"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV MESMORISES CHILDREN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: MSV MESMORISES CHILDREN Reply with quote

Dear All,

I wish to share my latest experience with everyone in this forum. This morning when I left home to drop my children in the school, my car audio system was playing "Athaan Ennathaan" song. My elder son Pranav (my younger son Vaibhav is also an MSV addict) who was listening to the song started pressing the "repeat" button every time the song ended. The drive took about 30 minutes from my residence and he had played the same song 5 times in a row. When I reached the school, Pranav exclaimed in joy - "Appa too good song". I was really astonished at what level Our Legend captivates hearts!!! No wonder His music is timeless and now ageless too!!! Surrendered at the Musical Feet of MSV!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

I just mentioned last week that my 6 and half year old son is mad after the song Anubavam pudhumai and he hums the preludes and interludes also ! What else but the sheer magical power of his music only !
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......but the main problem is, the present generation of age group between 15 and 25 (or may be 30 too) MUST listen the musical magic of our MSV sir.

because, without knowing which is original music, they are running behind some 'avans'.. and 'ivans'...

they should hear the real music from our sir's songs.
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very True!!! But, the elder generation has to take the initiative (Like Vaidy Sir, Ramky Sir etc.). If they make their children hear to the EMPEROR's music once, the music will do the rest.

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram,

The sons and daughters of our MSVClub are indeed great fans of MSV
eg .,
Vaidy's sons, as he has just written
My sons Ramkumar(who is the Moderator of the site from USA) and second son Rajkumar ( who will start his posting shortly)
Sarada's ten year old son, as she has written
Sampath's daughter
Jeyaram's daughter
and definitely this must be true with other's too !

But this is basically because, we listen to MSV's creations and alongwith
us do our wards and thus they could simply realise and amaze at
what our EMPEROR has given decades back for decades ahead.

Your suggestion that "we should make our next generation listen" should happen, through the cross section of the society !. How to make it happen ?

I used to worry for many years that wonders done by the EMPEROR should not vanish at all for generations and this triggered Ram to create this website with the help of friends like Vaidy, Sabesan and all others !

Our scope of the website should not stop only with our posting in the Forum (which ofcourse is a must and going to benefit the viewers on the amazing creation of MSV), but we, as a team, under the banner of MSVTIMES.com, should do a LOT of activities which will convey the world MSV's mesmerising /unmatchable creations and that there is enough and more for every music lover to do research from.

This is our worry now for all of us.

How do we make it ?

Can we bring in volunteers from our forum to work on this to make our vision a reality ?

Can we all meet one day to plan ?

I certainly would like to have pouring response from all on this
matter.

MSV is MUSIC and MUSIC is MSV and let both live for ever !

Ramki

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy and Ramki,

As you rightly said, we should make our children listened to the songs of MSV. Vaidy, in whatever he does, sure enough, the giant incorporates his genius. E - g , on the other day we listened to Theorotum. What a miram as SRS said.

I want to suggest taking cue only our beloved SRS, though not in a big way, atleast MSV fan' family among themselves should organise a function with themselves and children singing the songs of MSV to start with. Kindly imagine how happy we parents would be , seeing our children singing the songs of MSV. It would be a moving experience. M/s.Vaidy,Ramki, SRS,NVS,Bhaskar, Jeyaram kindly think and make it possible.

Day before yesterday when myself and my daughter listening to "Kan pona pokkilae ", she was stunned on the western orchestration and exclaimed "Appa, What a song in those days and what a deceiving Kalyani scale". Expose our children to the good and great music of MSV.

My daughter started recognising raagas at the age of 3. The first song she sang was "Naalai Indha vellai Paarthu odi vaa Kanna' when she was just 3. This is same song she sang for the screening test Sun TV Sapthaswarangal in 2001 when she was 6 years old and got selected.

As venky says MSV rules music as well as our hearts.

With love,
Sampat
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God's willing we can make it in a more professional way asking our own children to provide accompaniments like key board, guitar or tabla.

I am willing to train them if they give their choice of songs as I could play very little of all the above instruments.

With love
Sampat
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said sampath sir,

this enjoyment whcih we all have should be transcended to the next gen

it will . i am sure as there is a lot of dedication, toil , truth and involvement in master music
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramki Sir,

No doubt, everyone in our Forum would love to volunteer for spreading our EMPEROR's charm all over. Within a very short period, I realised how active our forum is, and getting populated day by day, by the admirers of our EMPEROR.

When I meant "our next generation", it was the one following me. I see, there is not much of a posibility in my own generation to get turned towards our EMPEROR, unless they get impressed by themselves, or by their parents (I am fortunate, in this case). Like Ram and Venky, I had more of a practical experience of how EMPEROR's songs were taken by our generation. I am not very happy, to be frank. When comes to cine music, people normally get accustomed towards their generation music and their previous one. The consideration of a previous generation comes because of the comparison of new with old. Currently, the generation is of Harris and Yuvan, even ARR is becoming old. During my early college days, it was ARR and Ilayaraja, and everyone repeated the same during their debates, "It was only during him (either IR or ARR side), Tamil Cine music revived and took a new dimension". I also found one thing. Most of the people take it for granted that all hit songs during the period of IR was only composed of him. I happened to hear this on a chit-chat with my classmates, "Enna songs pa "Ninaithale Inikkum"la, IR pinnirukaaru..." I was in rage, and had to correct him that it is EMPEROR. Even most of the people think "Sambo Shiva sambo" is the first song sung by EMPEROR, and they consider themselves as the great cine quizzers. More pathetic, I heard a comment on "Naalai Namathey" from a friend. "Ellaam hindi copy. "Chura liya" enna song, tamil layum potrukaan paaru "Neela nayangalil"nu...", I stopped talking with him about movies thereafter. I was damn sure, he had not given even a single second to closely hear the song and then make a comparison. According to them, Hindi music directors are down-to-earth people. I hail from a college, that is known for its north indian population (other RECTians can enlighten more), and found many of our people behave the same way.

Therefore, there are more chances of our "pro-EMPEROR" campaign might be understood as "Anti-Other MDs" campaign by outsiders, which should not be encouraged.

I think. there cannot be a better idea than making our next generation grow with our EMPEROR music, which would be spread by them definitely, when they grow up. Like the resurrection of our EMPEROR's songs and His fame through MSVTimes.com, something might come up in the next generation too.

Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sriram

That is one angle. Even today in marriage reception SENTHAMIZ THEN MOZIYAL/ENNAI THERIUMA ETC are played with big applause. All these songs are played along with SHIVAJI/chennai 28 . Music troups wont play old songs if people not willing to listen.

Your point is right in the sesne that set of GROUPS studying in college or those who finished it not accepting or not willing to listen 60's &70's.

my friend aredent fan of IR and we stop talking with each other because of EMPEROR-IR comparision. after so many years we met each other(now matured) wondering HOW EMPEROR DID ALL THE MAGIC IN 60's and 70's itself. Not only single case there are so many started listeneing our EMPEROR music. Most of them wont like current status of music .Their main complaint is MELODY IS MISSING.

The so called new generation simply ignoring because exposure to TV & fast invasion of western culture. To make money fast and to get the attention of people started just cut &paste method and enjoying the same without any big effort. I can give so many example(most super hit)from where they copied. It is available in websites but who cares?

Our EMPEROR MUSIC IS LIKE OUR CULTURE. You can feel attachement of mother/father/brother/friends and even love songs are tuned such a way that it would spoil your mind. All based on melody NOT BASED ON JUST MAKING BIG SOUND.

Net net one should have maturity to listen and appreciate our EMPEROR music. ALL FM RADIO/MUSIC CHANNELS banging on commercial on aspect only. They should brodcast old songs also in peak hour time(now they are doing it after 10.00pm or after that )to make current generation to listen. Current music is surviving because of media and hype. Same media should promote good music also.

With all these hurdles EMPEROR music is still going strong and able to withstand technology invasion/culture invasion etc. IT WILL BE THERE FOR EVER.

For my part I have already made my daughter to listen our MSV SONGS.and my sister sons(now in abroad) quite familiar with GOWARVAM songs. My sister use to tell she will voluntarily put MSV SONGS during long trip and end of the day her sons automatically ask for the same songs and often use to say WHAT A MELODY even though they use to listen current tamil songs.

FRIENDS; SORRY FOR LONG(BORING) MAIL

regards
ramesh
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

Very Well Said!!! Like the friend you mentioned, the realisation has to come itself for grown-up people. But, for children, its our responsibility to make them take the right path.

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

தம்பி Sreeram Kannan

உங்கள் ஆதங்கம் எனக்கு நன்றாகப் புரிகிறது. காரணம் நானும் உங்களைப்போலவே இது குறித்து ஆதங்கப்படுபவள். மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசைச்சிறப்புக்களைப்பற்றி எழுதுவது மட்டுமல்லாமல், பல்வேறு சமயங்களில் பல்வேறு நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் அவருடைய பாடல்களைப் பற்றிச்சொல்லும்போது, அவருடைய பெயரைக்குறிப்பிடாமல், அதில் நடித்த நடிகரின் புகழை மட்டும் சொல்லி விட்டு பாடல் போடுபவர்களை சகட்டு மேனிக்கு சாடியிருக்கிறேன். (என்னுடைய பல பதிவுகளில் பார்த்திருக்கலாம்). அவருக்கு சேர வேண்டிய புகழை இன்னொருவர் கொள்ளையடித்துக்கொண்டு போவதை பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்க முடியாது. அதனால் அப்படிப்பட்டவர்களின் பெயரைக்குறிப்பிட்டே திட்டுவதை வழக்கமாக்கியிருக்கிறேன். யாராயிருந்தால் என்ன ?. மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பாடல்களைப்போட்டு விட்டு அவர் பெயரை குறிப்பிடாதவர்கள் கால் தூசுக்கு சமம்.

இது ஒரு பக்கம் என்றால் இன்றைய இளம் தலைமுறையினர் பண்ணும் அழும்பு தாங்க முடியவில்லை. அவர்களைப்பொறுத்தவரை திரைப்பட இசையென்பது 1975 க்கு பிறகுதான் பிறந்தது. 75 க்குப்பின்னர் வந்த பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் இளையராஜா போட்டது என்ற எண்ணம். 'நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும்' படம் பற்றி உங்களிடம் ஒருவர் வாதிட்டதைப்போலவே, 'போக்கிரி ராஜா' படத்தின் பாடல்கள் இளையராஜாவினுடையது என்று என்னிடம் ஒருவர் கடுமையாக வாதிட்டார். என் கணவரின் அலுவலக நண்பர் அவர். இத்தனைக்கும் அவர் இன்றைய இளம் தலைமுறை அல்ல. அதற்கு அவர் வைத்த வாதம்... ஏ.வி.எம்.நிறுவனத்தில் 'போக்கிரி ராஜா'வுக்கு முன் வந்த 'முரட்டு காளை'யும் பின்னர் வந்த 'சகலகலா வல்லவனும்' இளையராஜா இசையில் வந்திருக்கும்போது இடையில் வந்த படம் மட்டும் எப்படி எம்.எஸ்.வி. இசையில் வந்தது? என்பதுதான். என்ன வாதம் பண்ணியும் அவர் ஒத்துக்கொள்ளவில்லை. நானும் விடுவதாக இல்லை. கேஸட் கடையில் இருந்து 'போக்கிரி ராஜா' சி.டி.யை வாடகைக்கு எடுத்து போட்டுக்காட்டி, டைட்டில் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் பெயர் வந்தபோது ஸ்டில் செய்து காட்டியதும் வாயடைத்துப்போனார். இத்தனைக்கும் அந்தப்படம் வெளியானபோது (1981) அவர் முழு மனிதனாக இருந்தவர். அவரே இப்படியென்றால் இன்றைய தலைமுறையைப்பற்றி என்ன சொல்வது?.

இந்நேரத்தில் நமக்கு இருக்கும் ஒரு ஆறுதல், டி.வி.நிகழ்ச்சிகளின் போது அதில் பங்கு பெறும் இன்றைய தலைமுறையினர் 95% மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பாடல்களை எடுத்துப்பாடுவதும் அவர் பெயரைக்குறிப்பிடுவதும் தான்.

மாமேதை எம்.எஸ்.வி அவர்களுக்கே இந்த நிலையென்றால், அவர் காலத்தில் இருந்த சங்கர் கணேஷ், வி.குமார் போன்றவர்கள் சுத்தமாக மறக்கப்பட்டு விட்டனர். கே.வி.எம். மட்டும் திருவிளையாடல், தில்லானா மோகனாம்பாள் போன்ற படங்களால் அவ்வப்போது நினைவு கூறப்படுகிறார்.

மக்களின் மறதியை விட திரையுலகத்தினரின் நன்றி கெட்டதனம் இருக்கிறதே... அப்பபா. கொடுமை. ஜெயா டி.வி.யின் சிறப்பு தேன் கிண்ணம் வழங்க வரும் எந்த ஒரு திரையுலக வி.ஐ.பியும் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பாடல்களைப்போடும்போது அவருடைய பெயரைக் குறிப்பிடுவதே கிடையாது. ஆனா இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்களைப்போடும்போது மட்டும் அவரைப்பற்றி 'அவர் வந்த பிறகுதான் தமிழ் திரையிசை பிறந்தது' என்று நீட்டி முழக்கி பேசி விட்டு அப்புறம் பாடலை போடுவார்கள்.

சமீபத்தில் ஒரு பேட்டியின் போது நடிகர் சாருகாசன் (நடிகர் கமலின் அண்ணன்) சொன்னது என்ன தெரியுமா?. "இளையராஜா வந்த பிறகுதான் தமிழ் இசையில் புதிய திருப்பம் உண்டானது, அதற்கு முன்னர் காதலிக்க நேரமில்லை போன்ற படங்களின் பாடல்கள் எல்லாம் ஆங்கில இசையை தழுவித்தான் வந்தன" என்று ஒரு குண்டை தூக்கிப்போட்டார். பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருந்த என் கணவர் சொன்னார் "இந்த கிழவனுக்கு என்ன ஆச்சு?. மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் காலத்தில் இருந்த இவர போன்றவர்களே இப்படிச்சொன்னால் இன்றைய தலைமுறையினர் ஏன் தவறாகப் பேச மாட்டார்கள்?" என்று ஆதங்கப்பட்டார்.

எஸ்.பி.முத்துராமன் என்ற ஒரு இயக்குநர், இவர் இளையராஜாவின் இன்னொரு ஜால்ரா. சமீபத்தில் ஒரு டி.வி.நேர்காணலில் கேள்வி கேட்டவர் பல கேள்விகளுக்கிடையில் ஒரு கேள்வி கேட்டார் "மெல்லிசை மன்னர் எம்.எஸ்.வி.அவர்களுடன் உங்கள் அனுபவம் எப்படி?"

அதற்கு எஸ்.பி.எம்.சொன்னார்: "இதுவரை நான் அவருடன் பணியாற்றியதில்லை. ஆகவே அவரைப்பற்றி எதுவும் சொல்வதற்கில்லை" (அட ஞான சூனியமே... அவர் இசையமைத்த 'துணிவே துணை', 'போக்கிரி ராஜா' போன்ற படங்களை இய்க்கியிருக்கிறாரே, மறந்து விட்டதா? அல்லது மறைத்து விட்டாரா?).

சோ அவர்கள் சொன்னது போல, ஒன்று மட்டும் நிச்சயம். மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இசையை கேட்காதவர்களுக்குதான் நஷ்ட்டமே தவிர, நஷ்ட்டம் அவருக்கு அல்ல.
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NETHIYADI Saradha Madam!!!

Very true!!! That even most of the celebrities in Tamil movie Industry, dont show their gratitude towards EMPEROR!!!!

SPM's statement is highly idiotic.. (How can we forget the halloween melody "Aagayathil Thottil Kattum" and the excellent BGM from "Thunive Thunai", and how come the director forgot it!!!! ) Nowadays, most of the people act like they are affected by "Selective amnesia"..

Even, Kamalhassan.. (I read a similar thread in this form, about Kamalhassan's bias towards IR). Well, that can be accepted.. IR and Kamal belong to the same period..

But, How come "Nadigar Thilagam" ???? I was shocked to the extreme, when I read this from a book of Mr. Vaamanan. He complained EMPEROR in the film shooting of "Ilaya Thalaimurai" that all of the movies he composed for MGR were hits, but not for him. How can he forget "Avan Oru Sarithram", that came at the same period, and has wonderful songs ?? Was it the fault of a MD, if the actor chooses unsuitable roles and the movie goes a flop ?

Our EMPEROR had been forgotten by a generation!!! That's the basic reason behind everything...

Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if I was too harsh. I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings about the persons I have mentioned in my previous thread. It was just because of the anger of how a great personality had been forgotten by the industry, and still people behave as if nothing had happened.

Sorry Again!!!

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: SHARADHA - YOUR WRITING INDEED INSPIRES Reply with quote

Dear Sharadha,

I fully endorse every aspect of your post. In fact last year when I had met SP. Muthuraman during the Kannadasan vizha, I told him that we would need his experiences to be posted in the site for which he readily agreed. But what you have written now is really disheartening. I am sure most of the Directors (both cine & music) are suffering from Selective Amnesia!!! Alas, the disease is so selective that they have forgotten a Musical Phenomenon called MSV who ruled the Tamil film industry for almost a solid 2 decades and one who has been active for almost 6 decades as a Music Creator. It is really rediculous that the ungreatful TFW has conveniently chosen to forget the achievements of a Giant called MSV but goes all out to talk about the rest (read trivials here). Film industry no doubt needs to be commercial but should never stoop to this level of psycophancy which is normally practised by politicians.

SHARADHA, SHOUD THERE BE A SATYAGRAHA TO FREE THIS INDUSTRY FROM THE CLUTCHES OF THESE SO CALLED MD'S, THEN YOU CAN COUNT ON ME. I AM SURE MANY MORE WOULD VOLUNTEER THEMSELVES FOR THIS GREAT CAUSE.

WONDERFUL SHARADHA, GEM OF A WRITING INDEED. KEEP IT UP!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: