"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"First" Statistics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: "First" Statistics Reply with quote

Dear All,

The following may be interesting and informative. Here we go:

1.First TMS's solo song in MSV-TKR Music
2.First TMS solo in MSV's Music
3.First P.Susheela's solo in MSV-TKR Music
4.First P.Susheela's solo in MSV's Music
5.First ever TMS-PS duet in MSV-TKR's Music
6.First LRE's song in MSV-TKR Music
7.First SPB's Song in MSV's Music (Iyarkai Ennum)
8.First PBSreenivas song in MSV-TKR's Music
9.First Song of Seerkazhi in MSV-TKR's Music
10.First ever song sung by MSV in Tamil Films

Please keep adding more...
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans -The first Songs Reply with quote

Dear Ram ,
Breaking the silence at the site over the last near 8 days or so, you have opened this 'risky' thread though a fine item indeed. Why I cal it risky is, but for the later entrants all well known singers [except those of the late 60s] and MMs have entrenched themselves in TFM for more than 55 years plus. At best, one can quote from memory, only with a prospect of the information being inaccurate because, picking a song by its real origin by date is a task except by archive information.
For instance, actually, SPB's first Tamil song was with LRE for HOTEL RAMBA [ MD MSV].But even today many fans of SPB believe that, his first song in TF was 1000 nilavae vaa [MD KVM]. Therefore it will be a knife-edge walk unless everyone is willing to amend his / her long acceptance. Any way I am not against the thread. I merely feel the need to indicate open-minded approach to anticipate 'correctives' from other perceptions. Let me add a few items [ready to accept corrections if suggested authentically].
MSV'S FIRST HUMMING -'Maalai soodum maNa naaL'
THOGAYARA-'Thazhayam poo mudichu'
SONG -'Anbu malar aasai malar'
P. Jeyachandran's I song [ MSV] - 'Thanga silai pol' -MaNippayal
Ms Vani Jayaram I song [MSV] - 'Malligai'- Dheerga sumangali

Others may please add to the list and make it a new approach as the songs carry historic value to those involved in the making of them.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: First song statistics Reply with quote

Dear all,
As Professor said, this is a task which every one would try to overtake without having to take risk. More so when it involves a time scale of 4 to 5 decades. However, to my little knowledge, I would like to clarify one point. There is a wide spread discussion about SPB's first Tamil song. As far as my knowledge goes, it is neither Aayiram Nilavae Vaa, nor the song from Hotel Ramba. It was SP Kothandapani who brought SPB to both Tamil and Telugu films. The first song recorded in SPB's voice in Tamil is from the film Kuzhandai Ullam, the song being "Muthuchippikkulae oru Poovandu". The song was recorded simultaneously in Tamil and Telugu. But the Tamil version of the film was released very late by which time the film Adimaippenn. Hotel Ramba and Shanthi Nilayam songs were recorded. Eventually the claim goes to other songs except the real first song. More so in case of Vaani Jayaram. She was brought to Tamil by Shankar-Ganesh, Oridam from the film Veettukku Vandha Marumagal. But in both their cases the first hit song happened to be from our Masters - Iyarkai ennum & Malliga en mannan mayangum.
With regards,
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran
irenehastings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romba kashtamaana vishayamthaan.

Sammandhapatta avangalaaga sonnaalthaan undu.

Ragavendhar sir,

You told about SPB's first song and Vani's first song. But I think, here they are discussing about their 'First song with MSV' and not their 'First song in Tamil'. But regarding Vani, before 'Malligai' song, she sang 'sweet sixteen' in Sollathaan Ninaikiren.
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FIRST SONG for Superstar Rajnikant in movies was by MM in MM (Moodru Mudichu).
Vasantha kaala nadhigalile...
Rajni-ku romba oru diffrent-ana voice venumnu try panni parthu sari pattu varale. Finally, MSV avargale paadinatha oru interview-la sonnar...

It will be terrific...

Another musical by our MM with KB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: