"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ENDRUM MSV - A REAL DIMENSION
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: ENDRUM MSV - A REAL DIMENSION Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS,

The world is not full of thankless sycophants and
There are honest ones around.

These are the words of my response to yester night's [22-03-09] programme - Endrum MSV with CV Rajendran as the special invitee. Like all of oyu, I too have been watching the episodes for the sheer beauty of those compositions; but,last night it achieved a different dimension altogether with CVR making the best of the occasion to authentically zoom all the credentials of MSV as the grand composer. Songs are too well known to be reviewed here and it is not my domain either in the present scenario. I prefer to avail of the occasion for a character study of persons involved. Unlike many others of the same industry, CVR stood taller by his objectivity and uncontaminated honesty of sentiments. At the beginning of the show the song 'aagaya pandhalilE' greeted us and CVR went through his emotional bondage much like a child. He made 2 observations that TN was blessed with the actor-talent Sivaji Ganesan and Music-talent in MSV. He just did not mince words as he was emphatic borne by authenticity putting to shame all sycophants in one stroke. He grew taller when he said 'I have not been able to picturise the song 'aagaya pandhalile' in a manner befitting the rich composition of MSV'. HE RIGHT AWAY DISMISSED ALL HYPE and said NONE except MSV can churn out as many as 25 tunes in just less than an hour- all different and each enjoyably fresh.He further stated rather authoritatively that none can think of such a variety from any one else and he made it effective as he said that MSV would do it for a single lyric. As a corroboration he recalled how CV Sridar placed severe demand on MSV for the 'nenjam marappadhillai song and said 'at one stage we pitied MSV for the unrelenting demands of CVS; but, MSV scored the all-time victory by that immortal tune. CVR further said all songs of MSV would stay alive and pleasant for 10 generations + and even after 50 years from now would hold the same prowess of clutching the listener.
Speaking of 'tune for lyric' CVR said MSV is master unparalled and elicited to know how MSV pitches on the marvelous ensemble as exemplified by the 'panjavarnakkiLi' song 'thamizhukkum amudhendru paer'. MSV after a brief replay of the song said 'the verbal beauty lends itself for a vaiety of tuning as he sung the same phrase in modulated variants. Songs of the movies "RAJA" and "Kadhalikka neramillai" were played at the behest of CVR. Referring "Sivakamiyin selvan" songs CVR said MSV had outclassed the efforts of SD Burman in "aaradhana" and said the movie did not succeeed and our efforts [MSV / CVR] proved a waste and said 'it revealed the futility of remakes of hugely popular subjects. What makes the whole piece distinct was the way CVR enjoyed the event.As the songs were being played CVR CLOSED HIS EYES DEEPLY ENGROSEED IN THE SUBJECT AND HIS BODY LANGUAGE OF EMOTIVE NODS OF CONCURRENCE REVEALED 2 THINGS.

1. CVR was relieving himself of any stress

2 He was re-living the moments of glory floating in an ocean of nostalgia- an act that recharges the mind and soul alike. The episode sent out the message
"ENJOY YOURSELF SPEAKING THE TRUTH" as long as you wish.

This assumes greater validity of relevance because many others bury the truth just to satisfy someone for a pittance.

Thank you CVR for your honest objectivity on behalf of all lovers of genuine composition.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent feedback, Professor, on the CVR's show of ENDRUM MSV !
This was indeed a different episode, with a person speaking just the truth from the bottom of his heart !!

Nice presentation.

I request you to post your comments on each of the episode everyweek just after it is over. It will be document for enjoyment for ever.

Ramki
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: ENRUM PROFESSOR RAMAN Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman,

I wasn't as fortunate as you because I tuned in late and missed all the best parts. Nevertheless, I felt as if I have watched this episode in total as your narration of the entire series featuring CVR has really outclassed the episode itself. Thank you Prof. Raman for your music provoking inputs on Enrum MSV!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Baskar CS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who has the courtesy of being truthful though simple it is to be
but cvr did it and it is the gratitude of him to be so as many of his works were crowned by the music of mm .
one thing is sure . no one today will ever speak bad about mm on any account and to attain that state of life waht mm did was being truthful and humble to this date
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans Reply with quote

Dear Mr Bhaskar, CS
It is just not 'no one can say anything bad about MM'. But, it is the covert attitude of certain people to rob MSV of his splendour by a pretention, making an inappropriate eulogy of someone else saying " but for him there were no western style composition or no folk music in the history of TFM". It is such calculated projections that hurt our sentiments because in a single effort of disproportinate adoration of lesser mortals at the cost of a grand performer as MM, they also distort history especially in the minds of younger generation. If we look at such statements, apparently nothing bad about MSV is said, but there is a silent screen that shields MSV from being remembered. That is where people like CVRajendran deserve being vociferously appreciated.
I trust the reading is clear.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor Sir,
I do not know what channel broadcast was this! I could not see CVR's interview either. But, I could feel and live through the interview by reading your writings!
"It is just not 'no one can say anything bad about MM'. But, it is the covert attitude of certain people to rob MSV of his splendour by a pretention, making an inappropriate eulogy of someone else saying " but for him there were no western style composition or no folk music in the history of TFM". It is such calculated projections that hurt our sentiments because in a single effort of disproportinate adoration of lesser mortals at the cost of a grand performer as MM, they also distort history especially in the minds of younger generation. If we look at such statements, apparently nothing bad about MSV is said, but there is a silent screen that shields MSV from being remembered. That is where people like CVRajendran deserve being vociferously appreciated.
I trust the reading is clear.
"

How true!! Thanks Sir!
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear sai saravanan

its a telecast by MEGA TV on sundays at 8 pm , re telecast on saturdays at 8 pm , and again i think on friday around 1 (i am not sure of timing )

so bhaskar you still have time to catch .
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched with interest the programme ‘Endrum MSV’ in which CVR is the special guest. In fact for the past few weeks I noticed MSV was not able to share more information as he could have forgotten many incidents. Mr. Aadavan should invite such personalities like Mr. CSVR in order extract more information. There was an information shared by him which is that the song ‘Aagaya Pandalile’ was originally composed for the movie ‘Veettukku Veedu’ but since that tune was not appropriate for the movie they dicided to use it for a different movie. CVR further mentioned the name for the movie ‘Ponnonjal’ was inspired by the lyric ‘Ponnonjal Aadudhamma’.

Regards,

N Y MURALI
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more information. Before this song was played MM sung the starting of the song in a slightly different was by extending the word ‘Aagaaya’. Mr. Aadavan asked MM why he changed the tune from the original one. MM mentioned that the word line could have been further extended as it would have clearly made us feel the distance of the ‘Aagayam’ and he felt he was not satisfied with the original. This shows how MM view the feeling for each word and how it should be musically expressed.

Regards,

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

இன்றைய என்றும் எம் எஸ் வி 'அமுத கானமா'க மலர்ந்தது. மெட்ராஸ் நல்ல மெட்ராஸில் துவங்கியது இசை மழை. அடுத்து 'புதிய பறவை'யாய்ப் பறந்து வந்தது 'சிட்டுக்குருவி.' கேட்கும்போதே நாம் வானத்தில் பறந்து போவது போல் உணரச்செய்யும் இப்பாடல் நான் இறக்கும்போது என்னுடன் எடுத்துச் செல்ல விரும்பும் ஒரு பாடல்! பாடல் முடிந்த்தும், தொகுப்பாளர், 'இது நீங்கள் திரு டி கே ராமமூர்த்தியுடன் இணைந்து கொடுத்த பாடல்...' என்று துவங்கியபோதே, 'ஆமாம், ஆமாம்' என்று பலமாகத் தலையை ஆட்டியபடியே கை கூப்பினார் நம்மவர். பெருந்தன்மை, மற்றவர்களின் பங்களிப்பை நன்றியுடன் ஏற்றுக்கொள்வது போன்ற விஷயங்களில் ஒரு மாமன்னராகத் திகழ்கிறார் நாம் நினைத்துப் பெருமைப்படக் கூடிய நம் நாயகர். (சென்ற வாரம், 'குழலூதும் கண்ணனுக்கு' பாடலைப் பற்றி குறிப்பிடும்போது, 'இந்தப் பாட்டுக்கு மெட்டமைத்தவர் இளைய ராஜாதான். நான் சில 'டச் அப்'கள்தான் செய்தேன். மற்ற எல்லாப்பாடல்களுக்கும் நாங்கள் இருவரும் சேர்ந்துதான் இசை அமைத்தோம்' என்றார். 'இந்தப் பாடலை விட நீங்கள் இதைச் சொன்னது இன்னும் அழகு' என்றார் சளைக்காத தொகுப்பாளர் ஆதவன்.)

சிட்டுக்குருவியைத் தொடர்ந்து, தொகுப்பாளர் ஆதவன் அடுத்த பாடலாகத் தான் விரும்பியதைக் கேட்டார். "சில வாரங்களுக்கு முன்னால், இஸ்லாமியப்பாடல்களை இவ்வளவு சிறப்பாகப் போடுகிறீர்களே அது எப்படி - அதுவும், நெற்றி நிரைய விபூதியும் குங்குமமும் பூசிக்கொண்டு என்று கேட்டேன். அதில் ஒரு சிறிய மாற்றம். இஸ்லாமியப் பாடல்களை மட்டும் அல்ல, எந்தமதப் பாடல்களாக இருந்தாலும் சரி அல்லது எந்த விஷயமாக இருந்தலும் சரி, அதை நீங்கள் அர்ப்பணத்தோடுதான் செய்கிறீர்கள்" என்ற பீடிகையுடன் அவர் கேட்ட பாடல், 'தேவனே என்னைப் பாருங்கள்' பாடலை கோவை முரளி சிறப்பாகப் பாடினார். இந்தப் பாடல் முடிந்ததும் கவிஞர் 'ஏசு காவியம்' எழுதியதைப் பற்றிக் குறிப்பிட்ட மெல்லிசை மன்னர், அதற்கு எம் எஸ் விதான் இசை அமைக்க வேண்டும் என்று கவிஞர் உறுதியாகத் தெரிவித்ததையும், ஆனால் அதற்கு இசை அமைத்து முடிக்கும்போது கவிஞர் இவ்வுலகில் இல்லை என்றும் குறிப்பிட்டபோது எம் எஸ் வியின் கண்கள் கலங்கிக் குரலும் தழுதழுத்தது. கவிஞர் மறைந்து 20,25 ஆண்டுகள் ஆன பிறகும், கவிஞரின் மறைவின் வலியை இன்னும் கவிஞரின் உண்மையான நண்பரால் மறக்க முடியவில்லை. ஆதவனின் கண்களும் கலங்கி விட்டன!

அடுத்து வந்தது தொட்டால் பூ மலரும். 'வாலியின் பாடல்களை எம் எஸ் வியின் இசையில் கண்ணை மூடிக் கொண்டு கேட்டால் அது ஒரு தனி சுகம்' என்றார் ஆதவன். இந்தப் பாட்டுக்கு மிகக் குறைந்த இசைக்கருவிகளையே பயன்படுத்தியதாக மெல்லிசை மன்னர் நினைவு கூர, கை தட்டலை அதிகமாக, அதிலும் விதம் விதமாகப் பயன்படுத்தியிருப்பதாக ஆதவன் சுட்டிக் காட்டினார்.

அடுத்து வந்தது 'காலங்களில் அவள் வசந்தம்.' ஜெமினிக்கு வழக்கமாக ஏ எம் ராஜாதான் குரல் கொடுப்பார் என்பதால் பி பி எஸ் பாடுவதற்கு ஆரம்பத்தில் ஏ வி எம் செட்டியார் தயக்கம் காடியதையும், ஒரு பாடலை யார் பாட வேண்டும் என்ற விஷயத்தில் தான் எப்போதும் உறுதியாக இருந்து வந்திருப்பதையும் எம் எஸ் வி தெரிவித்தார்.

நிகழ்ச்சியின் இறுதிப் பாடல், 'மீனவ நண்பனி'ல் வரும் 'பட்டத்து ராஜாவும் பட்டாள சிப்பாயும் ஒன்றான காலம் இது.' பாடல் முடிந்ததும், இந்தப் பாடலைப் பதிவு செய்ததின் பின்னணியைப் பற்றி ஆதவன் கேட்க, மெல்லிசை மன்னர் ஒரு அதிர்ச்சியான பதிலைச் சொன்னார்.' இந்தப் பாடலைப் போட்ட ஞாபகமே எனக்கு இல்லை. இதை நான் தான் போட்டேன என்பதைக் கூட என்னால் சொல்ல முடியவில்லை!"

ஆகஸ்டு 5 ஆம் தேதி சென்னையில் நடந்த பாராட்டு விழாவில் பேசிய கமல், 'காதலா காதலா' படப் பிடிப்பின் இடைவேளைகளில் தான் சில பாடல்களைப் பாடி அதற்கு யார் இசை அமைத்தார்கள் என்று எம் எஸ் வியிடம் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்தபோதுபோது, அவர் போட்ட சில பாடல்களையே, 'இது யார் இசை அமைத்த பாடல்?' என்று எம் எஸ் வி கேட்டதாகக் குறிப்பிட்டதை நண்பர் சிவகுமார் விவரித்திருந்ததுதான் என் நினைவுக்கு வந்தது. இன்னொன்றும் நினைவுக்கு வந்தது. ஒரு முறை, கவிக்குயில் சரோஜினி தேவி மகாத்மா காந்தியிடம், 'இறைவன் ஏழைகளிடம் ரொட்டி வடிவத்தில் வருவான். இதைச் சொன்னது யார்? என்று கேட்டாராம். அதற்கு காந்திஜி, "தெரியவில்லை. ஆனால் அவர் ஒரு அறிஞராகத்தான் இருக்க வேண்டும்" என்றாராம். சரோஜினி தேவி சிரித்துக்கொண்டே," பாபுஜி, இதைச் சொன்னது நீங்கள்தான்' என்றாராம். மேதைகள் மற்றும் மேலோர்களின் இயல்பு போலும் இது!
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Rengaswamy,

As Sivakumar has acknowledged, many, many thanks to you for the complete details of the "Enrum MSV" episode of 9th Aug. I shall be grateful if you could continue to give us similar accounts of each episode of "Enrum MSV", as "Bakthans" like me of the "Isai Mahatma", who are located outside Tamil Nadu, are not getting the Mega TV channel and are not in a position to watch and enjoy this great programme.

Regards,

Venu Soundar,
Mumbai.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu Soundar,

I will try to convey my impressions of this program every now and then, if not every week. This program is telecast every Sunday at 8 to 9 pm. It is repeated the next Saturday. The 9th Aug episode of which I shared my impressions will be retelecast on 15th at 8 pm. There is also another retelecast on Friday night at 8 pm. This has a lag of 4 or 5 weeks. I would have liked to watch some of the episodes I had missed but due to the demand of TV time by other members of my family, I have not been able to watch all episodes. Sometimes I am not home. As Prof Raman had earlier mentioned, the quality of orchestra in this program is excellent. In most of the programs, where film songs are sung, the orchestra is unable to reproduce even 50% of the orchestral beauty of old songs. In this program, even with a limited number of instruments, the orchestral reproduction is near perfect, thanks to the fact that the players have been with MSV for a long time.

But one shortcoming of this program is that MSV has not been able to say much about how a song was conceptualised and created, except for the standard remark that it was all team work and giving the entire credit to the director, the lyricist and the singers. I think the compere should call people who had worked with MSV and extract the credit due to the mastero. So far he has invited only PBS, AL Raghavan, SP Muthuraman and CV Rajendran (to the extent I have seen). I don't know whether others are too busy or are not willing to come forward. At least he should utilize the services of people like YGM and Sivakumar, the latter being a storehouse of information on old films, songs and other details. Perhaps, TK Ramamurthy may be able to recall a lot and contribute some interesting details. Someone from our group can approach Mega TV or the compere AAthavan, who is sincere in his admiration for MSV and has been doing his best to project the greatness of MSV, in spite of MSV's self-effacing statements, with these suggestions. Otherwise, this program may become one of just playing MSV's film songs, with some routine talk about the film and the song situation.

I would also request the core group to find out the possibility of getting the videos and uploading them in our site, though the channel's commercial interests may pose a problem.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans - Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Parthavi, 'ON ENDRUM MSV'
It is a well placed suggestion of yours to bring closer associates of MSV to share the memories of how songs were composed. Honestly, Mr Adhavan is doing his very best to pull MSV out of his shell. Unfortunately, MSV does not attach any importance to his own feats. Instead, he merely says it was the Director's inspiration and team work. Despite his age and unquestionable prowess on ideas in composition, he chooses to shift credits to others. MSV must recognize that people are not seeking him to blow his trumpet. If he shares the critical points at least when asked to, it will certainly be a pointer to the rest of the world. With the genius shrinking within, has indirectly helped manipulators project themselves with claims of creating novelties in TFM. With the genuine achiever preferring anonymity, half baked and incompetent ones use the media to disproportinately launch claims of superiority and ownership. Most MSV fans are aware of these; but what matters is, posterity should not be misled by planned / orchestrated adorations emboldened by the fact that MSV would never issue a rejoinder even for blatant lies. What is more painful is , on public occasions MSV does not permit his being praised; he rather cuts the person short and pressurises the person to fold up. Whether MSV is a party to the spread of falsehood or not , he has helped the wromg doers by suppressing the emotions of his own well wishers. Only Divinity should work on MSV's mind to make him realize that his reticence is a virtue but he should passively watch public sentiments being aired by admirers for their 'soul satisfaction' with no motives of any kind. If it happens at the earliest it would for the good of truth itself. Thank you for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The best way to make important personalities, who were closely associated with MSV, to speak out freely and shower accolades on the Master (without his intervention) is to interview them separately and air it during the programme. MSV should be made to watch it too. Of course, at the end He will certainly come out with His usual comments “naan ivvalavu pugazhchikku arugathai atravan; indha paadalgaloda vetri-kku main kaaranam Team Work, Directors, Actors and every one involved in the movie…….”.

Apart from the personalities showering praises on the greatness of the Master, this will help in bringing out many unknown facts and interesting happenings during the recording of a particular song. The personalities should include M/s TKR, A C Tirilokachander, P Madhavan, K Balachandar, Muktha Srinivasan, Vietnam Veedu Sundaram, Gopu, Sivakumar, Kamal, YGM, TMS, P Suseela, PBS, SPB, KJY, S Janaki, Vani Jayaram and many others.

Regards,

Venu Soundar,
Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: