"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The TONE OF MSV's BONGO"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear RamNRamakrishnan,

A great article on MSV's Bango usage and infact right from my schooldays I had developed a great fascination to his Bango beats of varieties in many of this songs and it is very interesting to note that you too are in the same boat.

Two of bango numbers that come to my mind instantly are :

"Paavai paavai thaan" from EngaMama
and
"Kankalukkenna kaaval Illaiyo" from NilGavaniKaathali.

(there are innumerable numbers we can keep on listing !)

All attempts by me to reproduce them in my college orchestra
failed miserably.

Excellent writing ! Pl continue.

Regards
Ramki
Vatsan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Bongos/Congos Reply with quote

Excellent heart felt write-up. puthayal thEdi alayum ulagil.....idayam vasam irunthAl thAn mEnmai endru ezhuthiya idayathhirkku vaNakkangaL. But MSV does that to all of us too Smile

Slightly inching towards his Congos, indru vantha intha mayakkam, banzai ...kAthal paravaigaL .....Congos should be grateful to MSV, as several other sOga ragaas that were shown their other (and several) facet(s) in the magical mirror of MSV's music.

paruvam enathu pAdal....is another case of a bongo extravaganza...peerless not another composer has come anywhere close.

peN pOnAl....the bongo usage belongs to another superior planet...even bongos seem to adopt a feel here..there is this other worldly charm. The composition itself is most intriguing, quite impossible to discern where MSV came from, while composing this song.

In "adiyENdi asattu peNNE" , the tune naturally lends itself to waltz and any other composer would have been happy belting out a conventional waltz rhythm, no, not MSV. There is slow Bongo beat, carefully masked as overall softness had to be maintained, maracass ofcourse and the most beautiful of all, tumba playing out a quick rhythm phrase.

MSV has this perfect metronym playing out the most intricate tempos all at once, along with his heart beat.

Arent we all right when we say MSV's music comes from...sorry...through his heart !!!
msvramki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள ராமென்ராம்கி,

எம் எஸ் வி யின் பாங்கோ உபயோககப் பாங்கு பற்றிய உங்கள் உள்ளத்தின் அடிமட்டத்திலிருந்த வரிகளால் எழுதப்பட்ட அலசல்
அருமையோ அருமை.

இன்று இதற்காகவே நேரம் ஒதுக்கி, உங்கள் எழுத்தைப் பலமுறை படித்து, பரவசத்த்துடன் இந்த பதிப்பை எழுதுகிறேன்.

சோகம், காதல், தத்துவம், விரக்தி, கிண்டல், even மகிழ்ச்சி என்ற எந்தச் சூழலையும் தெள்ளென உணரவைக்க, நாம் அதனுடன் ஒன்ற்றக்கலக்க, 'பாங்கோ' வை perfect ஆக இணைத்து இசையமைத்த மெல்லிசைமாமன்னரின் ஆற்றல் அளவற்றது !!
அதனுள் புகுந்து அதன் அழகை என் போன்றவர்களுக்கு உணரவைத்த உங்கள் ஆற்றல் மேன்மை பெற்றது.

"எம் எஸ் வியின் இசைப் பரிமாணங்கள்" என்ற தலைப்பில் நீங்கள் ஒரு 'டாக்டரேட்' பட்டம் வாங்க வேண்டும் ! These words are coming from my bottom of heart (as your analysis of MSV's creations) and I mean it . Why not some of our MSVTIMES members who are capable of analysing the length, breadth, depth and hence the beauty of MSV's Music start this process with a University ? This will, not only give you a lifetime satisfaction, apart from becoming a 'Doctor' but also make the world realise the sort of wonders our Master has quietly created for almost half-a-centrury, letting the followers driving on that, taking all
laurels just like that !

Shall we go together to a University to submit your 'Doctorate ' application ? When ?

With tonnes of regards
Ramki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: