"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROGRAMMES WITH MSVS SONGS DURING week oct 2-11
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: PROGRAMMES WITH MSVS SONGS DURING week oct 2-11 Reply with quote

Dear MSvians

for the benefit of people like us , we have 2 programmes , one solely to MSV and another to mainly will have msv songs .

a) programme on 2/10/08 - programme SIVAJI ETHANI SIVAJIADI - SONGS ARE From P madhavan directed movies - so we will be hearing raman ethani ramanadi etc .this is at kamarajar arangam . this is organised and conducted by yG mahendran , if i go with last years concert , the quality would be good .

the second programme is on 11/ 10/08 - again at kamarajar arangam by shrutilaya . the singers are SPB and SP sailaja its TRIBUTE TO MELLISAI MANNAR MSV .
so whoever can pls enjoy , the isai amutham

only belief ofcourse , however you try amutham cannot be adulterated

my request , those who come across either our MM programmes can post here so , others who are willing to see /hear can be benefited as well as will be record fr the future
thanks
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Programme on MM Reply with quote

Dear Modulator,

Persons like me who are registered members of MSV times and liiving
out of Chennai may not be able to see/attend programmes on MM held on stage in Chennai.

For such ardent followers/fans, after the event a brief report can be posted in MSV times bringing out the highlights of the programme and ofcourse songs played etc.

Hope this request will be taken care

Vasudevan
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Raghavan Sir,

Your request is very valid. For posting a write-up about any programme, the core crew should have the info first. So anyone who attends the programme should give a synopsis to the Core Crew members (if they are not participants in the forum) and the core crew would make sure it gets posted here.

The feedback can be even few lines, photos, videos, articles online, scanned magazines etc. Even a small bit of info carries a huge value!

As a side note, even am living (far) away from Chennai and I eagerly await reports from people who attend the functions! Very Happy
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Speak to members Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Raghavan Vasudevan
A couple of minutes ago I saw your appeal to the moderator asking for detailed information on the recent concert by MSV on Piano at Chennai[28-09-08]. As a matter of fact this event brought forth the fastest response from many who attended the event. The concert was over by 9.40 pm or so on that day. Postings started appearing fro 29-09-08 on wards. In fact, a separate thread was opened by the site managers and all such pieces of writings and related responses numbering a dozen or so are under the difeerent captions the key among them being the thread called 'MSV's Piano concert -Experiences -II. Reports from various members and press clippings that appeared before and after the event have all been appended. May be for want of information, you have sought help on this. Kindly visit the various postings and offer your responses. Though you have addressed your requirement to the moderator, I have responded with the intention of helping you on the matter. Please do not take it otherwise.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr raghavan

i will try and cover the programme on 11/10 - of course , if none of the better hands, like mahesh cannot do that,
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.VK,
Oru nimisham ungaloda intha line padichuttu naan engeyooo poyten... Smile
i will try and cover the programme on 11/10 - of course , if none of the better hands, like mahesh cannot do that,

Etho ennal iyandra varayil I am sharing my experience in my own simple style avlothan...

But your lines are very encouraging. Thanks a lot... Very Happy

I am not sure whether I could make it for that show.

If you attend the program, please proceed with your coverage in style like you always do...

But whichever program about/on our MM, I attend, will definitely share my experience in the best way I can...
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mahesh

i consider you one of the top ten active, good writters in this forum

i am planning to be there , let me try to be as good as you

chakkari illa ooril , illupai poo chakarai -

thanks
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.VK,

Thanks for the compliments... Very Happy

I am so happy to know that you have kept me in top ten.

There is no doubt that you are one among the ten.

Any idea about the Oct 2nd program (Sivaju ethanai Sivajiyadi).
If we talk about P.Madhavan's movie, Neela Vaanam will come to my mind immediately.
Wonderful songs are there.
Oh little flower... Piano, guitar, drums etc., rules the song.
Ohoho odum ennangale...
O Lakshmi O Sheela O Mala...

If you notice all the songs starts with "O".... Smile

Raman Ethanai Ramanadi...
Chithirai madham pournami... wow... what a classy...
Ammadi ponnukku... both versions...
(ippa yaarala ippadiyellam isaiamaikka mudiyum)

Mothathil MSV Rules... (Avar engathan rule-pannala...)
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mahesh

u/f i couldnot attend , as a stream of visitors to my home , to see my daughter . cannot leave her. i missed Ammadi poonukku....as well as oho ho
oum....

think of the song , makes me remember an incident , some 15 years back
we were driving down cathedral road , listening the song oho ho from neela vanam , we saw ,the famous MSV 50 52 ,(M M's black fiat driven by his driver muthu ) passing us , NEAR WOODLANDS
my brother chased that car , and we wished the master , and , my brother screamed THALAIVA , we are listening to yr masterpiece only .
and mM reaction was acknowledgement, with his ever ready broad smile , .
very rarely , we see such gems , who receiprocate warmth to the fans , inspite their personal moods , problems .one another is another MS (MS SUBBULAKSHMI , ANOTHER GREAT .
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: SPBS TRIBUTE TO MM Reply with quote

Let me put in writing what I have enjoyed . however it cannot be equated , no one can when Mm CREATIONS ARE EXHIBITED
The best part of this concert , was singers made a honest effort , to be with the original , and they succeeded also .
It lasted more than 3 ˝ hrs , filled with melodies , not frequently sung on stage shows .
In an introductory speech , SPB mentioned
• Mellisai mannar is more than a father figure to him .
• Avar potta sangeetha pitchaiyae, intha allavu spb vara karanam .
• Melum niraiya padagargal munnukku vara avaraey karanam
• Innum noorandukal annalum , avarudiya padalgal nilaithu nirkkum
• Avarudaiya ella padalgaliyum paada 2-3 varudangal aagum , enavaey meaga nalla aanal
Maediyil paadatha padalgal niraiya konda thoguppu .

Eenni padalgallukku chelvoem , SPB comments are also given

1) AEZHU SWARANGALUKKUL ETHANAI PAADAL – APOORVA RAGANGAL – ORIGINAL VJ SUNG BY MEENAKSHI
A good effort , but original instruments like violin , mirudangam , would have enhanced the beauty of the creation .

2) Iyyargai ennum illaya kaani – shanthi nilayam SPB/ PS in original sung by spb/sailaja

Spb – ennakku marakka mudiyatha sanbhavam /nigatchi intha paddal ennakku muthal paadal
Hotel rambha padathil LReswari udan paadiya Aththanodu endra paadal . padamum varavilli , paadalum veli varavillai , irunthalum ennakku adutha paadal , iyyarakai ennum illayakanni , athan piragu eralamanna padlgal .

3) POURNAMI NILAVIL –KANNIPENN (?) ORI – SPB / S JANAKI ON STAGE SPB/MEENAKSHI
SPB – though I have sung many songs with SJ , I was longing to do the same in tamil , and my first song with SJ in tamil .
ellarum ithu oonga paatu , Enru sollum pothu , Msv used to say , ithu ennudaiya paadal illai , ellorudaiya paadal . ithu oru team work .
athu pol , naan solvaen ennudaiya part in this song will be only 10 %
avaridam irunthu naan niraiya katru kondaen..

TO BE CONCLUDED
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

continued -

spb - namudam , thiru pbs avargallum ullar . our telugu mozhi –I sernthavarai iruppinum , tamizhi –ll
avarukku oyir ootiyavar msv than – athani sirantha padalgal avarukkga koduthar MSV , athaniyum hits.

4) ATHISAYARAAGAM – APOORVA RAGANGAL – ORI – KJJ SUNG ON STAGE BY ANANTHU
SPB – ennudaya close friend ananthu , ennakkana track , avaar than paduvaar . mellisai mannarin valathu karam – rombavum talented
Indha paadal –second part bhairavi –il amainthu irukkirathu
muthal part , raagamaligaiyil amainthu irukkirathu , athil oru abhoorva ragam onrai serkka ninaithu balamurali yai ketka , avaarudaiya suggestion –il 4 swaram konda magathi raagathai serthaar
evallavoo azhagaana composition paarungal .
jesu annavukku oru puthu vazhvu kodutha padal . Itharkku pirugu , avarudaiya career graph , engo uaiyara poivittathu .
a great composition from the maestro .

This song was very well executed , and anathu lived up to comments by Spb , as well as TO MM during his concert at museum theatre .

5) Ithuvarai yaarum athigam paadaatha paatu – (once the song started a big round of applause)
The song was
KETTATHALLAM NAAN THARUVAEN ENNAI NEE – THIKKU THEIYATHA KATTIL

SPB – INTHA PAADALAY , ITHANAI NAAL MISS PAANATHUKKU NAAN MIGAVUM MANASU KASHTAPADUKIRAEN

6) SPB –ella music director kkum , pressure irrukkum – msv yum , vithivillakalla . avaar peak –il iruntha pothey , antha paadal polley vendum , intha paadal polla vendum enbargal . avarum
Appaidiya endru kaetukollvar , piragu , avaar bhaniyillay tune poduvaar . naan pada pagum padaal , appadi pirtanthu than . entha paadalai mathiriyagasonnargal enbathu piragu
SWARA BHRAMMA appdi oru idea vil panna paadal

(though spb disclosed after the completion of the song , let me keep it till end of the article –till then enjoy the song

The song sung was kaathal vilaiyada kattil iddu kanna -
to be continued .
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7) Adutha paadal MSV –TKR –KANNADASAN JAMBHAVAAN combination –il ooruvaanathu .sailaja migam enjoy paani paduvathu
Antha paadal UNNAI ONDRU KAETPAEN UNMAI SOLLA VAENDUM –evergreen puthiya paravai song .

8)Spb = msv udaya composition piraa professional –il ollavargalaiyum paada vaikkum . appadi oruvaar DR CHANDILYAAN , WHO is with Apollo .avvar udaya tribute to great maestro -a pbs song .
Intha mathiri paadagal , indrum needithirukka karanam situation , situation kku paadal ezhuthiyathal indrum , endrum irukkum ,

Intha paadalil “ nadanthaiyaey ninaithirunthal endrum amaithi illai} endru varum aanal intha paattai ninaithu irrunthal endrum sugam

SONG ‘ NINAIPATHELLAM NADANTHU VITTAL DEIVAM YEDUMILLAI
SPB- ERRALAMMNA STALWARDS MSV IN TEAM IL IRUNDARGAL , AVARGALUDIA AANMA NAMMAI BLESS SEIYUM NANJAPPA,MANGALAMOORTHY ,MANI , GOPALAKRISHNAN, JOSEPH,jegan PONRAVARGAL .L
9) RADHA KAADAL VARAATHA – NAAN AVANILLAI – SUNG ON STAGE SPB/ MEENAKSHI
SPB – intha paadal nandraga ninaivirukirathu – table vil maha medhai , lalitha Prasad , eralamana Md ikku vasithallum , intha paadallukku than muthal muthalil , mellisai mannarukku vasithar . Gemini studio vil
10) Msv , yaar padinallum , avvar mathiri padum varai viddamattar (athu kashtama irunthallum )
20-25 thadavai take eduthallum , sariaga varavillai endral meendum , harmonium eduthu muthalil irundu aarambipaar . antha ENERGY ENGIRUNTHU VARUM ENDRU THERIATHU .
AVARUDAIYA , BEST QUALITY , IS ADJUSTABILITY TOWARDS ANY SITUATION .
TR MAHALINGAM ,MUTHAL MGR , SIVAJI , MATTRUM KAMAL , RAJINI UTPADA . ATHUVAY AVARUDAIYA 50 VARUDAMAGA NILLITHIRUKKA KARANAM .

RAJINI KKA AVAR COMPOSITION.
VIDIYA VIDIYA SOLLI THARUVAEN – POKKIRI RAJA PAADAL
11) SPB – SILA PAADALGAL AI KETKUUMBOTHU , NAMAKKU INTHA PAADAL KIDAIKAVILLAIYE ENDRA YEKKAM VARUM .
ORUMURAI PBS AVARGAL , SOUTH AFRICA POI VANTHA PIRAGU , AVARIDAM , ORU PAADALAI KURIPPITU INTHA PAADAL NEENGAL PAADA VEANDIYATHU ENDRAR . ATHARKKU PBS , ILLAI AVAR PADAVAENDUM ENBATHU THAN VIDHI ENAVAY ATTHU AVAAR PAATU ENDRARAM .

ATHEY POL , ADUTHA PADAL , NAAN MIGAVUM YENGIYA PAADAL , ENNAL AVAR POL PADAMUDIYATHU ENDRU THERINDALUM .
INTHA PADALUKKAVAY UYIR VAZHALAM .,
ANTHA PAADAL
TO BE CONTINUED ...
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PART -4
ANTHA PADAL

VIZHIYEA KATHAI YEZHUTHU – A GREAT SONG FROM URIMAI KURAL .
Sung well by anathu and meenakshi .

12)spb- RECORDING POTHU , MIGAVUM TENSION AANA PATTU , VARTHAIGAL ILLATHA PATTU NINAITHALEY INNIKUUM PATTU .
AVARUDAIYA COMPOSITION ELLAM , MANICKAM , MUTHU , VAIRAM , AVAIYELLAM PAADA ENAKKU MORE CHANCES VARA VENDUM , ADIKADI PAADA VENDUM .
ATHUTHAN SPB . SJ PAADIYA { NINAITHALEY INNIKUM PAATU .

12) Followed by another great melody BHARATHI KANAMMA sung beautifully by spb and meenakshi

Spb – EVALLAVU MAAMETHAIKKU ,MOBILE PHONE VAITHU KOLLA THIRIYATHU (ATHUENNADA MULLANGI BATHAI ), A/C ON PANNA THERIATHU , YEN , RADIO KUDA ON SEIYA THERIATHU ,
APPADI ORU NAĎVE , INNOCENT
AANAL AVARIDAM ORU HARMONIUM , KODUTHU PARUNGAL , AVARATHU VITHAI THERIYUM

13) SPB – EPPOTHUM AZHIYATHA CLASSICAL MELODY IN ANNALS OF TAMIL CINEMA MUSIC
THE SONG IS MALAI POZHUTHIN MAYAKATHILEY NAAN FROM BHAKYALAKSHMI .
Then cam facilitation , Our MASTER WAS TO BE honoured , but since he had another big facilitation going on in vizag , Mr PBS his long time associate , was honoured
SPB informed , audience that he was briefing frequently MM , on the concert that was happening
And MM was happy , and he wanted to convey , to audience , his sadness not to one among them .
This was mentioned twice by SPB -
Its not surprising for the MM music followers as we know that he is as sweet as his ever lasting melodies .
14) Then followed another , number ,which is must in any light music stage performance ever since AV Ramanan- ramachandrans, kamesh rajamani ‘s time .
PON ONRU KONDAEN , PENN INGU ILLAI – BY TMS / PBS
SPB –said that he would definitely , be not at par with TMs , but would still sing and he needed to be excused for all wrong things .

TO BE CONTINUED ….
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PART - 5

15)Then SPB expressed his sadness as well wondered ,though there are around 11 radio stations ,why they are not broadcasting an extremely excellent melody number , from VISWATULASI
He is pained at that , and felt that we would miss such excellent melodies ., adding that this song is at par with any great gazzals and sang from the film VISWA TULASI.

THE SONG WAS KANNAMMA, KANAVILLAYA

16)NEXT WAS MALLIGAI ENN MANNAN MAYANGUM –FROM THEERGA SUMANGALI
This song was sung by Ms vasutha – the main organizer , for the trust V –EXCEL EDUCATIONAL TRUST , for whom , the proceeds have gone to .

17) MADHAMMO AVANI - UTHARAVINDRI ULLAEY VAA
18)MY NAME IS BILLA (ORIGINAL VERSION )
19) ATHAN ENNATHAN – PAAVA MANNIPPU – this song was sung by Ms Vasantha , another sister of SPB – and she did a good job .
20) THEERTHAKARI- FROM VARUMAIYIN NIRAM SIVAPPU -
SPB- K B never allows any one to leave the theatre at the time of songs , because there is always a link to the stories attached to the songs . Similarly , this song was decided at the time of re recording , and an excellent job

SPB – became emotional at the end of the song, and took time off .
21) PAUL POLLAVAE FROM UYARNTHA MANITHAN -
Sailaja , felt , it was her baghyam , to sing this national award winning song

22) NILAVAY ENNIDAM NERUNGATHEY – FROM RAMU – SPB , and Ananthu , did put in their imagination also into the song.
SPB - a great song from 4 great masters – msv, kannadasan,pbs,and Gemini .a great team work.
23) ENNAKORU KATHALI IRUKKINDRAL (TAXI DRIVER )
SPB – naan rombavum bayantu paadia padal . msv, naan , matrum solo violin mani , shared the same mike ,and joseph krishna was on piano . whata an orchestration .
Aanal konjam athigam sangathy pottal annan , udana muthgil thatuvaar . kathaipadi , nee music director idam paada vanthulay – enavaey niraiya sangathi podathey enbhar .
Kathaikku meeri paadal irukka kudathu enbathil avvalavvu gavanam .
Nandragapadinal , avaraipol appreciate panna mudiyathu . rathiri 12 manikku phone seidu appreciate panuvaar . ennakku mattum alla , ellorukkum .
24 ) ELLAKANAM MARUTHO , ELLAKIYAM ANATHOU – NIZHAL NIJAMAGIRATHU
Spb – innum 100 varudangal aanalum , intha paadalgal nirkum
24) POOMALIYIL – OOTY VARAI OORAVU – ANANTHU / MEENAKSHI
25) ANGUM INGUM – AVARGAL
26) PAALVI OF UNAKENNA MELAY NINDRAY- SIMLA SPECIAL
27) KAMBAN AEMANTHAN –NIZHAL NIJAMAKIRATHU
28)YAMUNA NATHI ENGAY – GOURAVAM
SPB mentioned a lot of songs , which could have been sung , and promised that these songs will be sung , in forthcoming programmes .

Conclusion ;
They way , people grabbed high priced tickets (1000/2000)indicates our masters graph is as high as ever , and peoples hungry for good music .
WISH THE MASTER WAS PRESENT TO SEE THE APPRECIATION , RECEPTION , HIS SONGS GOT ONE AFTER THE OTHER , THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TONIC

NOW THE ANSWER FOR THE INSPIRATION SONG FOR KAATHAL VILAIYADA

JAANEY JAA (FROM JAWANI DIWANI )

Those who have attended , a double bonaza in this fortnight
Those who could not never mind –if we take SPBs promise , will get many such good shows .

CONCLUDED

hope i covered to the maximum .
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,

Excellent coverage of the show.

You brought the event in front of our eyes. Beautiful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: