"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REMIX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: REMIX Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I watched the programme ‘Endrum MSV’ in Mega TV yesterday. After the song ‘My name is Billa’ the comparer Mr. Aadavan asked MSV about the remix of the song. MSV did not answer immediately but after few seconds sung ‘Sollathaan Ninakiren Ullathaal Thudikkiren Vai Irundum Solvadharku Vaarthaindri Thavikkiren’. He conveyed all his emotions by singing that song which he nicely conveyed.

MSV by nature respects other people’s creativity and he encourages that. I watched in one of programme in which he advised Mr. Sankar of ‘Saadaga Paravaigal’ that apart from conducting light music programme they must also try to tune some bharathiar song, bharathidasan songs etc so that they can enhance their creative ability.

So MSV would as a senior musician would welcome new creation whether the tunes or catchy or not. But he is not able to accept the tunes created by one person being used again. There is no credit for the MD. The MDs should refrain from doing that practice even if the Producer or Director insists on that.

Regards,

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV has clarified in another occasion that he appreciated Rahman's composing 'thottaal poo malarum' in another tune. In fact he said, when he met ARR in an airport after this song was released, ARR was reluctant to face him fearing that he won't approve of ARR's using his song. But MSV took the initiative to convey his appreciation for his nice composition of the song. MSV said that while he has nothing against an old song being retuned, he cannot approve of mixing. I think that it is a commendable position.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I feel MSV should strongly object to His songs being used and "killed" in the name of re-mix. I think this is happening without His knowledge and permission. It is high time a full stop is put to this non-sense and if any one still indulge in using the Master's songs, they should be penalized legally.

Regards,

Venu Soundar
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

though i am also personally against re mixes , we should ackowledge the fact , it induces young generation , to identify and listen to the original . of course they started appreciating the original . for example - Pon magal vanthal , Engayum eppothum - my daugher is one among who listened to the original and said nothing to beat the original

atleast we should appreciate for that .

but most of the songs of MM is butchered like engayum eppothum
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans - Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
If remix is the route to bring to light the glories of old songs, then I have a much better option to suggest. I appeal to all movie producers to choose old songs and straight away record them through digital electronics and picturize the songs with the present artistes and pay the ORIGINAL CREATOR / THEIR LEGAL HEIRS just 50% OF WHAT THEY WOULD BE PAYING FOR THE CURRENT MD. THERE IS JUST NO NEED TO GO THROUGH ALL THE HARSH SCHEDULES OF TRACK, PUNCHING and remixing. If the younger generation is able to appreciate that the original is far superior why waste resources on resourceless MDs and other support technicians. If a couple of producers venture boldly, I am sure, the advantages would help every one and also serve better the contention of MDs that they are providing the younger generation an opportunity to listen to old compositions. Youngsters would certainly perceive the difference between grain and the chaff.
By mere reproduction through better recording technology, all would benefit and the cost would be less besides saving enormous time while preserving all the beauties of the original. Production costs would come down and producers can be sure of hit songs all the time. Only some one needs to start it , others would follow suit. After all it is the ratio between input and output that holds the attraction. This will put an end to surviving on other man's merit. Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good suggestion, Prof. I fully agree with your views.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: