"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PIANO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: PIANO Reply with quote

[b] DEAR FRIENDS,

PIANO,A WESTERN MUSICAL INSTRUMENT SURRENDERD TO MSV.

HE HAS USED FOR SEVERAL SONGS. LET US SEE A FEW.

1.PAADUVOR PAADINAL AADA THONDRM (KEK)

2.PAATONTRU KETTEN (PM)

3.ATHANIN MUTHTHANGAL (UM)

4.UNNAI ONTRU KETPEN (PP)

5.PAARTHA GNABAGAM (PP-PATHOS)

6.KANIRENDUM MINNA MINNA (PV)

7.AVAN NINAITHAANA ITHU NADAKKUMENTRU (SM)

8.SANTHIPPOMA INTRU SANTHIPPOMA (CHITHI)

9.ELLORUM NALAM VAZHA NAAN PAADINEN (EM)

10.MEZHUGUVARTHI ERIHINTRATHU (GOWRAVAM)

11.POOVA THALAYA POTTAL THERIYUM (PT)

12.KANKALUKKENNA KAAVAL ILLAYO (NKK)

13.ENNA ENNA VARTHAIGALO (VA)

14.MAANIKKA THOTIL INGIRUKKA (PP)

15.AVALUKENNA AZHAGIYA MUGAM (SS)

16.MANITHAN ENBAVAN DEIVAMAAGALAAM (ST)

18.VELLI KINNAM THAAN (UM)

19.KANN PONA POKKILE KAAL POHALAAMA (PP)

20.ANDRU VANTHATHUM ITHEY NILAA (PEP)

21.KANNENNA KANNENA KALANGUTHU (PEP)

22.THENTRALUKKU ENTRUM VAYATHU PATHINARE ANTRO (PAYANAM)

23.SATHIYA MUTHIRAI KATTALAI ITTATHU (KP)

24.NINAITHATHAI NATATHIYE MUDIPAVAN NAAN NAAN (NN)

25.ENAKORU KAATHALI IRUKINTRAL (MM)

MY MEMORY IS POOR .OTHERS TO POINT OUT MORE......

SANKARANARAYANAN.
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: PIANO Reply with quote

[b]

HOW I MISSED THE FOLLOWING...

THEDINEN VANTHATHU (UVU)

NAAN NANTRI SOLVEN (KD)

THAIRIYAMAHA SOLL NEE ,ANITHAN THAANAA (OV)

SANKARANARAYANAN
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: My Piano Man! Reply with quote

Dear Sankaran,

I have a huge collection of Piano Songs under title - MY PIANO MAN MSV!!!
What about Malligai Maan Vizhi, Paal Tamizh Paal, Aaada Varalaam, Ninaithathai Nadathiye Mudippavan Naan Naan, Thottu Kaatava, Adada Enna Azhagu, Anru Vanthathum Ithey Nila, Avalukenna Azhagiya Mugam, Thendralukku Enrum Vayathu 16 anro, ellorum nalam vazha naan paaduven, chella kiligalam palliyiley,ennai theriyuma, jillendru kaatru vandhadho, malar endra mugham onru sirikattum, kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam, kanni venduma kavidhai venduma, kaatru vandhal thalai sayum naanal, mezhuguvarthi erikindrathu, mana medai malargaludan deepam, naadodi poga vendum oorodi, odivathupol idai irukkum, pillai tamizh paadukiren, senthamizh paadum, sorgathiley mudivanathu, thunirnthu nil thoranthu sel, vanna kili sonna mozhi, velli kinnamthan, viswanathan velai vendum, yaro ada thrindhavar yaro, paatondru tharuvar paaradiyamma, sugam sugam ithu thunba mana inbamanathu, orey paadal unnai azhaikkum - to name a few...

In my opinion theres no other Musician in the World to use Piano so extensively like our MSV. Our Master ino wonder still remains the Master of Masters!!! It was MSV who gave a new dimension to many instruments thro' whom the world came to know the intelligent usage!

Mr. Sankaran, do you want somemore of Piano songs?????

Long Live MSV
Cheers
vaidy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Piano Reply with quote

Dear Sankaran, There may be a slight repetition of Piano songs list, illathavatrai mattum eduthu kollungal!
Cheers
vaidy
manisekaran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Piano instrument was so well handled in the song Paadovor Padinaal Aada Thondrum in KANNAN EN KATHALAN that when the vinyl records were cut, they included the piano instrumental of this song, along with the orignal songs of the film. MSV mentioned this with great pride in one of his interviews.

Manisegaran
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome mr. manisekaran

i already enjoyed your wonderful writings in tfm forum. each one is excellent.

we hope here also you will flow your flood, with excellent numbers of msv sir.

please continue, we are waiting...
manisekaran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear irenehastings,
It was my dear friend Mahendraraj who told me of this wonderful site. I just happened to be free. Should time permit I shall post.

I purchased some books recently, one on MSV, and so you could imagine the information he gives. I shall join in off and on.

Would you believe if MSV were to say that it was because of MGR's over involvement that the songs of Neerum Neruppum did not fare well with the fans? Again MSV admits in humilty that he had to fall at the feet of TMS to make sure he sang a song for MGR all because no one else could- for that particular song.

Again Sivaji ganesan in 1963 said that scientifically plants grow bith through effect of music, and that his own body bloated all because of listening to MSV's music.

Ilayaraja saw all (repeat ALL) movies where music was composed by MSV. He won awards in school for singing Malai pothuthin Mayakkathile- Bagyalechumy- (MSV-TKR).

AR Rahman used to listen to the songs of MSV, but after becoming MD, he dared not listen to the music composed by MSV, all because he was sure to be influenced by the magnetic power of MSV.

MSV himself did not want to sing in films. He first sand a small piece in the opening scene of Pasa Malar. Then he went into humming- Paalirukkum Pazhamirukkum.

Cho Ramaswamy (The Muttai Kannu Moganam Mookku Oru Vaganam) was an ardent fan of MSV. Cho wanted MSV to sing Allah Alah Nee Illatha Idame Ilai Nee Thaane Anbin Ellai. But MSV wanted TMS to sing. The argument went on for a while. Finally they arrived at a decision to draw lots, and Cho (knowing Cho) made the arrangements for the drawing of lots. When the lots were drawn the name of MSV appeared. So MSV reluctantly sang. Reluctant but a good hit indeed. It was then that CHO told MSV that his name was in all the lots to ensure that MSV sang.

MSV was a stundent of SM Subbiah Naidu. (SMS was looked after by MSV until he died. Even when SMS died it was MSV Who performed the funreal rites stepping into the shoes of his son)

While SMS was live MSV organised an event to honour him. MSV printed invitation cards. Cho was to emcee the event. MSV took the cards to see MGR. On seeing the name of Cho, MGR got angry and commented "That fellow is hitting me politically and you want me to come for the function?"

MSV said, "Look this is a non political function. Besides SMS is your very close friend as well. It is up to you to turn for the event" (Music for Nadodi Mannan- SMS)

MSV told this to Cho, who became more alerted. Finally MGR turned up.
The program started and MGR was visibly worried of the mouth and mischief of the uncontrollable CHO. Cho started this way- "This is an event for Vadyar (meaning the Vadyar of MSV)" Then immediately turning to MGR he asked "ENNA VADYARE SARITHAANE?"

MGR laughed, Cho laughed, MSV laughed and everyone laughed. There was thunderous applause. MSV was so happy that CHO set in postive vibrations in the hall.

Vanakkam
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Welcome dear Manisekaran! Reply with quote

Welcome dear Manisekaran!

That was quite an informative post. And am sure there are still lots in store for our "MSV Club" members.

வருக வருக!
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

CONGRATS , TO THE TEAM , WHO HAS MADE THIS POSSIBLE .

I FRANKLY FEEL , OUR MSV - lacked only one thing - which is good PRO .

of course his talent doesnot require any and this portal would help , youngsters to know the master ., and would make them realise , what they are missing now , in film songs .

my son of 11 years , an example , is a very ardent fan , and ofcourse surprised our master , 7 years ago , with his knowledge of MSV SONGS .

just to add a Very Happy few more lines of what i have read ofcourse in magazines .

re allah allah song

when , the politically powerful people , coerced (threatened ) MSV THE GREAT , not to sing that song , our MSV , has replieed , that singing , his profession , and he would do his work , at any cost .

Finally , thats one of the best songs , that we have heard , and ofcourse , probably will figure in all time great song in praise of ALLAH .

Cho was so moved by this act OF MSV - he holds him at high esteem .
even now .

re neerum neruppum

per MM , thats the only MGR film, where no song turned out to be a hit -

will come back again

let me a trumpet of MSV
baroque

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Shankaranarayanan has posted at the top of his list, still please let me post too, I am seeing that song ippo dhaan Very Happy first time,

Paaduvor paadinal…. What a piano feast! Piano supported slow pallavi of the song grows into a full-fledged musical feast with interludes enriched with piano passages & an impressive rhythm bongo-drums. STYLISH SHOW! MGR & JJ add to the charm!! Blessed this night to watch the song !! thanks,Vinatha
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sankaran, Vaidy and all,
I don't know whether this is the right forum or "rare songs" is the right one to post the following. Since, we are discussing piano usage by the great maestro, I wonder whether any body has the rare song of MSV from the movie "anubavam pudhumai". The song is a duet by PBS and PS and it goes"kanavil nadandadho kayANa oorvalam..."
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Kanavil Nadanthatho- A Great Piano Song Reply with quote

Dear Viswapriyan,

Welcome back after a long time. The song you have mentioned is there in my Piano Man collection. Great prelude with Piano & chorus.

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Song is available in MSVTIMES.COM Reply with quote

Dear Viswapriyan,
Thanks for bringing out this rare song. It is really a unique of its kind with chorus,sax, enchanting piano with incredible pauses.... Surprised)

The song is available in the audio section of our website under 'K' with name as 'Kanavil Kalyana Oorvalam'...

Happy Listening !!!

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy and Venkat,
Thanx for ur prompt response.

Not only sax and piano, even the percussuions are great in that song.

I think Noel Grande was the drummer.

Thanx again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: