"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"AVAN NINAITHANA IDHU NADAKKUMENDRU"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: "AVAN NINAITHANA IDHU NADAKKUMENDRU" Reply with quote

“Avan Ninaithanaa Idhu Nadakkumenru” from the film “Selva Magal” (again a non-MGR/Sivaji starrer, featuring Jai Shankar) is one of the special gems in the Musical King’s Crown. It is a Pathos type of song with Hindustani Classical/Western and Slow/Fast rhythms wonderfully blended. Only the Musical God called MSV can do this. Simply amazing.

As you all know, the song starts with a superb loud humming “Aaaaahhhh, aahh aahhaha aha haaaha haa ahaahahaa……….. “. Some time back, when I was listening to this classic number at a friend’s place, his young son without knowing the real reason for the loud humming, quipped “why the humming looks a bit like yelling”. When I explained him the context of the song, he was simply amazed and was all praise for the outstanding composition and immediately became a fan of the Legend.

I do not know whether all of you know the context of this song. Though I don’t remember the story correctly, it is some thing like this - the Hero attends the Birthday Party of the Heroine (needless to say, they are lovers), who is the daughter of the Villain (as is normal in most movies). At the party, the villain announces the engagement of the heroine to some one else. The hero, part from being dejected, is under some threat from the villain and is forced to sing a song at the party. As he is reluctant to sing, the villain stamps his foot with his boot. Under pain, the hero yells, which has been beautifully converted as a superb humming. What a composition, what a composition!!! The one and only MSV can do it.

The song starts slowly in a classical style and during the interlude suddenly shifts pace to a speedy western style with Piano in the lead - as always, wonderfully composed in the inimitable style of the Master. I think it just needs a touch from the Legend on the Piano keys to produce lilting music like a stream. After the interlude, it again shifts to the slow classical style.

No accolades will be sufficient for this Godly Genius and we can only get flabbergasted at the mastery of the Music King to produce unforgettable numbers for any situation. TMS too deserves a praise for splendidly singing this song in his magical voice, which is a bit heavy in this number, resembling his style of singing for Sivaji numbers.

Here goes the song:

அவன் நினைத்தானா இது நடக்குமென்று
அவன் நினைக்குமுன்னே பழம் பழுக்குமென்று
நினைக்குமுன்னே பழம் பழுக்குமென்று

ந‌ல்ல‌ ஆற்ற‌ங்க‌ரைத‌னில் காற்றுவ‌ரும்
அது யாரிட‌ம் என்றா பார்த்து வ‌ரும்
ந‌ல்ல‌ ஆற்ற‌ங்க‌ரைத‌னில் காற்றுவ‌ரும்
அது யாரிட‌ம் என்றா பார்த்து வ‌ரும்
நெஞ்சின் ஆசையிலே தேன் ஊறிவ‌ரும்
அது ஊர்வ‌ல‌ம் சென்றா தேடிவ‌ரும்

அன்று எங்கிருந்தோ ஒரு ஏழை வ‌ந்தான்
அந்த‌ ஏழை உன் கோவிலை நாடி வ‌ந்தான்
அன்று எங்கிருந்தோ ஒரு ஏழை வ‌ந்தான்
அந்த‌ ஏழை உன் கோவிலை நாடி வ‌ந்தான்
ந‌ல்ல‌ காவல் கொண்டாய் நீ கை கொடுத்தாய்
அவ‌ன் காத்திருந்தான் இன்னும் க‌னியுமென்று

உன்னை பார்த்த‌வ‌ன் மனதில் ப‌சியிருக்க‌
அவ‌ன் பார்வையில் ஆயிர‌ம் இசையிருக்க‌
பார்த்த‌வ‌ன் மனதில் ப‌சியிருக்க‌
அவ‌ன் பார்வையில் ஆயிர‌ம் இசையிருக்க‌
ந‌ல்ல‌ நேரம் வ‌ரும் என்று நினைத்திருக்க‌
ஏன் நேற்று வந்தான் உன்னை க‌ல‌ங்க வைக்க‌

அவன் நினைக்குமுன்னே பழம் பழுக்குமென்று
நினைக்குமுன்னே பழம் பழுக்குமென்று
அவன் நினைத்தானா இது நடக்குமென்று !

Long Live MSV and His Mesmerizing Music!!

Cheers,

Venu Soundar
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Welcome Back !!! Venu Jhee.... Reply with quote

What a Sweet Surprise on this New Year !!!! Welcome Back Venu Jhee !!!
It is really great pleasure to have a Great Baktha Of this Musical God again out here !!!

Happy New Year to you and your family !!!

On behalf of everyone here....A BIG THANKS FOR COMING BACK !!!!

You have taken a real rare GEM that is not being heard and discussed these days. It is indeed an amazing composition from our Master !!!

Please continue to enthrall all of us with your great write up on this Legend...

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venu sir,

11 months 'vanavaasam' mudindhathaa?.

But we know, 'vanavaasam' is only for the name 'venugopal soundarrajan' and you are contineously participating in the discussions in another name.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

anyhow, nice to see you with your previous name.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Thanks for welcoming me. Reply with quote

Dear Ram & Venkat,

Many thanks for welcoming me back and your encouraging words. I feel sorry for having stayed away from the Forum for quite a while. I now feel, as a true Baktha of the Musical God, it is my duty to write all that is possible from my side in the Forum.

Though I wish to write a lot, I have a time constraint problem. Due to some serious problem with my Home PC, I have to do my postings from office only. But the work schedule in office is very hectic. Still, I will try my best to post whatever that I can.

Wishing all our friends in the MSV Times Forum a very Happy, Healthy, Wealthy, Prosperous, Peaceful & Musical New Year.

New Year Pranams to our Master.

Cheers,

Venu Soundar

P.S.: Dear Irene, I am surprised at your strange guessing. I confirm I had not made any postings in the forum in any other name.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Whistling Numbers. Reply with quote

While talking of the yelling out of stamping of foot, which is excellently converted in to a humming, I remember of another song. It is “Nilavu Vandhu Paadumo, Silai Ezhundhu Aadumo” (PS) from “Raaman Ethanai Raamanadi”. Again it is an amazing composition, which changes tempo in between from slow to high speed at “Maarattum Manadhu Pola Pogattum, Aadattum Thanai Marandhu Aadattum”. The special aspect of the song is a group whistling in between, which is wonderfully done. The group whistling is done by MSV himself with Sadan, MS Raju, Gopalakrishnan & others.

While on the subject of group whistling, the Legend has done it in the following numbers too:

"Chellak Kiligalam Palliyile", from "Enga Maama".
"Janaganin Magalai Manamalaga", from "Rojavin Raja".
"Nadappadhu Sugamenru Nadathu", from "Moonru Deivangal".
"Nenjirukkum Engalukkum", from "Nenjirukkumvarai".
"Nilavai Paarthu Vaanam Sonnadhu", from "Savale Samali"
"Solladhey Yarum Kettal", from "Sorgam".

Solo whistling is done in the following numbers:

"Andavan Padaichan, Engitta Koduthan", from "Nichaya Thamboolam".
"Iniyadhu, Iniyadhu Ulagam", from "Thangai".
“Kelvi Pirandadhu Anru”, from “Pachai Vilakku”
“Kodukka Kodukka Inbam Pirakkumey” (MSV-PS) (forgot the film name)
"Neerodum Vaigayile Ninraadum Meene", from "Paar Magale Paar".
"Nenjathiley Nee Netru Vandhay", from "Shanthi".
"Oruvar Manadhai Oruvar Ariya", from "Gowri Kalyanam".
"Vandha Naal Mudhal Indha Naal Varai" from "Pava Mannippu".

I think MSV is the only one who has composed so many songs with Whistling as a major musical bit in them. Hats off to the Master.

Long Live MSV and his mesmerizing Music,

Venu Soundar
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

I would like to add some more amazing whistling numbers:
Ninaithale Inikum:- Kathirundhen kaathirundhen kaadal manam nogum varai...
Sila Nerangalil Sila Manithargal:- Kandadhai sollugiren sung by our beloved music emperor
Varumayin Niram Sivappu:- Sippi irukudhu..., Paatu onnu paadu thambi...
Kadalikka Neramillai:- Nenjathai Allikonjam tha tha tha...

Actually MSV thought of composing the full song "Neerodum Vaigayile..." with Whistle i.e. no lyrics. But Kavignar Kannadasan, tune kettu athellam mudiyathu... intha mettuku naan ezhuthiye theeruvennu sollitaram...

Thats our legends...
irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One complete interlude had been compossed by wistle itself in the song...

"My name is Billa" from Billa (1980)

by MSV sir.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... how I missed this superhit song of MSV-Superstar combo...

During my school days, I used to write to Vividh Bharati to play this song in "Ungal Viruppam".

Today if u take the top 4 hits, it will be the following 4 remix songs.
Ponmagal vanthal
Engeyum eppothum
My name is Billa
Vethalaya potendi

Ofcourse its absurd to compare these remix with the original.

Just I said... because all are from our MM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: