"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY MUSIC MAN MSV - PART - III

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: MY MUSIC MAN MSV - PART - III Reply with quote

MY MUSIC MAN MSV PART III - BY VAIDY

Our Nation celebrated the 58th Republic day on the 26th of January 2007. There were celebrations all round the country and the traditional parade which I never fail to watch right from my school days was also there. I have been waiting ever since I had written to the President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam a year ago about the apathy that has been continuing for so many years in not awarding / rewarding our Master Creator MSV at the National level…..and the news arrived…. without any announcement this year also. Kudos, to the Indian Government and the awards committee for their absolute consistency in not recognising the contributions of our Mellisai Mamannar MSV for yet another time! I am shell shocked by the consistency of this committee!!

One great similarity between the 58th Republic day and Our Master is that his musical journey is as old, or as slightly older than our Republic day! It is a national shame that even the State Government ironically headed by persons from the tinsel world has really not moved it's coins in the right direction to get this looooooooooooooong pending issue sorted out. MSV per sey is not a person who goes after awards but, we the rasikas feel that gross injustice had been done, continues to be done in not according due recognition that he absolutely deserves. I would also take this opportunity to question the “powers that be” as to, what are the criteria for awarding an individual or in plain language may I ask are these awards being “bought” these days? It really hurts people like us to see MSV’s services not being recognized by his own fellow country men or is it the misfortune of this Genius to have been born in our country?? Leading dailies have been crying foul for many years about this apathy but sadly no one has ever come forward to propose his name and may we know the reasons atleast now please??? It’s been too long and too late also.

MSV is the rarest of rare music gems ever produced by India and that an award of this kind will only reward the award in itself for, his knowledge in music and his capacity to unleash quality music even now at the age of 80 (I had been to many of his recordings in recent times) is infinite. I was also stunned by this gem’s spontaneity to create tunes after tunes and not even one will ever have a similarity between them!!! MSV has not only mesmorised millions of people across the world with his absolute melodies but has also created many musicians and singers who are still performing. MSV has also used maximum number of instruments in his orchestra paving way for a new trend & dimension in Music Direction. Few of them whom (I have access to) I have spoken to and met with say that, he is an unparalleled Music Creator of this country. Our levels of expression after all through alphabets though, will not reach the stunning heights of musical God. But, unfortunately there is no degree beyond the superlative to describe the achievements of this Genius of a composer!!! This is an experience which ought to be experienced by one and cannot be measured in words or human action. Such is the level of mental quality of this person blessed by Goddess Sarawathi who always carries with him besides musical extravaganza of highest quality and melody, a sublime behaviour and one who just lives “HUMAN” day in and day out. Shri. MSV richly deserves only the Bharath Ratna and nothing less or else.

BOTTOM LINE FACT IS

AN AWARD DELAYED IS AN AWARD DENIED
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nethi Adi !!!
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each and every line touching our heart.

The Central and State Government must take steps for that.
srandy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is an award given to the great man MSV, then the award would stay honoured!!!!

Cheers
&y
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: