"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Songs composed by MSV Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Madhavan
Illogically I am posting my response under this thread, thanks to your abrupt entry with no introduction of thyself whatsoever. We welcome you to our forum, devoted to MSV. All the same unless entrants reveal their clear identity, contact scope etc how can people help them? Please make a detailed presentation of your profile under the head "SPEAK TO MEMBERS" so that the site administration and fellow members can respond suitably. Your very first posting relates to some song that delights you. When I attempted to look for your other details like occupation, location, e-mail etc only the name is available. Don't you feel you are causing a ripple of no consequence.
Please oblige.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.

After Mr. Madhavan comes out with details of his, the moderators may please shift this posting of mine to 'Speak to members' thread.

Thank you all.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a song like this?

I hope Mr. Madhavan has not mistakenly referred to 'Aaandavan mugaththaip paakkanum, avangitte onne onnu kekkanum' from 'Kalyaana Oorvalam' penned of course by Kavignar but set to music by
R. Parthasarathy (Incidentally, Mr. Parthasarathy mentioned in an interview that Kavignar was inspired to write these lines after observing that Parthasarathy was in a depressed mood and learning about his problem!)
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Madhavan and Parthavi,

I remember hearing this song sung by MSV himself in the late 80s ? the movie is Uruvangal maralaam.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,

I remember Uruvangal Maaralaam was directed by SV Ramanan and had music composed by his brother Abaswaram Raamji. My google search confirms this. The song 'vaanil vaazhum devadhai' was somewhat popular at the time of the film's release.

Perhaps, the movie you had in your mind was different.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parthavi wrote:
Dear Balaji,

I remember Uruvangal Maaralaam was directed by SV Ramanan and had music composed by his brother Abaswaram Raamji. My google search confirms this. The song 'vaanil vaazhum devadhai' was somewhat popular at the time of the film's release.

Perhaps, the movie you had in your mind was different.

Yes Sir. I also love this Vaanil vaazum devadhai . This will have shades of Abheri and hence will have a classical touch

Its an interesting movie . God will appear in different characters...Nadigar Thilagam, Kamal and many others will appear in guest roles as Gods in human form . Even Kamal had a song ....Kaamanuku kaaman.Thanks for recollecting a nice song.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
The song in question was probably tuned by SV Ramanan, as I was reminded earlier by one of our seniors. This is an excellent song, tuned on a similar style like that of our MM. Our mellisai maamannar has sung this very effortlessly. You can listen to a small flash of his laughter at the end!
Regards,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: