"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movies - NENJIRUKKUM VARAI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Movies - NENJIRUKKUM VARAI Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
With nothing to write, I have just been responding to important write-ups in the past few weeks. Accidentally I managed DVD covering 3 CVS movies. As I just had a glimpse of Nenjirukkum varai, I realized there is a lot more than what I had earlier understood at my 19+ age. After a long gap, even a cursory glance promises so much. A detailed analysis is possible in a day or two. Several lines of thought simultaneously flash-up.But, not-so accomplished writers like me have to tread a path of safety and can not afford to quote from earlier memory. So, those who would like to revisit the days 1965-66 may have to wait for some hours ,as I prefer to see the movie and brush up my memory before my attempts on narration. I know there are no 'takers' for such pieces. Impelled by what Mr.Ramki said, I go about it with his suggestion that let it be some documentation on CVS for posterity whether or not people respond. If some one finds it unnecessary, kindly indicate to that effect so that we can avoid wasting the 'other man's time. The purpose of this piece is just to ascertain if this attempt could be undertaken at all.
I am open in my option of writing or otherwise.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR PROF SIR,

FIRST, IF BEING NOT SO ACCOMPLISHED WRITER IS GOING TO BE THE REASON FOR YOU,THEN NONE OF US ARE ENTITLED TO PUT OUR FINGERS TO THE KEYBOARD.IS IT FAIR?

SECOND ,ABSENCE FOR FEEDBACK DOESNT MEAN ABSENCE OF READERSHIP. SINCE YOU WRITE THE EXPERIANCE OF YESTERYEARS ,MAY BE ,THERE IS A LACK OF INSTANTN CONNECTIVITY.BUT ARE"NT SUCH PIECES MORE PRECIOUS?

THIRDLY, I WOULD LIKE TO PINPOINT FROM MY EXPERIENCE.
NALLA ILAKKIYATTHAI SIRU PATHRIKKAI KUZHUKKALTHAN VALARTHEDUKKIDRANNA.AVAIGALIN READERSHIP ENNA THERIYUMA?500 TO 1000 ONLY.

YOUR CVS SERIES IS A WONDERFUL PIECE , POSTERITY WILL JUDGE THIS.

HENCE I FIND NO REASON FOR YOU NOT TO CONTINUE YOUR BEAUTIES.

PLEASE, PLEASE FILL THE INK.

THANKS,

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professorji,
Certainly NV is worth exploring . A movie sans makeup ! and only CVS can dare doing such experiments .
Em kadan pani seithu kidapadhe …. Are we not writing to salute the greats of yesteryears ? Let us continue to tread in that direction. Even giants like MSV , TMS etc never got the honour . Pls carry on with your mission CVS with the same spirit as ever..
As SRS rightly put it, there are readers who may be passive ….
Enge neeyo…naanum ange….. God ! what a musical genius our little Master is !
Muthukalo kangal….thandhavar allava nam mellisai Mannar ….
Await eagerly for your other parts…
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs in this movie are very special in thier own way...
Just like the title of the movie, the songs are also "Nenjirukkum Varai".

1. Muthukalo Kangal - The prelude and the postlude will be of the same note. What a beautiful starting... (think its Guitar and Veena).
2. Enge neeyo - Two versions are there. One with TABLA as bgm and one with BONGOS as bgm. (In the movie the BONGOS version will come).
3. Poomudippal - Paata ketta oru wedding-a live-a partha feeling yerpadum.
4. Nenjirukum engalukum (In this movie this song is written by Vaali) - A very fast with beautiful guitar, drums, flute, whistle, chorus... The song sequence itself will be very nice. Sivaji, Muthu, VG beach road-la appadiya nadathukite paadara mathiri... very natural...
One SJ song and one PS song is also there...

Let the experts do the technical analysis... Smile
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: LET YOUR WRITINGS CONTINUE TO INSPIRE US Reply with quote

Dear Prof,

I absolutely agree with SRS's views on your writings. You have been a big source of inspiration for novice writers like me and if you stop or discontinue your writings for any reason, then you'll only be depriving me of my ability to learn more from your writings. I am sure you wouldn't want to do that. After all, you're a Professor by Profession and your job is to impart knowledge. So let your writings continue. We have been reading all your posts with the same enthusiam with which we started reading the very first time.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: