"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NENJAM MARAPPADHILLAI - The Crew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: NENJAM MARAPPADHILLAI - The Crew Reply with quote

Dear friends,
As usual my efforts to muster a joint venture, of analyzing a movie [Nenjam marappadhilai] has not evoked any response from our friends in the forum. Mr.Ram has volunteered to cover the domains of the movie- Cinematography and BGM. So, other domains stay unattended to. When in a conversation, Mr. Vaidy suggested that we wait for the completion of the Piano concert -'Creator unplugged' to be over, so that people devote time for write-ups. Well after the completion of the event, still there is stalemate on the topic. Having opened the thread, it is my moral duty to carry it to the logical end. Hoping against hopes, I still keep options open. May be as a lead reminder , I thought, better to give a new approach listing the details of the production crew. May be this could kindle some enthusiasm in an unexpected quarter giving the benefit of analysis to us.

Production house: M/s Manohar Pictures Madras
Story : Mr. M.S Kasi
Producer : Mr.Kasi viswanathan
Screen play, Dialogue, Direction : C V Sridar
Dialogue Asssistance : T A Satagopan [Gopu]
Director Cinematography: A Vincent
Cinematography : P N Sundaram
MAKE-UP * : R. RANGASAMY AND BADHRAYYA
Art Direction : Ganga
Stills : Arunachalam
Editor : N M Sankar
Lyrics : Kannadasan
MUSIC : VISWANATHAN RAMAMOORTHY

AS ONE CAN NOTICE, MOST MEMBERS OF CREW ARE FROM CHITHRAALAYA , EXCEPT FOR THE MOVIE MAKER. Also please note I have accorded a special reference* to the make-up crew and I leave it to our friends to draw their conclusion. Kindly consider the prospects of your joining the effort of analysis.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MAKE-UP * : R. RANGASAMY AND BADHRAYYA

Dear Prof ,

THOUGH I AM UNABLE TO COMPLETELY SERVICE YOUR REQUEST , I TRY MY LEVEL BEST IN BRINGING IN MY OWN VIEWS ON THIS AMAZING "VENTURE" WHICH IS REALLY ELUSIVE. IT MAY SOUND ASTOUNDING TO READ THE NOUN USED HERE TO DESCRIBE THIS MOVIE ,BUT IT IS REALLY CERTAIN AND IRREVOCABLE TO SAY THAT CVS WAS A PERSON WITH GREAT CONFIDENCE LEVELS AND UNDETERRED PERSEVERANCE ALONG WITH A DIVERGENT-COHERENT THINKING WHO PROVED HIMSELF A MASTER BY CREATING AND VENTURING SO GUTSILY INTO VARIOUS MOVIE GENRE AND WENT ON TO CARVE A NICHE AMONG THE MOVIE MAKERS WITH HIS AUDACITY TO PROVE THE SAYING, "NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED...".

IT IS INDEED OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COMMEND THE WAY THE ARTISTS AND THE PROTAGONISTS OF THIS MOVIE WERE MADE AND DRESSED UP. IT IS REALLY SAD TO ACCEPT THE REALITY THAT SUCH STALWARTS WENT UNNOTICED WHO MISSED ALL DUE CREDITS FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION.

BUT , THANKS TO THE DEAR PROF FOR HIS EFFORTS IN BRINGING SUCH UNSUNG HEROES TO LIMELIGHT THROUGH THIS FORUM.

I WOULD LIKE TO COMMEND ON M.N.NAMBIAR'S AGE OLD MAKE UP THAT WAS REALLY OUT-OF-THE-BOX CONSIDERING ALL THE FACILITIES AND TECHNOLOGY THAT THE CREW MIGHT HAVE HAD THEN.

IT COULD NEVER HAD BEEN AN EASY TASK FOR BOTH CVS AND THE MAKE UP ARTISTS WHEN I IMAGINE HOW THINGS WOULD HAD BEEN TRIED MANUALLY ON THE ARTIST UNTIL THEY GOT THE "REAL FEEL " OF THE CHARACTER , FOR THEY WERE DEPRIVED OF ANY SIMULATION TOOLS AS AVAILABLE IN THIS AGE..

THEY BOTH HAD DONE A TREMENDOUS JOB IN CREATING SUCH A SCARY FACE WITH SO MANY WRINKLES THAT SUITS THE STORY LINE TO THE FULLEST. I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WITH AWE WHEN I WATCH THE HAUNTING SCENE WHERE NAMBIAR GETS INTRODUCED AS THE 110 YEAR OLD WIZARD IN THE LATER PART OF THE MOVIE !!!

CVS HAS REALLY ACHIEVED AS A DREAM MERCHANT AND AS A GREAT LEADER IN DRIVING HIS TEAM TO BRING THE IMPACT THAT HE WANTED TO ON THE AUDIENCE , WITH A LUCID PORTRAYAL OF NAMBIAR'S CHARACTER COMPLEMENTED BY THE HORRIFYING LOOKS AND EXPRESSIVE ACTING ALONG WITH THE BGM.

IT IS BEYOND DOUBT THAT CVS ACHIEVED 200% AS A MOVIE MAKER IN GIVNG A NOVEL EXPERIENCE ALTOGETHER FOR THE YESTER YEAR MOVIE GOER OF THE TF INDUSTRY AND ALSO TO THE PRESENT GENERATION WHO WOULD NOT DARE TO WATCH THIS MOVIE ALONE IN THE MIDNIGHT Laughing !!!

HAIL CVS , HAIL SUNDARAM , HAIL RR AND BADHRAYYA ....HAIL V-R

MSV RULES !!!
VENKAT

Last edited by tvvraghavan on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 am; edited 5 times in total
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO PASTE THE CONTENTS OF AN ARTICLE THAT I READ ABOUT THIS MOVIE BY MR.MAHESWARAN.

http://www.maheshwaran.com/index.php/Movies/Tamil/Nenjam-Marappathillai.htm

நேற்று இரவு DVD-யில் ஸ்ரீதரின் 'நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை' பார்த்தேன். Definitely a film ahead of its times. முதல் பாதியில் நிறைய காட்சிகளில் வசனங்களே இல்லாமல் முழுவதுமாக visuals-களிலேயே ஓட்டியிருப்பார். குறிப்பாக கதாநாயகன் கல்யாண்குமார் பாழடைந்த பங்களாவுக்கு போகும் காட்சிகளிலும், பூர்வஜென்மத்து நினைவுகள் திரும்பும் கட்டத்திலும். உண்மையிலேயே மிகவும் திகிலாக இருந்தது. Credit Titles-களில் வரும் அந்த Instrumental score காலத்துக்கும் நிற்ககூடியது. எம். என். நம்பியார் 109 வயது கிழவனாகவும் மிரட்டியிருக்கிறார். No wonder nobody else is so menacing like him as a villain. தேவிகாவுக்கு வேலையே இல்லை. The show belongs to Kalyan Kumar and MN Nambiar. 'நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை' பாடல் மிகவும் haunting, 'அழகுக்கும் தமிழுக்கும்..' பாடல் இனிமையான துள்ளல். சவுக்கு தோப்பு காட்சிகளிலும், பூர்வஜென்மத்து க்ளைமேக்ஸில் துரத்தல் காட்சிகளும் தொழிநுட்பம் பெரிதாக வளராத அந்த நாட்களிலேயே இன்றைய (2008) தரத்துக்கு எடுத்து இருக்கிறார். ஸ்ரீதர் என்ற கலைஞனின் முழு Technical வீச்சையும் இந்த படத்தில் பார்க்கலாம். Infact தமிழில் முதல் முதலாக இயக்குனரின் படங்கள் என்று அறியப்பட்டவை ஸ்ரீதரின் படங்கள் தானாம். அதுவரை சிவாஜி படம், எம்.ஜி.ஆர் படம் என்று அறியப்பட்ட படங்களுக்கு நடுவே 'ஸ்ரீதர் படங்கள்' என்று தான் முதன் முதலாக இயக்குனருக்கு முழு credit கிடைத்ததாம். Moserbaer DVD-யில் ரூ. 34/- க்கு கிடைக்கிறது. இது வரை இந்த படத்தை பார்க்கவில்லை என்றால் தயவு செய்து பாருங்கள்
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: