"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"PAADAL PIRANDHA KADHAIGAL" by Saradha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting observation from VIJAY TV PROG.

Chandrababu was close friend of MSV( we all know that).
MSV always use to make fun of him and inturn chandrababu refuse to dance for particular song "INTHA MUSIC KU DANCE AADA MUDIYATHU and suggested MSV to compose another tune. All of a sudden MSV danced for that tune in front of every one and made to him to accept that.

Interestingly MSV learned dance also for a year.

regards
ramesh
sridhar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the best two of Chandrababu's songs are Sirippu Varudhu, Sirippu Varudhu, I think in Andavan Kattalai and Porandalum ambilliya from Policekaran Magal. Sirippu Varudhu, in particular is a classic, the orchestra, the beat, the violin chorus, the saxaphone all in perfect harmony. The background laughter has a beat and tone of its own and the way MSV weaves the violin chorus in perfect sync with the laughter and the humming is out of the world, especially Laradhiya, laridhiya, laradhiya, Laradhiya all with violin chorus in tandem (you feel the violin talking), there is a guitar interlude and laughter, a split second silence and Chandrababu picks up "medai eari pogumpodu " to the fast beat, out of the world. I have not seen the movie, but hope the picturization did justice to the song composition. BTW, I personally feel those days lot of the filimg and song sequences visually did not do justice to the maestro's music.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The background laughter has a beat and tone of its own and the way MSV weaves the violin chorus in perfect sync with the laughter and the humming is out of the world, especially Laradhiya, laridhiya, laradhiya, Laradhiya all with violin chorus in tandem (you feel the violin talking), there is a guitar interlude and laughter, a split second silence and Chandrababu picks up "medai eari pogumpodu " to the fast beat, out of the world.

Dear sridhar

How beautifully MSV synchornised guitar piece &laughter (AAAHHAAA).
my favourite number and as you mentioned out of the world orchestra.
Thanks for bringing out this number.

regards
ramesh
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR SRIDHAR,

I FULLY AGREE WITH YOUR CONCLUDING LINES IN THE POST.THE PICTURISATION & SITUATIONS OF THE MASTERS COMPOSITION HAVE IN MAJORITY HAVE BORNE THIS INJUSTICE.ONE,OUR CINEMA DIDNT HAVE A CULTURE FOR ART CINEMA,OR AT LEAST WHAT IS REFERRED TO AS "MIDDLE CINEMA".THE ATTEMPTS ARE EVEN FEW.

I ALWAYS DREAMT OUR MASTER COMPOSING FOR THE LIKES OF SATYAJIT RAY,ADOOR GOPALAKRISHNAN ,AKIRA KUROSAWS WHEN I WATCH THEIR MOVIES.

TO A CERTAIN EXTENT K BALACHANDAR HAS DONE JUSTICE TO HIS WORK IN THIS REGARD AND ALSO DIRCTOR SRIDHAR.ANOTHER NOTABLE IS LATER DAY BHIMSINGH HANDLING JAYAKANTHAN NOVELS(SILA NERANGALIL SILA MANITHARGAL,ORU NADIGAI NAADAGAM PAARKIRAL,UNRELEASED PUDUCERUPPU KADIKKUM- THIS MOVIE HAS A MARVELLOUS SPB NUMBER -CHITTIRAPPU SELAI,SIVANDHA MUGAM...)

WHAT TO DO? THE GENIUS IS NOT FATED FOR ALLTHIS.

WITH LOTS OF 'AATHANGAM"

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saradhaji

Why no posts ?! Pl bring to light more interesting info on old songs
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Seeing the reerence to Chandrababu and his friendship to MSV, quite a few things appear from my memory. They had been very thick chums as was Nagesh to later. The brisk MSV can be easily laid off by touching his waist, off guard. At this, MSV can not hold his laughter and so too his composure and would chase Nagesh off the venue. It has been done in a friendly gesture. [ Imagine the TOM and JERRY hot chase between Nagesh and MSV. Incidentally much of the presentations of Nagesh in Kadalikka neramillai are from the inspiration he derived from the Hollywood Comedian Jerry Lewis. In that Oho productions office scene the photo is that of Jerry Lewis; by every consideration the name Jerry fits Nagesh well].
One of the recent references of MSV on his old friends makes a heavy reading.
" I have known two persons intimately well. One never had a SUNSET -that was KaNNadasan , the other never had SUNRISE that was Chandra babu"
His statement is crisp and pithy, suggesting truth in the simplest of terms.
I thought I should share this to show the intimacy between MSV and a few whom we know.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof.sir

interesting informations about the affection between MSV sir and Nagesh. The one you mentioned about Jerry Lewiss, somebody told same thing in the function, to felicitate Nagesh (it is CVR or Vasanth, not sure).

His silent comedy (with veerappan) in 'Panathottam' was the exact dito of J.L. But later Nagesh improved in his own way.
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add one more small incident about "Viswanathan Velai Venum"...
Antha paatu compose pannaravaraikum Balaiah character-ku name vekalayam...
composing pothudhan Viswanathannu per vecharam Sridhar.

Sonnadhu needhana… what a beautiful song… excellent Sitar and Tabla…
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: THAYAGATHIN SUDANTHIRAMAY - PIRANTHA KATHAI Reply with quote

as written by Muthulingam , in Thuklak.

maduraiai meeta sundara pandian - MGR ' s last film , before he took over as TN cm .

many songs were written , and tunes were made , but MGR was not convinced .for more than a month.

MGR had left for mysore , and the responsibility of getting the Ok , wrested with Muthulingam .
MSV , tuned many , and send the cassetes through Muthulingam , and MGR was happy but needed 4 tunes to be clubbed in to one .

Muthulingam was stunned , as the tunes selected by MGR were different from each other . With lot oif hesitation , muthulingam asked MGR , and MGR had told , Muthulingam , to tell MSV to do medley of tunes .and he knows to do how
tHe same thing was done , and came out a wonderful , no , a Gambeeramana song
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

பாடல் பிறந்த கதைகள் - 7
---------------------------------
தன்னிடம் ஒரு அம்பாஸிடர் கார் இருந்தும், தன் நண்பரொருவர் வைத்திருந்த வெளிநாட்டுக்கார் மீது கண்ணதாசனுக்கு ஆவல். நண்பரும் அதை விற்கப்போகிறார் என்பதைக்கேள்விப்பட்ட கவிஞர், அதைத்தனக்கே தரவேண்டுமென்று விலையும் பேசிவிட்டார். முழுப்பணமும் கொடுக்க கண்ணதாசனிடம் பணமில்லை. எனவே மூன்றில் ஒரு பங்கு பணம் அப்போதே தருவதாகவும், பாக்கியை விரைவில் தந்துவிடுவதாகவும் சொல்ல ந்ண்பரும் சம்மதித்தார். அதுமுதல் கவிஞர் அந்தக்காரை தன்னுடைய கார் போலவே கனவு காணத்துவங்கினார். மறுநாள் காலை நண்பரிடம் இருந்து வெளிநாட்டுக்காரை எடுத்து வருவதாக ஏற்பாடு.

ஆனால் முதல்நாள் அந்த நண்பரின் மற்ற நண்பர்கள் சிலர், 'கண்ணதாசன் கொடுக்கல் வாங்கலில் ரொம்ப மோசமென்றும், அவருக்கு ஊரைச்சுற்றி நிறைய கடன் இருப்பதாகவும், எனவே நண்பரின் பாக்கிப்பணம் வசூலாவது கடினம்' என்றும் சொல்ல நண்பர் உஷாரானார்.

('இந்தியாவின் ஜனாதிபதியைப்போல சம்பாதித்தும்கூட, இந்தியாவைப்போல கடன் வாங்கியவர் கண்ணதாசன் ' என்று கவிஞரைப் பற்றி ஒரு சொல்வழக்கு உண்டு).

மறுநாள் காலை கவிஞர் குளித்து, உணவருந்திவிட்டு, வண்டியை எடுத்துவர தன் ஓட்டுனருடன் நண்பர் வீட்டுக்குச் செல்ல, நண்பரோ குண்டைத்தூக்கிப்போட்டார். ‘அந்த கார் தனக்கு ராசியானது என்றும், அதைவிற்க தன் மனைவிக்கும் மற்றவர்களுக்கும் விருப்பமில்லை’ என்றும் கூற, கவிஞர் ஏமாற்றத்துடன் வீடு திரும்பினார். தான் ஆசைப்பட்டு தனதாகவே நினைத்திருந்த கார் தனக்கு கிடைக்கவில்லையே என்ற வருத்தம் அவர் மனதில் தங்கியிருந்தது.

அன்று பிற்பகல் இரண்டு மணிக்கு, இயக்குனர் ராமண்ணா இயக்கத்தில் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். நடித்து வந்த 'பணக்கார குடும்பம்' படத்துக்கு ஒரு சோகப்பாடல் எழுத அமர்ந்த கவிஞருக்கு அன்று காலை நடந்த சம்பவம் மனதைக்குடைய, பல்லவியை இப்படி துவங்கினார்....

"பல்லாக்கு வாங்கப்போனேன் ஊர்வலம் போக - நான்
பாதியிலே திரும்பி வந்தேன் தனிமரமாக".

ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்பு சகோதரி சாரதா அவர்களுக்கு,
தங்களுடைய பதிவு நீண்ட நாட்களுக்குப் பிறகு.... மிக்க மகிழ்ச்சி. அதுவும் மிகவும் அரிதான ஒரு நினைவுப் பரிமாற்றத்துடன்...

நன்றி. தொடர்ந்து தங்கள் பங்களிப்பை எதிர்நோக்குகிறோம்.

அந்த நண்பர் யார் என்று அறிய மனம் ஆவலாயுள்ளது.

சஸ்பென்ஸ் உடையுமா

பொறுத்திருப்போம்.

அன்புடன்
ராகவேந்திரன்
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: 4rticles Reply with quote

Dear Saradha mam,

This is your second posting after a gap.How I wish you come back in your characteristic flamboyance, at least to enthuse our new comers by your punchy forthright onslaught that can tear to shreds all antagonists in one stroke.
Warm regards Prof. Camp: Mumbai
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,
The song 'Pallaakku vaanga ponaen' has acquired a new dimension now after this background story of its birth! The sadness is even more meaningful now. The song, however, has its own melancholy with the shehnai, tabla, santoor, the voice of TMS,..

Thanks Madam for this writeup.
Sai Saravanan
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

இது வரை இணையத்தில் அதிகம் தென்பட்டிராத தகவல் மற்றும் நிழற்படம்

பாவ மன்னிப்பு திரைப்படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற ஒரு பாடலை உருவாக்க மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்குத் தேவைப்பட்ட காலம் ஆறு ஆண்டுகளும் 15 நாட்களும் ...

என்ன வியப்பாக உள்ளதா...

இப்படித் தான் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் கேட்கிறார்..

பாவ மன்னிப்பு பாடல் பதிவிற்கு ஆறு ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன் ஒரு பாடலை கண்ணதாசன் எம்.எஸ்.வி.யிடம் தந்து ஏதாவது ஒரு சந்தர்ப்பத்தில் பயன் படுத்திக் கொள்ள சொல்கிறார். அதை அப்படியே செய்வதாக சொல்லியிருந்தார் மெல்லிசை மன்னர். பாவ மன்னிப்பு படத்தில் ஒரு பாடலுக்கு வெகு நேரமாக யோசித்தும் மெட்டு புலப்படவில்லை. ஹார்மோனியத்தில் கண் வைத்தவாறு யோசனை செய்கிறார் மெல்லிசை மன்னர். கண்ணதாசன் ஆறு ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன் தந்த பாடல் நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது. அப்பாடலை எடுத்து பார்க்கிறார். சிந்திக்கிறார்.

இரவு நேரங்களில் சாந்தோம் கடற்கரையிலிருந்து மீனவர்கள் முன்னிரவு நேரத்தில் ஏதோ ஒரு பாடலை பாடிய படி பொழுதைக் கழிக்கின்றனர். நெஞ்சை வருடிச் செல்லும் அந்த இனிய பாடல் அவருக்கு நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது. அதனை எண்ணிய படியே அப்போதைக்கு பாடல் பதிவு ஒத்திவைக்கப் படுகிறது. பிறகு மெல்லிசை மன்னர்கள் இருவரும் ஒரு ஆங்கிலப் படத்திற்கு செல்கின்றனர். திரைப்படம் துவங்கும் முன் ஆங்கிலப் பாடல் அல்லது இசை ஒலிக்கும். அன்று ஒலித்த அந்த இசையைக் கேட்டு அவர்கள் வியப்புறுகின்றனர். அந்த செம்படவர் பாடிய அதே மெட்டில் இந்த ஆங்கிலப் பாடல்... பொறி தட்டுகிறது...

மீண்டும் கவியரசரை அழைக்கிறார்கள். அமர்கிறார்கள். அந்த இரு ட்யூனின் அடிப்படை இனிமையினையும் மென்மையினையும் மட்டும் எடுத்துக் கொண்டு புதியதாக ஒரு மெட்டை உருவாக்குகிறார்கள். கவியரசர் பாடல் வரிகளை சொல்லச் சொல்ல எண்ணி 15வது நிமிடத்தில் பாடல் உருவாக்கம் முடிந்து விட்டது.

ஆறு ஆண்டுகள் 15 நிமிடங்கள் எடுத்துக் கொண்ட அப்பாடல் எது ... தெரியுமா...

விடையைச் சொல்ல முயலுங்கள். அது வரை இந்த அபூர்வமான நிழற்படத்தைப் பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருங்கள்.

http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the song is 'aththaan ennaththaan.'

This song was written by Kavignar based on the lines

கல்லைத்தான்
மண்ணைத்தான்
காய்ச்சித்தான்
குடிக்கத்தான்
கற்பித்தானா?

coined by Sidhdhaas.

Apparently, Kavignar had given this song to some other MDs requesting them to compose a tune for it. But they had said that these lines can't be fitted in a tune. Subsequently, he gave this to MSV.

This was mentioned by MSV once.

But I am not sure about MSV keeping it with him for many years.

I am not sure whether I am right. The only other possibility is Kalangalil aval vasantham which Kavignar is said to have written about his own lover (which had ended in a failure)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: