"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engirundho Vandhan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Engirundho Vandhan Reply with quote

Dear Fellow MSVians,

We all know that Mellisai Maamannargal MSV-TKR rejoined in 1995 and composed music for this film. Although the songs were all very good, I am not sure about the film's box office success. However, the songs from this film are seldom heard. In fact, I have been trying to get a link to down load this song for a while and have just succeeded.

MSV-TKR have lost none of their magic touch. SPB has rendered this song with aplomb.

I am not competent to analyse this but please listen to the song and judge for yourselves.

http://www.hummaa.com/music/album/24658/Engirundho%20Vandhan

I wish that the DUO would compose music for more films.

With regards
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr. DP

This was based on a malayalam movie , and was done decently .
the song SPB .," Engirintho vanthan -is an excellent no .

Unfortunately the film didnot fare well , and with no backing , the song also didnot click as much as it deserved .

i understood , sathyaraj , was instrumental , in making the re union , and insisted that , the DUo should rejoin for his movie .(being a MGR fan , he wanted his vathiyars MD for his movie too
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an excellent song from this film, 'nilave vaa, azhaikkuthu azhaikkuthu vaanam.' A beautiful melody. But I found the songs to conform to MSV style. I couldn't decipher the touch of V-R in the songs of this film. In a way, this was another MSV film though it came under the banner of V-R. This may be because,TKR had been inactive for a long time and might have lost some of his touch. Perhaps, if the duo had composed for a few more films, they would have recreated their magic of the 60's

P R Swami parthavi)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: