"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE FLUTE KING IS NO MORE!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: THE FLUTE KING IS NO MORE!!!! Reply with quote

MEMBERS,

IT IS WITH PROFOUND GRIEF, THE CORE CREW OF MSV TIMES.COM ANNOUNCE THE SUDDEN DEMISE OF THE "KING OF FLUTE" NANJUNNDAIAH AFFECTIONATELY KNOWN AS "REDDIAR", ON 07.12.2008 MIDNIGHT.

WHAT MAKES US EVEN MORE SAD IS THE FUNCTION WE HAD ORGANISED TO HONOUR THIS GREATEST FLAUTIST OF THE CINE INDUSTRY WITH THE TITLE "KUYILISAI KUZHALON" ON THE 2ND ANNIVERSARY OF MSVTIMES.COM HELD A DAY BEFORE HIS DEMISE. SHRI. NANJUNDDAIAH COULD NOT ATTEND THE FUNCTION TO RECEIVE THE AWARD PERSONALLY OWING TO SEVERE ILLNESS. THE AWARD WAS HANDED OVER TO SHRI. MSV AT THE FUCTION TO BE HANDED OVER TO HIM LATER. AT THIS TIME SHRI. MSV MADE A TELEPHONIC CALL TO SHRI. REDDIAR FROM THE FUNCTION VENUE ITSELF AND SPOKE TO HIM AND INFORMED HIM THAT THE AWARD HAD BEEN GIVEN TO HIM. WITHIN A FLASH OF A MOMENT, SHRI. MSV CALLED ME AND INSISTED THAT I ACCOMPANY HIM AT ONCE TO GO TO SHRI. REDDIAR'S HOUSE TO PERSONALLY HAND OVER THE AWARD UNMINDFUL OF HIS OWN ILLNESS WITH WHICH HE CAME TO ATTEND THE FUCNTION. WE MET SHRI. REDDIAR AT HIS RESIDENCE AND HANDED OVER THE AWARD TO HIM AND SHRI.MSV WAS CLOSETED WITH HIM FOR 5 MINUTES. DURING OUR JOURNEY TO SHRI. REDDIAR'S HOUSE (LITTLE DID WE REALISE THAT, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR LAST MEETING WITH HIM) I DID REQUEST SHRI. MSV TO ABANDON THIS TRIP AS HE WAS ALSO VERY SICK. SHRI. MSV NOT ONLY TURNED DOWN MY APPEAL BUT INSISTED THAT WE MEET HIM AS THEY HAD WORKED TOGETHER FOR MORE THAN 5 DECADES AND THAT IT IS ONLY FAIR THAT HE MEETS HIM AND HAND OVER THE AWARD PERSONALLY. IMAGINE THE RESPECT AND ADMIRATION OUR LEGEND HAS FOR HIS CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MORNING SHRI. MSV IN A VERY DEPRESSED VOICE INFORMED ME ABOUT THE DEMISE OF SHRI. REDDIAR. IT IS REALLY SAD THAT I HAD TO BRING ABOUT THE LAST OF THE MEETINGS BETWEEN TWO OF THE GREATEST MUSICIANS WE HAVE KNOWN. THE PHOTOGRAPHS THAT I HAD TAKEN AT SHRI. REDDIAR'S HOUSE WILL SOON BE UPLOADED.

MSVTIMES.COM MOURNS THIS FLUTE LEGEND'S UNTIMELY DEMISE AND MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

VAIDYMSV
CORE CREW, MSVTIMES.COM

ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: demise of Nanjundaiah Reply with quote

It's terribly shocking to hear the sad news, VaidyMSV. As one among the audience, I was touched to see Mellisai Mannar thanking Nanjundaiah at the Auditorium through cell phone and appreciating his long association with Nanjundaiah. Every one of us was very eager to meet Nanjundaiah at the stage and felt moved when heard about his illness. Despite his ill-health, Mellisai Mannar travelled all the way to his house walking through all the bye-lanes where his car wouldn't go and handed over the momento to Nanjundaiah in person and we came to know this when Ramki announced this at the stage immediately. Though this is a sad moment in the demise of Nanjundaiah, the fact that msvtimes.com honoured him when he was alive is a great thing. And this is what we need to do to honor the legendary people when they are alive. And definitely the soul of Nanjundaiah would have attained peace in the fact that he was honoured by MM at his own residence.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw him once at academy in chennai last year and told the song of aval mella sirithal of pachai vilakku where i believe he played the flute .

he was so happy to receive the ack and his death is a loss to tfm

members please list out some of his songs so that we can those works

how master had taken this .

had it not been for the function even master or all of us except a few may be would not have been aware of his illness

baskar cs
S.SATHYAVAGEESWARAN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is shocking to hear the sudden demise of Shri.Nanjundaiah, the great flautist. He has worked with MSV for more than 5 decades and was the backbone in MSV"s Orchestra. He has played excellently well in many songs of MSV giving life to the songs. It is a great loss for Shri.MSV. and all of us.

I convey my heartfelt condolences to Shri.Nanjundaiah's family and also to MSV in this moment of grief.
Venkat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really shocking to hear this sad news.
May his soul rest in peace.
My heartfelt condolences to Shri.Nanjundaiah's family.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: How to Register? Shri Nanjappa Reddiar Reply with quote

Dear friends,
The turn of events on the late evening od 6-12-2008 the occasion of the second anniversary of MSV Times. com look quite astonishing. Looks as if the soul of Shri Naundiah was waiting to be recognized before its onward journey to the heavens. That such a thing came about atlast from our website family must have pacified the soul so much; to have received this small recognition at his very home and bed from none other than his respected master must have comforted Shri.Nanjudiah's heart and soul that providence felt it opprtune to take him to heavens , leaving all his admirers and loved ones including Shri MSV in deep anguish and grief. Yet, we have a small solace that we honoured him in a manner not available to many.
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Fellow MSVians

I am listening to the song Odam nadhiyiniley song as I type this reply.
When I returned to the forum after a gap, I started reading the thread about the second birthday celebration of our website with lot of gladness but before I finished the thread, I was filled with sorrow to learn about the sudden demise of the versatile flautist Shri Nanjundiah ( The HINDU article cited by Ram names him as Nanjappa Reddiar). It is indeed a great loss. May his soul rest in peace.
My eyes filled with tears when I read Mr. Vaidy's post - how our Master called him on the mobile from the dais and appreciated him. I became even more emotional to know that in spite of his own health problem, he insisted on visiting Mr.Reddiar and personally handing over the award. Mr.Reddiar's soul would certainly have attained peace as Professor Raman has aptly described. I would like to echo the sentiments of Mr. Raghavendran.

Sangeetha Saraswathy MSV is not only a musical genius but also a great human being full of compassion and humility. I am very proud and consider myself very blessed to call myself his devotee (fan is not an appropriate word anymore).
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. VAIDY
IT IS REALLY SAD TO HEAR Mr.NANJUNDAIAH REDDIYAR'S DEMISE.
BUT THOUGH HE HAS PASSED AWAY FROM US HE WILL STILL LIVE WITH US THROUGH MUSIC. 2 SONGS COMES TO MY MIND THE FLUTE PLAYED BY HIM. AVAL MELLA SIRITHAL (PACHAI VILLAKU) INTERLUDE, THE OTHER ONE THE PRELUDE IN KUMARI PENNIN ULLATHILE

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: