha,
Oru chinna disagree....

தேசிய விருது வாங்காத சிவாஜியை விட தேசிய விருது வாங்கிய 'விக்ரம்' சிறந்த நடிகர்... அப்படித்தானே..?!?!?!?!.

Ippodhavadhu oru thamizhanuku award koduthu irukangalae? Adhai konjam sindhiyungal.....

Andha Natkalil , MSV ai ninaika., support panna yarum illai. Adhu dhan unmai....

Adhai vittu vittu., Award vangiya Vikram ai yen kuriaya solreenga?

Vikram diserved for his Award.

Adhanal Sivaji deserve illai enru artham kidaiyadhu.

Unga varthai padi parthal,

Award vanginavanga ellam deserve illai enral,

Andha madhiri oru tharam illadha oru Award MSV ku venduma?

So,

Aduthavarai pazhipadhanal, matroruvar uyarvaga aga mudiyadhu Saradha..... Pl understand....

Oruvar - Avarudaiya Thanithanmaiku Award thara pada vendum.Idhu dhan THEVAI.

MSV - Avarudaiya saadhanaiku Angeekarika pattiruka vendum...Idhu dhan Nijam....
Ennudaiya karuthai purinju kolveergal enru ninaikiren.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Thank you Sharadha Reply with quote

Dear Sharadha,

Ennudaiya aadhangathai pramadhamaga veli pathuthi vittergal. Ethaithan naanum pala varudangalaga ninaithu kondirirukkiren. Neengal potta listil Jayalaltha & Karunanithiyayyum serthu kollungal. Ivargalum MSVn contributionai mutrilumaga purakkanithargal/marandhargal. Itharku ore kaaranam- msv is out of politics and politricks as he himself says. Arasiyal vathigal suya nalam piditha peygal, ivargal kannuku nallathu ehuvum theriyathu, kettadhu mattum theriyum, puriyum. Ivargal kaigalal MSV award vanguvatharku pathilaga, nam club members ellam sernthu oru musical programme nadathi avarukku perumai serkalam. This will not only benefit MSV but his Orchestra members also. Enna Members, neengal ellam readiya??? Let's do something at the earliest. Keep thinking possitively, it will happen.

Cheers
Vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points..... The Politicians (especially of Tamil Nadu) have failed to do their duties in this issue. This is something unpardonable !!!

At the same time, awards are JUJUBEES for MSV. He is of the opinion that "If I get am happy and if I dont, no worries". Let us also develop that mentality and continue doing whatever possible from our end!
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram wrote:
Good points..... The Politicians (especially of Tamil Nadu) have failed to do their duties in this issue. This is something unpardonable !!!

At the same time, awards are JUJUBEES for MSV. He is of the opinion that "If I get am happy and if I dont, no worries". Let us also develop that mentality and continue doing whatever possible from our end!

DEAR RAM,

WHEN DID YOU SEE A POLITICIAN TO DO HIS/HER DUTY?

A JOKE TO ENJOY IN THE FORUM.

SANKARANARAYANAN.
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Laughter the best medicine! Reply with quote

Dear Sankaran

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers
vaidy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Bulls Eye Sharadha! Reply with quote

Dear Sharadha,

Bulls Eye Sharadha, you have hit the nail at the right spot. Yes, a very great blunder on the part of MGR was not to have proposed MSV's name for any award that too when he was ruling at his peak with the Delhi politicians (include Karunanidhi & Jayalalitha also here). I think most of the people from TFW were absolutely selfish and are only bothered about their kith & kin and in the process totally ignored MSV. All these so called leaders can only talk big in "ethugai & monai"(and what not) but when it comes to an issue concerning MSV, there's no one. It is in this context I wish to reiterate that MSV has over the years earned good rasikas like all of us and this is what he considers as his biggest asset and he also openly admits that awards mean nothing to him in front of his rasikas. So there's nothing that is going to stop us from discussing his music in detail and this way all of us not only literally pay glorious tributes to him on a minute to minute basis b ut we are also keeping the hopes alive for millions of rasikas to know more about MSV through our writings on MSVTIMES.COM. Personally I am so annnnnnnnnnnnnoyyyyed
that nothing happended inspite of our efforts. One big consolation is that MSV is around with us and our thoughts and deeds will always be around him no matter, who scores music, who gets the awards. To us it's going to be a trivial issue discussing this non-starter. If at all the Government and the powers that be wakes up, then we would feel some sense at (least)last prevailed amongst them. Until then.................enna ore discussion than!! Go ahead members start music................I mean Our Master's Music!!!

Cheers
vaidy
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Recognition to MSV. Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy & Saradha,

I entirely agree with your views. In fact, I have already expressed my feelings on the same lines earlier in this forum. I have clearly said that even people like MGR & Sivaji, lifeline of whose movies was the mesmerizing music of MSV, never supported him and didn’t even care to appreciate his great work. In those days, these two stars were ruling the Tamil Film industry. When they themselves didn’t support him, one cannot expect the Film Chamber or some other similar body to have supported him. What a pity?

Vaidy, I have also said in another posting of mine regarding conducting a function at an appropriate time like the Master’s Birthday and conferring a fitting Award on MSV on behalf of MSV Times and his millions of Fans (not only in Tamil Nadu, not only in India, but the world over). In that I also said, we can contribute towards this cause, if necessary. I am sure you must have seen this.

By the way, hats off to you for drafting such an excellent letter to the President of India. Wonderfully written. You are absolutely correct. Even the current CM and the ex-CM are well aware of MSV’s great contribution to the Tamil Film Industry. For majority of JL’s movies the music has been scored by MSV. Even for the few movies acted by the current CM’s son, Mu.Ka.Muthu, the music was scored by MSV (Pillayo Pillai, Pookkari, Samayalkaaran, Anaiya Vilakku, etc).

Being a Tamilian, there is even no need for the President to read your letter so as to know the facts. He too, I am sure, must have enjoyed MSV’s music in those days. Why, he must be still enjoying the golden hits of MSV. But ………….. we can only release a “perumoochu”. It is most unfortunate that all your efforts have only become “sevidan kaadhil oodhiya sanghu”. Let the bloody Politicians go to Hell.

As MSV always say, the Fans’ appreciation, love & affection are the biggest Awards for him.

Luv,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: