"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHISTLING TRIBUTES TO Sri M S V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: WHISTLING TRIBUTES TO Sri M S V Reply with quote

INDIAN WHISTLERS’ ASSOCIATION ( IWA)

PRESENTS

WHISTLING TRIBUTES TO THE LIVING LEGEND

“Mellisai Mannar”
SRI M S VISWANATHAN

MSV’S EVERGREEN MELODIES PERFORMED ON WHISTLE
WITH LIVE ORCHESTRA OF Mr. PATRICK ROSARIO

DATE : JANUARY 25, 2009 (SUNDAY)
TIME : 6 PM
VENUE : CHINMAYA HERITAGE CENTRE (AC AUDITORIUM)
No 2, 13TH AVENUE, HARRINGTON ROAD,
CHETPUT, CHENNAI 600031

For tickets pl contact :

Mr. R ARUNKUMAR 93810 44706
Mr P NAGARAJAN 98417 90612
Mr N VENKATRAMAN 98410 39905
Mr JAGAT TARKAS 99625 79936
Mr RIGVEDA DESHPANDEY 98840 62840

Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramki,
That was a very good news.
I whistled for a moment after reading this.
I searched for Whistler's Association in net and I got the following link.

http://www.whistleindia.org/
http://www.whistleindia.org/chennaishow.html
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few passes for this "Whistling Tributes to Mellisai Mannar" to held on 25th Jan and Sri MSV will also be attending this event.

Intereted may get in touch with me.

Ramki
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mR. ramki

please provide me a pass.

thanks

n y murali
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offer comes a bit late for me. I have ordered for the ticket and I am expecting it to be delivered!
Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
For those who attended, I kindly request you to share your experience and the songs performed in this program.
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should thank Mr.Ramki for providing me with the pass facilitating my getting seated in the second row and enjoying this program at close sight.

Even as I was entering the hall along with Mr. Ramki, Mr.Vaidhi and Mr. Murali and his 12 year old daughter Lakshmi, who has become a fan of MSV after listening to the rendering of MSV songs on the keyboard by her talented father(Mr.Vatsan joined us after a couple of minutes), the screen went up and I was stunned to see 17 year old Swetha whistling 'Saravana Poigaiyil' so beautifully and effortlessly. I did not expect girls to be among the whistlers but there were 5 of them performing on this day. There were others who did not perform that day but joined the chorus 'Sare Jahaan se achchaa' at the end paying tribute to our motherland on the eve of the Republic Day.

'Saravana poigaiyile' was the invocation song. After this Mr. Jagat, President of the Chennai chapter of Indian Whistlers' Association gave an introduction about their association and their activities. He said that recently a few hundred whistlers from all over India joined together to whistle Sara Jahaan se achcha, which would enter Limca Book of Records. He said that this was the first program of theirs by way of paying tribute to a living legend. So MSV becomes the first MD to be honoured by IWA (Indian Whistlers' Association). He set the tone for the program by whistling the pallavi of 'Vaazha ninanththaal vazhalaam' and asked the audience to see for themselves the difference between whistling with and without the orhestra. He also expressed his amazement how this song of 1962 isstill enjoyed today, after more than 40 years.

Mr. Ganesh was the compere and he did a good job by introducing the whistler for each song and highlighting his/her achievements.

If 17 year old Swetha surprised me, what can I say about Pooja, still younger (about 12 years, if my estimate is right) who followed her with 'Sittukkuruvi muththam koduththu'?

I give below the list of songs and the names of the whistlers. This is my own little way of recognizing these great performers.

1) Saravana poigaiyil Swetha

2) Sittukkuruvi muththam koduththu Pooja

3) NaaLaam NaLaam ThirunaLaam Rikvi ( or Rigvid, I couldn't get this name correctly) and Pavitra

4) Sonnathu neethaanaa? Shanmugarajan

5) Kaadhal Siragai Venkatraaman

6) AvaLukkenna AruN Kumaar and Pooja

7) Maalai Pzhudhin mayakkaththile Saran (He has performed carnatic music concerts by whistling)

Cool Nenjaththai aLLi konjam thaa Venkatraman and Divyasundari

9) Ennai marandhadhen Nagarajan (This great whistler performed his whistling show during the reception of his daughter's marriage!)

10) Raajaavin Paarvai Shanmuga Rajan and Srikant

11) Naanoru Kuzhandhai Arun Kumar

12) KaN Pona Pokkile Bhadrinath

13) Poomaalaiyil oer malligai Nagarajan and Divyasundari

14) MayangugiraaL oru maadhu Vivitha

15) Thedinen Vandhadhu Pavitra

16) Kumari peNNin uLLththtile Arun Mumar and Swetha

17) Pon magaL VandhaaL Srikant

1Cool Neerodum Vaigaiyile Saran and Divyasundari

19) Unnai Ondru ketpen Sathyanarayanan

As far I am concerned, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of exhilaration and fullness. I never learnt to whistle. So to me it was a particularly astounding experience.

Everyone whistled exceedingly well. But I would like to mention Divyasundari, who whistled by blowing in, while most of the whistlers whistle by blowing out. This was her first performance.

Another girl Vivitha whistled through her teeth. So it looked as if she was just smiling, while she was whistling all along.

Arun Kumar mixed a bit of acting to make his performance enjoyable. His singing of 'Kumari peNNin,' with an 'MGR getup' during which the other whistler Swetha also responded to his gestures particularly rocked the audience.

During the interval, IWA honoured Messers Ramki, Vaidhi and Vatsan of MSVtimes. This trio spoke about MSV and MSVtimes. Mr. Ramki on behalf of MSVtimes made a contribution to IWA and also to Mr.Patrick Pressoria whose team provided the orchestral support. With limited instruments, the orchestral team did a great job. Mr.Pressoria, though visually handicapped, proved to be a virtuoso in leading the orchestra and playing the keyboard. At the request of Mr. Vaidhi, he played 'Aththaan Ennaththaan' and 'Enna Enna Vaarthaigalo' on the Accordion. To the audience, this was a bonus. He also recalled his association with MSV and mentioned his greatness and humility.

IWA honoured Jagannathan, a boy of 16 who despite having lost his two hands and a leg due to an electric shock at a young age has created excellent paintings using his mouth as the hand and who also plays keyboard through his shortened arm.

Overall, it was a great show. There were a large number of youngsters among the audience. With these kinds of shows, there will be greater appreciation for MSV's divine creations by more and more people.

made a note of the songs
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Parthavi and hai all friends

A great reporting. Infact a good news paper reporter would envy the way you have covered the entire programme. I want to add only one information here. There were only 4 instrument players in the orchestra. A guitarust, Key board cum accordin, a tabla player and a pad drumist.

With this combination and with great whistilers the mesmerised the entire crowd for more than 3 hours. There was no jarring noise and we were completely drenched in the melodies of our great MM.

My friend N Srikumar is so fond of the song 'Kumari pennin ullathile' that whille the song was being played (since he could not come to the programme and he kept on asking me over phone how the programme was going) I called his mobile and enabled him to listen the entire song thro the mobile.

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Murali, Mrs. Malathi and others,

During the program, Mr.Vaidhi said that some of the songs would be uploaded in MSVtimes website. I would request that the entire program be uploaded so that we can share it with our friends and others.

I did not expect this program to be telecast in Imayam TV the very next day. Though Mr. Murali had sent me an SMS on at the time of telecast, I saw the msg only this morning. So I missed watching it on Imayam TV. I was hoping to show it to my family members.

I do hope that Imayam will telecast is once more and we will know the date and time in advance.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all blessed ones

some how i mised this programme .it was totally out of my mind .,since my net was down , i didnot browse . though i had connection only fr a few minutes , in last 3 days .

while i was going through the list , my son 12 year , could recognise by singing pallavi of 17 out of 19 songs

MSVs music passes through genertions
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
Ithellam padikkumbothu, romba miss pannitenonnu thonudhu.
I missed it in Imayam TV also.
On 25th Jan there was a cultural and sports meet in our area in which my 4 year old son took part in 3 events.

So I was not able to make it for the show.

One incidence comes to my mind.
Some years back, I attended one of my friends wedding reception.
In that a very young girl (could be less than 13 only) performed "Enna Enna varthaigalo" in whistle.

Marakkamudiyatha oru program.
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first song of the program 'SaravaNa Poigaiyil' rendered by Swetha has been uploaded in the Youtube by someone.
Here is the link for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjFZkEex038

How I wish other songs of the program and MSV's piano concert were also made available for everyone to enjoy!
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Whistle Songs Reply with quote

Dear Mr Rengaswamy,

Thanks for the link. Amazed by the young Swetha whistling "Saravanap Poygayil" so beautifully.

While on the subject of Whistling, I had already posted on 27th Dec 2006 about some of the wonderful compositions of our Master wherein he has masterly used whistling. To once again list out those songs -

1. "Vandha Naal Mudhal Indha Naal Varai" from "Pava Mannippu".
2. "Andavan Padaichan, Engitta Koduthan", from "Nichaya Thamboolam".
3. "Neerodum Vaigayile Ninradum Meene", from "Paar Magale Paar".
4. "Nenjathiley Nee Netru Vandhay", from "Shanthi".
5. "Nenjirukkum Engalukkum", from "Nenjirukkumvarai".
6. "Oruvar Manadhai Oruvar Ariya", from "Gowri Kalyanam".
7. "Iniyadhu, Iniyadhu Ulagam", from "Thangai".
8. "Nadappadhu Sugamenru Nadathu", from "Moonru Deivangal".
9. "Chellak Kiligalam Palliyile", from "Enga Maama".
10. "Solladhe Yarum Kettal", from "Sorgam".
11. "Nalavai Paarthu Vaanam Sonnadhu", from "Savale Samali".
12. "Janaganin Magalai Manamalaga", from "Rojavin Raja"
13. "Nilavu Vandhu Paadumo" from "Raman Ethanai Ramanadi"
(no one would have even thought of using whistling for songs 11,12 & 13 above, as these songs are in a serious situation in the respective movies)
14. "Nenjathai Allik Konjam Tha Tha Tha" from "Kadhalikka Neramillai"
15. "Kelvi Pirandathu Anru", from "Pachai Vilakku"

There are many more numbers where the Master has used whistling, but the above ones are most unforgettable.

And the Legend has also effectively used whistling in the background score in many movies. One scene that readily comes to my mind is from "Moonru Deivangal", when Sivaji goes to MRR Vasu's house to steal a document, where MM has amazingly used group whistling. I am sure using any other instruments would not have given that much impact for the scene. These things can be done by the one and only MSV.

Long Live MSV!

Regards,

Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: