"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Articles &Writings by Fans --Polite storms of MSV-[TKR]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans --Polite storms of MSV-[TKR] Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I have chosen a title that looks to be an oxymoron as it refers to storms in polite looks. I felt the need to touch upon numbers that are excellent but are not widely held in popularity. The obvious intention of mine is to pile up these gems to unearth the hidden treasure. Not being given to skills of "sound" analysis of songs, I have to stay contended with my peripheral observations. I am confident that our friends would launch their analytic survey of these. I list here just a sample to show what a colossus has MSV been systemativcally churning out silent charms[storms?] over his entire tenure as MD.
Also in brief, I try to just mention the broad features typical to each item. Numbers given are NOT BASED on rating but to merely suggest a sequence in the list.
1] Angum ingum paadhai undu SPB .One feels a conveying of sympathetic emotions largely infused by "compressed" uttering of words in the lyric.MSV is visible in the course of every line rendered in polite volume.

2] Kanaa kaaNum kaNgal mella ---SPB .Another beauty from MSV- SPB effort that effortlessly caresses the mood of the listener.An excellent piece where so much of impact is created by the sheer nuances of tune variations holding the listener in tight grip and abruptly leaving us in awe as the song ends,

3] Ennai thottu senrana kaNgal -- PBS, PS. A song that readily escapes precise classification by virtue of its being a treasure of nuances bundled in one,[Only to-day Mr.Ramakrishnan has suggested of this number being a waltz item] What occurred to me was this song can be brought on the list of songs where singers sustain breathe for a long time while delivering the articulate nuances of the composer. [MOOCHU VIDAAMAL PAADUVADHAI UNARALAAM] But polite in decibels.

4] Idhazhe idhazhe thaen vaendum -- SPB and [PS?] Another polite but a fast tune song. Interludes swiftly pep up the mood for charanams where the moaning female interjects embellish the mood of the song.

5] Mngai oru thingaL --- SPB Another polite song where transit from pallavi shows a swift shift and therefore interludes are rather spaced apart much due to long charaNam lines. CharaNams look like twin stretches running in one sweep. Quite a delightful composition.

6] Mounamae paarvaiyal -- PBS . A well known number where [as usual of MSV] the interludes and stanzas of charaNam form a seamless circle mutally leading each other.

7] Mazhaikkaalamum Panikkaalamum -- P. Jeyachandran and
Vaani jayaram .
An excellent number that opens with a long prelude 'aalapana' by VJ. This is another grand number where voice and percussions look made for each other in a typical MSV ensemble. Rapid singing with quick adaptation to tune variations reveals the class of singers and MSV. A well sung song not much sung by listeners.
[ Manidhar Pizhindhu eduththirukkiraar paadagarkaLai.]

8] Ninnaiyae rathi endru ---- P Jeyachandran
A soporific lullaby that does not let you sleep as you enjoy the half awake state through the song and regeret that the song has ended, as is the case with all beauties.

9] Oru Osaiyindri mounamaai -P Jeyachandran The song has a soothing play of flute. The theme is quite heavy rendered in absolutely polite /mellowed note. PJ reveals his class again.

10] Ponnenbaen siru poovenbaen PBS and SJanaki
A melodious sweep embellished by a dedicated orchestration that perpetually stays fresh after years of arrival. Another seamless beauty that shares a common feature "beauty" all over .

Where are those low decibel high decimal beauties that keep lingering once we hear them? Certainlywe are deprived of quality in the name of modernity.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: A classy sixer out of the Blue!!! Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman,

That was a real classy sixer out of the blue (though you were out of site / sight for sometime Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )!! A fantastic selection that had all the qualities of not only great music but a great way to present it too. The song Oru Osaiyinri Mounamaga could literally melt anything in this universe. Months back when I sang this song for our Legend, he really liked it said, enna varthaigal appa!! He is sooooooooo gullible he spoke about the lyrics instead of his own music!!!! A great soul to be with. Prof. Raman, simply astounding write-up. Guide us further please!!!

Cheers to Prof Raman
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Ram

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

All the songs listed by you lives 'perfect' to this thread title... Wonderful numbers and your brief description on each of the songs, adds great value to the song as well as to the topic.
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Your writing on a few wonderful numbers of MM was itself a POLITE STORM !

Let the storm intensify and blow furthur with more plesant rigours.

WIth love
Ramki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: