"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs from "Praptham"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvsankar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Songs from "Praptham" Reply with quote

Film : Praptham

Songs : Sondham eppodhum thodarkadhai dhan and Sandhanathil nalla vasam eduthu.

Sondham Eppodhum Thodarkadhai dhan - Best Melody from our MSV.Nice rendition by TMS and PS.Beautiful Prelude.

S.Balaji - Unga writings la indha paatai solla mudiyuma??

indha paatil irukum instruments patri solla mudiyuma ?

Sandhanathil nalla vasam eduthu - Simple but Sweet Themmangu from MSV.

TMS in rendition - Sivajiyae paduvadhu pola oru feelings.

Excellent Flute and Violin.Inimaiyana PS in humming udan flute udanum mudiyum azhagana postlude.

Ragam -- madhyamavathi ya?

Sondham eppodhum and SAndhanathil - Sivajiyai polavae TMS um Character ku yetravaru kuralil, padum style il nalla vidhyasathai kaati irupar...

with Love,
Usha Sankar.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Pick a Song and Analyze! Reply with quote

Dear Usha mam,
Though I am not blessed enough to analyse the nuances of raagas as some of our friends can, I take any opportunity to file my response. Now also, I do the same for the Praptham songs. If I remember right Praptham had the lyrics of Kavi Arasu Kannadasn.
SONDHAM EPPODHUM THODAR KADHAI THAAN
MUDIVAY ILLADHADHU.
It is a simple truth of human life [Mudivay illadhadhu]
The same philosophy figures in Vaalee's AVALUKKENNA AZHAGIAMUGAM
SONG where the idea is narrated as
URAVUKKENNA -- UYIR ULLA VARAI THODARNTHU VARUM.
BEING THE UNIVERSAL TRUTH, THE IDEA QUITE ABLY SUSTAINS ITSELF on both occasions though the song situations are not identical. Another grand feature is, truth fits any where and serves to satisfy the varied styles of scribing by different poets.
Sandanathin nalla vasam edthu has been a song par excellence for the nuances of composition. From the song it can be inferred that the hero tries to correct the styles of singing by the female artiste.This is one of those songs of Kannadasan,MSV, TMS, PS combination that takes a firm grip of the listener on the very first hearing. In this song, Kaviarasu pays his usual tribute to goddess Meenakshi and also brilliantly portrays the shyness of femininity when he says MAAMAN MAGAL POGUDHU NAANATHTHODU. As ever MM has given excellent orchestration in both these songs.
I thank you for the opportunity though I have not contributed much to the analytical component.
Warm regards, Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
irenehastings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Usha madam and Professor sir,

Both of you are analysing the songs of 'Praptham' in a beautiful way. Good. Appuram enna?. If you go on analysing like this you can improve well.

Praptham songs are really good ones, which have wonderful tunes that other MDs not yet touch till now.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another soul touching song from the film Praptham rendered by veteran TMS, "Thaalaatu paadi".TMS would have given his life to this song. I dont why? This song is completely forgotten and overshadowed by the other songs.

P. Sankar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: