"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs composed by MSV/TKR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Songs composed by MSV/TKR Reply with quote

Dear Members, Today while watching the credits of the film Raththa kanneer
A film for some reason I had always avoided watching I saw that the music [ "Isai"] was composed by Chidambaram Jeyaraman and the "Background music" was credited to MSV/TKR. Can someone throw more light on this please.Chakravarthy
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Chakravarthy,
Welcome to this elite MSV Club.
If I am not wrong, for the movie Manamagan or Manamagal, the MDs were
CRSubburaman, GR, MSV and TKR.

So I think that MSV-TKR have scored music (some of them could be re-recording or BGM also) in the early 50s.

However this is a very complicated topic.
Needs to be analysed...

I think the senior members can throw more light on this...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: songs composed by MSV/TKR Reply with quote

Dear Venkat Thanks for the reply. We shall wait and see. The orchestration revealed the strength of the Duo and the magnanimity to do the BGM for other composers. No wonder the melodies and the quality of music was so technically perfect and biologically acceptable [Psychoacoustics]. Even the recording, considering that the equipment used were of very early days have been great. It is the maintenance that has prevented the youngsters from listening to them analytically.I wish the team that helped record Mantovani or Henri Mancini had been available to record MSV/TKR and taken the recordings to the proper archives. I am sure their songs would have been studied and included as part of the curriculum even in western music schools.Chakravarthy
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

You have given a very great start. Its like the debut of Sunil Gavaskar in West Indies in 1970-71.

I have a request. Can you please kindly introduce yourself in the section
"Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games".

Wish to see many more posts like this.

As you said we have to wait and see.
A very good analysis and a great view...

Even I have noted whether its MSV-TKR or MSV, the re-recording and the BGM for the song will be special in their movies and songs.

Whether its Western classical, hindustani classical, carnatic classical, folk or any other form of music...

For eg:
Pudhiya paravai, Vennira aadai, Sivantha Mann, Anbe vaa, Enga mama, bagapirivinai, pattikaada patanama, uyarntha manidhan, utharavindri ullevaa, kudiyirundha koil, kalai koil, kalangarai vilakkam, paava mannipu, pachai vilakku etc..
The list grows...

This class and variety I am not sure whether any other MDs have done this...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: songs composed by MSV/TKR Reply with quote

Dear Venkat, Thanks for your reply.I have updated my profile and it has some information. My e-mail address is also available. I was there in the function also. I was wearing dark glasses and must have looked odd. I was recovering from cataract surgery and could not take the bright lights.
An exposure to music by Mantovani will go a long way in understanding the greatness of MSV several times more. I think they are available in Chennai. I am working on equalizing old songs to restore lost frequencies and reduce the distortion and hope to get the younger generation interested, who have no idea what is available in them, especially the Bass counter point which is in demand now.
I sometimes wonder if MSV has got the spirits of The Carnatic Giants of the past century and Bach infused into him by our Creator. I cannot find any other explanation for his range of capacity. Cynics might argue that the artists in his orchestra did the arrangements. However none of them could sustain as a composer.Therefore it was the melody which dictated the arrangements and the knowledge that he possessed that allowed him to accept only what was sounding good and have control over the product. I will go into the group introduction section some time later.Thanks for the encouragement Chakravarthy.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
You are giving lot of information in each of your posts.
Very nice to know that you are also present in that function.
May be next time we will definitely meet in such a funtion...
Very glad to know about your research...
My best wishes for you...

"I sometimes wonder if MSV has got the spirits of The Carnatic Giants of the past century and Bach infused into him by our Creator. I cannot find any other explanation for his range of capacity."

Excellently narrated about our MSV.

Great job...
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now I saw your profile sir...
Great to know about you...
I was really amazed after reading your interests...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: