"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MEMBERSHIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: MEMBERSHIP Reply with quote

Dear Moderators,

I find about 160 pages of member list with an average of 50 members per page. Beyond the first 4 pages or so there are no contibutors by way of write-ups. Even within the first 4 pages a large number have 0 contibution in the colimn of postings made. Of what use is such membership except filling the members list. Many of them have over stayed since early stages with 2 full years + of inacitivity. After a detailed analysis of the relevance of all such cases kindly arrange to DELETE all who have no utility for the site.
Some members may not make postings but may be helping us in otherways like providing reference or public liason and the like. They need not be disturbed. But, for others please do what is needed for the site. Let it be clear that this is not the place for people who have nothing else. For browsing one need not be a member. I trust the issue should addressed in all seriousness.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
S.SATHYAVAGEESWARAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor Sir,

I saw your note suggesting to delete membership of those who are inactive by way of not giving any write-up or communication. May I request the moderators to advise the members clearly what is expected of them. It is also my suggestion that periodical meet, atleast once in six months, of the members may be arranged for better understanding and interaction. A nominal annual membership fee could also be thought of, towards the club fund which could be utilised suitably for events concerning MSV.

Best Regards,

S.Sathyavageeswaran
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: MEMBERSHIP Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I have not suggested deletion merely on the basis of postings. For, I know there are people who do not have internet facility , but are ardent admirers of MSV. My observation is , even after 2 years of entry, it is hard to believe that they require being told of what is expected of them . At the same time I have just drawn the attention of the moderators to examine what needs to be done. If we see page no.5 and above of the memberlist, the very names appear unfamiliar hinting the remote posibility of their knowing the name and purpose of THIS SITE.
AS REGARDS MEMBERSHIP FEE AND MEETING SCHEDULES, THE CORE CREW HAS TO CONSIDER ALL DETAILS. CERTAINLY MY INTENTION WAS TO TAKE NOTE OF THOSE WHO JUST REGISTER FOR THE FUN OF IT.
I hope I have made my stand clear.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any group, there will always a big chunk of inactive members - often constituting an overwhelming majority. In several clubs with memberships in hundreds, not more than 20 or 30 people will attend the monthly/quarterly meetings, even though they would have paid the membership fees. It is my humble opinion that inactive members may be left alone. We need the numbers. Moreover, if everyone starts posting, reading all the postings will become an impossible task (just as if all members of a club were to attend meetings, the meeting hall will not accommodate them!) So, I think it is in the nature of things that in any group, a vast majority will be inactive - at best silent spectators.

Perhaps, we may stipulate that if a member does not post at least once in a calendar year, the membership will be automatically terminated. But, I wonder, what purpose will such a provision serve.

Anyway, it is for the members at the higher ranks (who have reached these positions by virtue of being active) to decide on this.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,
WHATEVER THE SITUATION MAY BE BUT IF YOU SEE THE MEMBERLIST IT CONSISTS OF SOME NAMES CONSISTS OF ARTIFICIAL NAMES WITH VER BAD WORDS. THESE THINGS NEEDS TO BE DELETED. THERE IS ANOTHER THING WE COULD DE IS TO ENROLL MEMBERS BASED ON REQUEST FROM EXSITING MEMEBRS. AND THERE COULD BE A POINTS SYSTEM WHERE A MEMBER IS RECOGANISED BY HIS NO INTRODUCTION OF MSV RASIKAS TRO THE SITE.

N Y MURALI
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Thanks for the reminder Reply with quote

Dear Professor and all!
This has been a good wake up call indeed! An ardent fan of Mellisai Mannar like me, feels mostly overwhelmed at the ocean of information and news concerning MSV! It has always been my cup of woe that even if I wish to comment or add little bits of appreciation, I end up reading and only admiring the various topics of discussion, pictures, etc., and always forget to add my thoughts. In fact, given the volumes of information already piled up, I feel guilty not able to complete reading them all??!! Therefore, I (on behalf of people down the ladder-I mean still reading the initial pages) sincerely apologize for not contributing thus far. As another member has rightly pointed out, there is still a mountain to read for this lifetime about this phenomenon called MSV!
I have a question..how does one start a new topic, in case if I feel to? Is there any criteria to fulfil in order to start a topic? Please answer.
Regards to all,
Dr. G. Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: How to Register? Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sai Saravanan,
Just now , I saw your posting in response to one of my earlier postings on dormant members. You have nearly heaved a sigh of overwhelmed feeling from the volume of postings already at the site and the variety of ideas they carry. This is all the more the reason for us to 'start' so that, we do not harbour the thought of back logs.

About, "where to start", I am reminded of the situation in a typical wedding feast [ I mean the traditional one where you are comfortably seated opposite a full head banaa leaf on to which there is a near unabated sequence of delivering of items. MSV has already served all delicacies for us to load ourselves with in pleasure and delight. It is now for us to start with something, with no specific guidelines on which should be consumed after what, except for the rice items that have a prescription.

For opening a topic, there are no rules nor there are any stipulations. On the lead page locate the various threads and identify the one that would be the most appropriate for your intended topic. Just post your perceptions there and wait for others to contribute. Sometimes, people may merely read and may not respond. Never mind. Any delicacy that enthralls us, is for us to enjoy.What we enjoy, we try to share.
So, please start on something that has some attraction for you. The older item the better it is, because the whole mission is to bringout the grandeur of MSV far ahead of his times unmindful of the limitations of single'mikes' for recordings and the inherent difficulties that go with any "live" orchestration.
The thought "where to begin" has no end either. So, better late than never; be sure that there are fellow MSVian's to share the delight. Just open out and enjoy the affection from all of us.
GOOD LUCK. MAY GOD BLESS YOU

WITH WARM REGARDS. Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a humble suggestion for all of the participant in this forum. Ever since I participated in this forum I had been writing articles mostly under new topic. But quickly I understood that I should also read other's posting and make reply which would first of all a recongnitions to them and the second appreciating them so that whey would be encuraged to write more. There are problems of course. Take my case for example. In my family we all four myself, my wife, my son and my daughter use the computer extensively and hence to get time for each had to rationed. So withthin thise time we have to do 3 things. One to read all the existing topic, two as far as possible few lines of reply whatever the case my be in agrrement or disagreement anf three to write new topics. The third option need not be a compulsion. I have to admit here that still I have not read many of the postings writtn by many. So it need a planned usuage of the avilable internet time. We can use the online time to see the posting and if it is a large posting may be save it in a folder and read leisurely during offline. The reply can also be made off line in a MS word formatt and later can be copied and pasted in the site online which can save internet usuage time. In fact I write my new posting which are always large running in to pages first in a word format and then copy and paste during
online.

I also feel we could demostarte how to use, see, reply, create new poting etc in a meeting which can be organised once in 6 months. I myself was not aware of these things and learnt it from my son. So how many people would be having guidance in thier home.
we can help.

regards,

N Y MURALI

Last edited by N Y MURALI on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N Y MURALI wrote:
I have a humble suggestion for all of the participants in this forum. Ever since I participated in this forum I had been writing articles mostly under new topic. But quickly I understood that I should also read other's posting and make reply which would first of all a recongnitions to them and the second appreciating them so that whey would be encuraged to write more. There are problems of course. Take my case for example. In my family we all four myself, my wife, my son and my daughter use the computer extensively and hence to get time for each had to rationed. So withthin thise time we have to do 3 things. One to read all the existing topic, two as far as possible few lines of reply whatever the case my be in agrrement or disagreement anf three to write new topics. The third option need not be a compulsion. I have to admit here that still I have not read many of the postings writtn by many. So it need a planned usuage of the avilable internet time. We can use the online time to see the posting and if it is a large posting may be save it in a folder and read leisurely during offline. The reply can also be made off line in a MS word formatt and later can be copied and pasted in the site online which can save internet usuage time. In fact I write my new posting which are always large running in to pages first in a word format and then copy and paste during
online.

I also feel we could demostarte how to use, see, reply, create new poting etc in a meeting which can be organised once in 6 months. I myself was not aware of these things and learnt it from my son. So how many people would be having guidance in thier home.
we can help.

regards,

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: