"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ithu Irava pagala?-Neela Malargal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravikumar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Ithu Irava pagala?-Neela Malargal Reply with quote

Ithu irava paga - Neela Malargal

In his 50+ years of contribution to the TFM, MSV has churned out tens of thousands of songs. It is almost impossible for any one to claim having listened to each and every one of his songs, except for the Master himself. Even today, I am finding plethora of songs which I was appreciating all thru my life without knowing that it was composed by MSV. It is a wonder how he kept up with the changing trend and taste of TFM fans without compromising the musical tradition and quality.

One has to listen to his songs at different periods to understand this metamorphosis. Compare his beginning day innovative scores like Hello Mr. Jamindar vs his mammoth electronics avatar in Ninaithale Inikkum. What a complete change and transformation of style and signature, showing another facet of his infinite dimensions!! I can bet if not for the sudden demise of his best pal, Kaviarasar Kannadhasan, MSV would still be in reign of TFM kingdom and would have prevented the current day weed. You will notice this in the steady decline - just on the number of movies, not the quality - after 1981.

May be it is just God's will of showing us what good music is. May be we all would not be appreciating MSVs music so much if we haven't listened to current day songs. May be we would have taken it for granted like the fans of yesteryears did. I recollect Kalaivanar's saying about film industry - one has to keep his feet wiggling even when asleep, if not the industry would think that he is dead. MSV stayed put just as a composer - rather than a marketing wiz. There wouldn't have been a separate thread like 'Rare songs' had he did that. (BTW, can I suggest, the topic be changed to 'MSV Songs not heard often' or something like that instead of 'Rare songs of MSV')

But I cherish taking the pain to search for quality songs which I have heard once or twice on the Radio. It is like diving deep in to the ocean hunting for the rare pearls leaving alone the weed floating abundantly above the water.

One such song I used to love in my young days was this song from Neela malargal. A remake of Hindi version (Anuraag) this movie was directed by Krishnan-Panju. Lyrics were by Kaviarasar. Ithu Irava pagala was catching my attention because of its unique style.

The entire song is based on a blind woman wondering about the characteristics of Mother Nature to her fiancé. She would be asking questions to him. In reply he would be asking questions back to her that would stand as explanations or answer with a comparable object (what is this grammar called anyways – eduthukaattu uvamai ani or tharkuripetral ani) A beautiful concept indeed and very well composed just to focus on the lyrics, with soothing interludes. The wonderful arrangements of charanams with humming make this song a charm. Sung by KJY and VJ.

Idhu iravaa pagalaa?
nee nilavaa kathiraa?
Idhu vanamma maaLigaiyaa?
nee malaraa Oviyamaa?

Megam enbathum minnal enbathum arugil illaya?
Un Koonthal enbathil poocharam veippathu arivaa illaya?
Idhu kaniyaa kaayaa?
Athai kadithal theriyum.
Idhu paniyaa mazhayaa?
Enai anaithaal theriyum..

Thendral vanthathum vanna poongodi enthanal asainthathu?
Thannai maranthu kathal kaninthu ondrai inainthathu.
Ithu kuyila kuzhala?
Un kuralin sugame
Ithu mayila maana?
Avai unthan iname

Paalin niramum thenin niramum ondrai kaanuma?
Poovai kannamum kovai ithazhum ondrai aaguma?
Ingu kili thaan azhaga?
Un azhage azhagu..
Intha ulagam peritha?
Nam urave perithu

Though the movie is a remake this song is entirely different from the hindi version 'vo kya he'.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ravi,

Romba arumaya ezhuthiyirukeenga...
Actually, MM should be honoured for completing 50 years in TFM industry.
(I am not sure whether the TF industry has done that).

Coming back to the song. What a lovely and melodious song. Beautiful uasge of Guitar, Veenai, Violin, Bongos, Saxophone (I think so) along with beautiful humming. Bongos beat will come throughout the song. A great song. That is the quality of our MM.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Rare songs Reply with quote

Dear friend,
You have mentioned that you would like to join the club. Frankly, WE ALL WOULD INVITE YOU TO THIS FORUM, as we are more than convinced that understanding MSV would never be complete and final. It calls for everyone's perception to marginally pick out some facets of the legend. Please contact the core crew and proceed further by posting your individual views or collections of information on MMs. Welcome.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Rare Songs of MSV Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ravikumar,
An absolutely delightful and authentic assertion about MSV the composer and your philosophic reference to the visible deprivation of quality now in TF music. I have no hesitation to say that this posting of yours has magnificently brought out the writer in you. Please bring 'him' out and electrify the scenario. I am quite happy that fans of MSV are indeed people of enviable calibre. May God bless you.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: