"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV IN GEMINI STUDIOS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: MSV IN GEMINI STUDIOS. Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I had narrated earlier, how SS Vasan- the doyen of TF production put a variety of statements and questions to MMs before assigning them the MD's slot in Vaazhkai Padagu.In my earlier posting, I had just touched upon the scenario of MSV's entry in Gemini and how he was accepted as the Aasthana MD for a long time. Now, I have other pieces to share with our friends and genuine admirers of MSV.
When work started , MSV, Kavi Arasu and SSVasan sat for composing the lyric and the song. Kanadasan started off giving Pallavi after Pallavi. One of them was Naan Kavignan alla, Kalaignan Alla and MSV set the tunes. Everytime MM gave a note, SSV was telling try a better one. This has been MSV's experience with all major producers. SSV was insistent on getting better Pallavi and better tune for that song. Meanwhile, SSV had to attend a phone call and Kannadasan severely warned MSV by his very penetrative looks that he does not want to work in this film. MSV murmured to KD ,"Annay konjam Porumaiya irunga"
KD retorted"Yenna porumaiya irukkaradhu? Nee 500 style vaasichutta, naanum ella pallaviyayum maaththikittae irukkaen, Onnum nadakkalla, ippidi ovvoru paatta eppa mudikkiradhu, Nee vera aalai ppaaru. Yennaa avaru namma tastekkum vida mattengararu." Now SSV was back at the composing spot. Realizing the danger from KD , MSV told SSV "Sir, Ungalukku actuala enna sir venum, Paattu sariillaiya, tune sari illaiya, edhunu sollinga, illa enga taste kku pannalama? sollunga please".
Adhallam kuraivilla, aana, Naan kavignanalla, kalaignalla enru, SIVAJI GANESAN pola oru actor padina jananga kaettuppanga. Namma hero GEMINI GANESAN, [know for his penchant for women] Kaadal Mannan ippidi paadina endha ponnum namba maattalae " -SSV
[Simultaneously KD and MSV were upset that this could have been told in the very begining]. Then as usual MSV relieved the tension saying "NAETRU VARAI NEE YAARO , NAAN YAARO" vechukkalama?
Immediately SSV acknowledged that this suits the social image of the hero.
IN NO TIME KANNADASN DELIVERED ALL THE REST OF THE SONG. MSV gladly recalls this for both relieving the pressure and how instantly he could say a pallavi of universal appeal. But, immediately MSV touched the most cardinal point saying that "Producers would not allow hotpotch work and were conscious of what will go well with public sentiments. This narration by MSV is a very important point for us to consider. If you discuss his own compositions, his response would be "Appidiyya, enakku ninaivilla - ennamo pannaen adhu ellarukkum pidichu pochu". I recall my notion about memory [ Memory is a hinderance for creativity]. Yet, MSV vividly remembers every piece of such important conversations, indicating that he remembers instances , forgets his old tunes, so that he is fresh for a new tune always. THERE ARE MORE SUCH for us later.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman. Navi Mumbai
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prof.sir

It is really amazing to know about how each and every songs were created by those genious Kannadasan and MSV.

a worthful information.

we need more and more of such rememberances from you sir.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: