"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV in FlashBack - Indiaglitz.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Dear Ram Ram!

How can I thank you?

92 lovely photographs.

Mellisai Chakravarthy MSV looks very smart with his sun glasses. (has he had a recent cataract surgery or something ?). I like the photograph where he is with his better half - the two of them look very grand.

It is great to see Mellisai Mannar TKR, TMS, PBS, (Shankar)Ganesh, Vaalee, SPMuthuraman, Satyaraj, Rajesh, Vivek, SA Chandrasekar( I think ) and other personalities with our Musical Legend on one stage.

I sincerely hope that someone has recorded this programme and would soon release it as a DVD. These opportunities are once in a lifetime and should be recorded for posterity.

I find it emotionally satisfying to see our great MSV honoured and may long this continue.

Wishing you a Happy New Year,
Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Ram.
I missed the program. But after seeing this link, I felt like I had seen the program live.
Thanks a lot.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: How to Register? Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram and friends,
I just now saw the photos of the programme "MSV in flash back". I learn that he has had a cataract surgery and wears Sun Glasses. Well, but for the receding hairline and the greying, MSV is almost as he was in the days of KADHALIKKA NERAMILLAI. My reference to the movie is because, in AALIYAR movie location, MSV-TKR, ;Shanker] -Ganesh and Mr. Sadan were present and that photo appeared in "GeminiCinema". Photoo of the present MSV almost recalls those days. As his Music, he too stays fresh and brisk. May God bless him amply with whatever the legend needs. Thanks for the photos.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. RAM & ALL FREINDS,
I ATTENDED THIS PROGRAMME BUYING RS 250 TKT. I WANT TO SHARE ON TOUCHING INFORMATION ABOUT MSV.

MSV ALWAYS ENCOURAGES NEW COMPOSERS. THE BEST PROOF IS ME. I COMPOSED MY FIRST DEVOTIONAL ALBUM IN 1985. BEING A MSV VERIYAN I WANTED THAT MY DEVOTIONAL ALBUM HAS TO BE RELEASED BY MSV ONLY. I WAS NOT KNOWING MSV PERSONALLY AND I DID NOT EVEN LOOKED FOR ANY RECOMANDATION. MYSELF AND VIJAYAN MY FRIEND WHO WROTE THE LYRICS FOR THAT ALBUM WENT TO HIS HOUSE ONE MORNING AT 6.00 AM. AS THE MAIN GATE WAS LOCKED WE WERE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE GATE. 15 MIN WOULD HAVE PASSED BY, THEN SUDDENLY MSV APPEARED IN THE BALCONY AND SAW US. HE ASKED US IN SIGN LANGUAGE WHAT FOR WE WERE STANDING THERE. WE ALSO CONVEYED BACK IN THE SIGN LANGUAGE.

THEN HE CALLED US INSIDE. I INFORMED THE MATTER TO HIM AND THAT HE SHOULD COME AND BLESS US FOR THE ALBUM. I ALSO GAVE ONE COPY OF THE CASSETTE. HE TOLD THAT HE SHALL GET BACK TO US THE NEXT DAY. THE NEXT DAY HE COULD NOT CONFIRM AS HE WAS VERY BUSY. BUT THE NEXT DAY HE INFORMED US THAT HE WOULD COME.

IT ALL HAPPENED IN A MATTER OF FEW DATES. THE DREAM WHICH I WAS CARRYING EVER SINCE I STARTED COMPOSING 2 YEARS BEFORE THAT INCIDENT HAS HAPPENDED.

DURING THE FUNCTION HE TOLD THAT HE CAME TO THE FUNCTION AS HE ALWAYS WELCOMES NEW COMERS TO THE COMPOSING FIELD AND IT IS HIS DUTY TO ENCOURAGE THEM. HE SAID THAT WHAT MSV TODAY FROM THE MSV IN ILLUPULI VILLAGE ARE ALL BECAUSE OF MUSIC AND BY ENCOURAGING NEW COMERS IS ONE WAY OF GIVING THE GRATITUDE BACK TO MUSIC. WHAT A CARING SOUL MSV IS.

THE MATTER IS DURING THE FELICATION MEETING ON 21 DEC 2008 MSV REFERRRED TO Mr. SHANKAR OF 'SADAGA PARAVAIGAL' WHO RENDERED THE SONGS FOR THE FUNCTION AS THE SON OF THRIU ULUNDURPETTAI SHANMUGAM. HE TOLD Mr. SHANKAR THAT HE WAS VERY HAPPY ABOUT THE SONGS THEY PLAYED ON THAT DAY. BUT HE ALSO MADE A REQUEST TO HIM THAT IN FUTURE THEY SHOULD NOT ONLY SING CINEMA SONGS BUT ALSO COMPOSE ON THIER OWN ONE OR TWO BHARATHIYAR OR BHARATHDIDASAN SONGS AND THE SING IN THE STAGE. HE SAYS THAT THIS WILL MAKE THIER TALENT KNOWN TO THE WORLD.

I AM NOW RECALLING MY INCIDENT. 25 YEARS HAVE GONE BY, BUT MSV REMAINS THE SAME

FRIENDS,

I NEED ONE MORE INFO FROM YOU. I THINK ULLUNDURPETTAI SHANMUGAM IS THE ONE WHO PENNED THE SONG 'VINAYAGANE VINAI THEERPAVANE, AM I WRIGHT ? PL CLARIFY

REGARDS,

N Y MURALI
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mr murali

yes , he used to write a lot for Dr seergazhi govindarajan

if my memory is right -he also wrote madurai arasallum meenakshi
a famous song from tirumalai thenkumari (?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: