"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pending Honors for MSV!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

i did watch only till our MM spoke after that i left for office .

while i appreciate what mr AVM saravanan said - i cannot believe being a leading personality in film world , he realises this only now , and he talks as if he cannot do a thing about this .all big d ...a

like our MM said , evry tamizhan who has good pair of ears will put M M on a pedestal.. any award now would be only mockery . and let us pray he does not get any thing less than bharat ratna , otherwise its diegrace

by the by has he been conferrred atleast kalaimamani ?????
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ram

for the info
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I too echo the views expressed by Mr.Vijayakrishnan. Indeed no award less than a Bharat Ratna (I am not emotional on this issue) would befit MM. Honestly! Or, let no one give any award at all. It would be a disgrace to belittle him to do that by bestowing a small unknown award on him!

But, when was he given Kalaimamani? Mr.Ram, can you remember and tell us all, please? Who gave it to him?

Sai Saravanan
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kalaimaamani award was given to MSV in the early seventies during MK's first regime. This is what I remember but I am not sure. But Kalaimaamani is routinely awarded to almost all cine/theater artistes that it has lost its sheen. But let us not bother about rewards which are subjective at the best and manipulated at the worst. Mahatma Gandhi was not awarded Bharat Ratna but he remains the Mahatma. MSV will remain the Mellisai Mannar. I think people will unconsciously know whether a title is deserved, when they refer to a person by his/her title. When we say 'Kavichakravarthy' Kamban, 'Kaviyarasar' Kannadasan, 'Mellisai Mannar' MSV, 'Nadigar Thilagam' Sivaji etc., we have a subliminal feeling that we mean what we say. This may not happen when we mention other names with titles. SP Muthuraman said in Endrum MSV, 'ivar ulagaththileye sirandha Mellisai Mannar.' He was not satisfied with calling him 'Mellisai Mannar' and wanted to expand and extend the title. Considering the fact that SPM has worked with several MDs (he has done only a few films with MSV) and the emotional way in which he said this, his assertion carries authenticity and weight.. These kinds of sincere appreciation and recognition from people in the know of things are more valuable than awards bestowed by a committee of members with prejudices and vested interests.

Having said that, I would like to express my strong wish.
Mr. Chakravarthy had mentioned in one of his postings that he wished that Boyle (the Director of Slumdog Millionaire) would meet MSV. This may or may not happen. But we should find some way to bring the music of MSV to the notice of international connoisseurs. If it happens and some of them appreciate his creations, then (only) India will care to look at him. Mr.Thumba Sekar said that several Hindi Music Directors have taken interest in MSV and watched his composing. But except one or two like Naushad Ali, others have not expressed their appreciation openly. If they had done so, it would have received attention. We, as a nation have a habit of recognizing our treasures (whether it is the Vedas, Sanskrit language or our cultural tradition) only after it is appreciated by a foreigner.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Tamil film history Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Despite our clear percepttion that MSV is far above all awards of human conception, we feel that this grand composer has not been recognized the way he should have been. In this context, a reference to Mr.Thumba Sekar's observation shows, the interest evinced in MM MSV by several Hindi MDs and that it was only Naushad who came out in open apreciation of MM's prowess as a composer. THIS REFERENCE IS A PERTINENT POINTER TO UNDERSTAND HUMAN BEHAVIOUR. Only those who are confident of sustaining on their own, make clear their opinion on MSV for, they are sure of being on the market with their trade. Others are honestly bewildered of the range and repertoire of MM MSV and deem it safe not to kndle the public gaze on him purely as an act of 'self protection of market' precluding the scope for any producer / media to have a relook at MSV. This has been the way things are going on in TV telecasts where lyricists, singers, actors participate and these inconfident people try to keep all others in good humour on the surmise of 'patronage' from such current crop of MDs whom they believe tobe in limelight. This behaviour is not peculiar to a specific wing. Even producers put on innocence when any referenceto MM MSV is a logical corollary. But people like us who have no axe to grind should make it a point not to refer to any other person who has no value for MSV when appreciation of compositions receive attention. Let us be proudly genuine fans of an honest composer.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly most of the shows are done by young people alike and they have accesss only to songs of 80's onwards and for them tamil cinema started only after 1978 and these so called judges and guests think they will be outdated and obsolete if they speak abt MM or any other fil musicians .

we have to undergo this trauma and in the current of time those old melodies of 50's, 60's will stay back as i am sure that already they have got time tested for more almost half of century .
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Very few people have used Cinema for exposing their talent irrespestive of whether the subject or their carrer being commercially viable. Mr. Sivaji is the only person in Tamil Film Industry to have used to showcase whatever he had in acting. Mr.Kamal is another person who tries new things. Kannadasan is the one who handled many subjects that encompasses every human life.

In that sense MM MSV is the one in Cine Music. The other music directors have used their talent as an enterprise. Like a true businessmen they set tagerts in terms of money and recognition and set their action in line with that not bothering about their potential.

But MM never ever approached the industry liek that. For him this is only his expression that happens to him never bothering about the prise.

I want to add one more list to Mr. Parthavi which is about Mahakavi Bharathi. The fact that Bharathi was not recoganised in his life time. Hardly few people attended his funeral.

People understood Bharathi only after 20 years after his death.

Regards,

N Y MURALI
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

i agree most of Mds know how to showcase the little they have -(i repeat most of -) by using lobbying methods. at the same time let us agree our MSV is very poor in it . even when good platform is set , he is not able utilise that - some people are good only at a few things , for MSv its only MUSIC . let me add had KD been alive .he would have really showcased MSV. all the rest , who ruled , ruling , never bothered to recognise MSV .
think we stop with this , as there is another thread , on recog to msv , there we will continue

with our wishes to Rahman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: