"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VaaNi Jayaram breaks the hoodoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: VaaNi Jayaram breaks the hoodoo Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
VJ's episode-II of Thirumbipaarkkiraen could as well be called 'Nimirndhu nirkkiraen', for, she narrarated every critical spot of her life with due delight and high gratitude to everyone who made her what she is now. Interestingly, despite her innumerable skills, her life opened up after her wedding and with genuine pride she recalled her in-laws' role in this. She offered a couple of lessons to her so-called Seniors. I mean her knack of planting her ideas , keeping the editors baffled and helpless. See how elegantly she touched upon MSV through every opportunity. Even as she spoke about her first song for TF through SMSubbiah Naidu, she paraphrased the statement to say thus: I had a call from theGuru of giant composer MSV-Whom I respect the most, Shri.SMS Naidu. Later she delightfully explained of her I piece with MSV 'malligai en mannan mayangum' and said near Gemini fly over there were wall posters then ionviting the audience to enjoy the 'malligai' song by seeing the movie. She recalled that the song rattled music lovers across the country and North Indian composers and fans used to talk"VaaNi ji has rendered a Tamil song on Jasmine flower, that is such a super hit". She quickly recalled the number '7 swarangaLukkuL eththanai pAdal' and went about touching on MSV.The song was recorde in AVM -RR theatre She said "I am punctual. If called for a recording at 9.00am ,I would be there at 8.55 am.But MSV would be there even ahead. Those days several rehearsals with the orchestra were done. MSV used to be very specific about 'how much to stress' a leeter or word. She sang the lines " pAdhai vaguththa pin bayandhenna lAbam
payaNam nadaththi vidu maraindhidum pAvam" and modulated the second line twice in different styles. The most interesting narration was her observation that every lyrical word should be given the just stress [nyAya mAna azhuththam] and MSV would say 'anyAyamA azhuththa koodAdhu ' implying not to stress unnecessarily". She rendered the word 'pavam' to highlight the effect. She said "this song brought me all the laurels". At the closure of the episode the song 'malligai mullai pooppandhal' was played at the back drop.
My observation from this piece was, VJ was quite articulate, logically sequencing the stages of her life. She gave the due weight to all people who have contributed for her ascension.
When the artist is precisely touching upon a point , I don't think editors can apply scissors thoughtlessly. i.e ., if someone prefers to highlight a point, [s]he must choose to blend it the right way to prevent editing. Obviously, how much one prefers to say on another person would also rule the mind. A very good lesson to all on matters of TV presentation, suggesting how one should 'lock' the message from being edited. Thank you VJ for your due appreciation of MSV and all other mentors.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Madhuraman Sir,
Thank you for the detailed analysis of the episode 2 of Vani Jayaram's Thirumbipparkiren. In fact, she emphasized that Mellisai Mannar was very keen in every letter and not even word. "EZUTHU". Such was MM's dedication.
I spoke to Shri Bharath who is a die hard fan of MSV. He is very well versed in old Tamil films. He said they would not edit any part appreciating any artist (leave alone MSV) by the star of the day. The most editing that could be done is only the length of the clipping and he said only if there is any technical snag (which will not be there he assures), there may be some editing. There is a planned approach to the programme and their schedule aptly suits the programme on tv. So the situation of editing or cropping or whatsoever, does not arise he says. And he also says that Jaya TV is very magnanimous and they do not interfere in any content part and only if there is any technical issues, they would come forward to solve it.
And coming to Vani Jayaram she acknowledged all music directors she worked with. She said the first song to be released was from the film Veettukku Vantha Marumagal (and she remembered even the lyricist), the song sung with TMS Oridam, Oridam, she remembered the hero Ravichandran and heroine Latha. Such was her prowess.

Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof and Raghavendran,

Thanks for the details from VJ's episodes. Unfortunately, I have not been able to watch on all the 3 days so far.

At least வாணி ஜெயராமாவது முழுவதுமாக திரும்பிப்பார்க்கிறாரே என்று மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருக்கிறது.

We only hope MSV Himself will be asked to go down memory lane in this programme very soon, when we can get many interesting information. But when it happens, I am sure the Master will spend most of His time in giving credits to each and every one worked with Him.

Regards,

Venu Soundar
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Glad to see the posting in which Smt VJ talked about the truth. I also noticed in a recent 'Endrum MSV' prog on which he said many would ask him how many singers he introduced and he would reply that he did not know. He further said that it is important to rememeber the person introduced MSV in to the field and not otherwise.

N Y MURALI
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor and Mr.Raghavendran Sir,
Thanks for revisiting Vani Jayaram! She deserves many more essays in our forum. You have narrated almost the entire sequence of her interview very beautifully. And the best portions were dedicated to our MM! The landmark songs were from MM, as we know. Many of her songs for Shankar-Ganesh too are marked with plesance and melody, which she acknowledged kindly.

More than the interview, what affected, satisfied and made us feel happier is your rephrasing of the programme's title as "Nimirndhu Nirkiren". I share the same feelings expressed by you. Thanks!
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you prof& raghavendra

due to ill health i missed my fav vani's thirumbi paarkiran
your narration , satisfied me to an extent .more satisfying is vanis remarks on the greatest composer of all times . atleast a few are there with some nandri .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: