"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KANNADASAN in Hello Mr.Zamindar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: KANNADASAN in Hello Mr.Zamindar Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Dec'2013 was among the most active months.I feel our friends are yet to come out of the shackles of New Year grip. Except the Greetings of the season, no new topics have appeared. Emboldened by the lull, I have picked up courage to write. The recent telecast of "Hello Mr. Zamindar [Murasu TV] has kindled the spirit of viewing B&W films.

The movie under reference had a long gestation period; but had evoked eagerness -thanks to some brilliant numbers in the combo of KD-MSV-TKR ensemble. People may dismiss it off saying that it was their day then.

To a very great extent the songs exercise a powerful grip over the listener by the 'phrase-tune' confluence ably highlighted by an amazing orchestration through ludes and interludes. It is a movie worth being analyzed for its songs.
Also, this has been another instance where Lyricist-MDs keep perpetually demanding recognition for supremacy and obviously an honest judgment is elusive -as the two match each other every inch.

However, for the sake of making a beginning somewhere, I have started with Kavi Arasu, with the hasty clarification that I do not imagine that MSV-TKR have done any less.
The lyricist [KaNNadAsan] has worked in top gear for all the songs where he has displayed articulation and sophistication as two sides of the same coin- 'simplicity'.

To my knowledge, in the history of TF. Hello Mr. Zamindar was the lone movie to have conceived a song in the Hair dressers' premises, even as it carries the message of dignity of labour.

Yes, I speak of " sondhamumillE bandhamumillE" rendered by GK Venkatesh. How effectively Kannadasan has assembled words to portray the movie situation, deserves greater attention -that would ensue in due time.
Looking forward to participation from friends.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: