"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pudayal- landmark album for VR duo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s ramaswamy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: pudayal- landmark album for VR duo Reply with quote

Hi all,

The movie Pudayal made in the mid-1950s was instrumental in skyrocketing VR duo to superstardom, but most fans think that the only notable no. in this album was the cult duet of PS-CSJ "Vinnodum Mugilodum".

Agreed, Pudayal is synonymous with that great song, but there are other equally enchanting songs - espcially by PS whose honey-soaked voice just lifts one's spirits be it the opnening one by Pattukkottai Kalayanasundaram - "Chinna Chinna Izhai Pinni Varum" or the chorus no. again accompanied and enriched bythe wonderful BGM of VR, "Thanga Mohana Thamaraiye", one of PS's sweetest ever nos without doubt.

But the mindblowing song in this list is the sad PS solo, "AAdum Alai melae", with Chandrababu beginning the song with his soulful violin solo. This Punnagavarali no. of PS reminds me a lot of two later songs by her under the same tutelage of VR, in "Paalum Pazhamum" - Indha naadagam anda medayil ethanai naalamma - and in "Ananda Jothi" kaala magal kan thirappal chinnayya". Simply soulful and breathtaking singing and music in all three songs, the pathos can be measured by weight, it seems!
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And who can forget the song "Unakkaaga ellam unakkaaga..." by Chandrababu.
What a song it is, with luvly violin and guitar.
Another great song in VR-Chandrababu combo...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr S.Ramaswamy, I am so glad that I am not alone in admiring the entire collection of songs from "Pudhaiyal". It is known that the concerned group went to the site of the weavers to get the feel of the movement to compose "chinna chinna....". The song is doubly great when the lilt changes to a faster pace.
The intro to the song Thanga Mohana Thamarayae is one of the best if not the best. Starting with the guitar strumming, the stroke style of which I have not heard in any song, it is followed by a heavy polyphonic music involving the violins[strings], Hawaiian Guitar and the Xylophone in counter melodies.The wooden stand up Bass that accompanies this section is stunningly beautiful.
With the advent of electronic key board and sequencers we are running out of players to give this quality of music.My day is full of prayers of Thanks To God that it was recorded and that too under the great MSV.
When the time comes for a revival there will be some thing for true music lovers to study.Chakravarthy
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Please listen the Puthaiyal title music from the link below.

http://www.msvtimes.com/music/bgm/bgm.html

What an outstanding music, orchestration and what a way to convey so many different emotions in this few minute piece. This piece is yet another standing testimony that MSV had musical sense and perception, way ahead of times!!

Composer Extraordinaire !!!!!

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: UNCHALLENGED COMPOSING PROWESS!!! Reply with quote

Hey Ram,

Absolutely true. Remember the day we (you, me & your dad)) listened to this title from Puthial and were awestruck without words!!! You were dead right...... MSV STOOD WAY AHEAD OF TIMES......AND HE STILL IS!!!!!!!

UNCHALLENGED COMPOSING PROWESS OF MSV IN EVERY SECOND OF THIS TITLE!!!!

Thank you Mr. Ramaswamy for your inference on Puthial. The title says it all..... Well its an absolute Puthial from Puthial!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Ram

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

How can I forget that moment, we all listened to that piece in your office, midnight, full blown speakers..... I was listening for the first time, ofcourse, not you! The impact of the music of this sort really made me crazy leaving me with a question "How on this earth is this music possible ???????"

Still the title music and this question continue to haunt me !!!! Shocked

This sort of Music is possible ONLY by MSV. The other person to do a similar music is.......(am doing a GOOGLE search in my mind)

SORRY, IT CAN ONLY BE MSV !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: