"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oscars to A.R.Rahman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Oscars to A.R.Rahman Reply with quote

Dear friends,
It gives us all great pleasure to hear the news of ARR receiving the Oscars for his music. It gives us even more satisfaction that he respects MM and follows his trend of music. May God bless him!
Sai Saravanan
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I hope many of you would have watched the Sun TV programme on 8th Sunday to honour ARR. Our MM was on the stage, calm and composed, while there was noise all around.
Mr. AVM Saravanan made a fervent appeal to all about the pathetic situation of lack of awards to MM. MM very politely appealed against this move by him in his return speech. His award is what he receives as love from his rasigas, he said. I could not concentrate as I was overwhelmed by his presence. "Nirai kudam thazumbaathu": one could feel this on the stage. People who saw would realise this adage.
Sai Saravanan
S.V.Srinivasan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What touched me the most when I saw this program on SunTV was the spontaneous cheering and applause from the assembled music fraternity when A.V.M.Saravanan so strongly deplored the lack of proper recognition of MSV. It was highly gratifying and heart-warming to see the reverence the musicians have for MM. In fact, MSV had to wave to the audience asking them to calm down.

Isaignani, as usual, rambled on and on. Knowing his quirks, I was afraid he would say something derogatory even about A.R.Rahman and the two Oscars. Thank God he didn't strike a jarring note.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Srinivasan,
Many of us felt the jerks when IR stood up and held the mike. Ambiguity, mystery, fear, worry, tension,negative emotions...I had pitied ARR for sitting through this onslaught. How gentlemanly were others like M/s.AVM Saravanan, Vidyasagar, BMK, etc.
We were only calmed by the gestures of MM and the grace with which he conducted himself. How saint-like!
Sai Saravanan
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Last evening there was a felicitation for ARR by PS at Hyderabad, and the program was shown live in MAA TV. This was an idea of PS, as told in the newspapers as well as by the anchor, to honour ARR for the Oscars. She spoke brief in the end.

A Ghazal writer conferred the title "Sur Shehenshah" to ARR. ARR's acceptance speech was brief, as usual. He mentioned that he started work under MD Ramesh Naidu and went on to play for RajKoti before moving to other MDs. He was humble, but deeply in thought throughout the show.

PS adorned him with a glittering golden greedam, as though to indicate his anointment as the Emperor of Swaras. His mother too was lavishly praised and was invited to the stage.

I had by chance seen this programme, and thought of sharing this piece for all of us.
Regards,
Sai Saravanan
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Mr Saravanan. I saw a news item with photograph on this event in today's "Dhinakaran" paper (which is published from Mumbai too).

I am seeing this thread only today. I too watched the telecast of the function to felicitate ARR on his receiving two Oscars. I was so happy to see/hear the thunderous applause that our Master received (the loudest applause of the day) when he was introduced.

Mr AVM Saravanan vehemently questioned how come no award has been conferred on MM in spite of his having served the film industry meritoriously for almost 57 years (He also mentioned about Shri Vali also not being given any award).

When Ilayaraja spoke, he referred to Mr AVM Saravanan's comments and said "composer இருன்தாதானேய்யா award கொடுக்க முடியும்". No one could understand what exactly he meant by this???? It raised many eye brows in the audience.

I still remember, in one of the issues of "பொம்மை" cinema magazine in 1977, there was an interview of Ilayaraja, where he mentioned that he used to see all the movies which had music score by MSV. He had said he used to see those movies on the very first day itself, just for MSV's music - not only for the songs but the back-ground score too. He had also mentioned in that interview "if I am a Music Director today, it is entirely because of MSV".

Regards,

Venu Soundar
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu Sounder,
I was just browsing the TV channels that evening and was not really sure of the schedule, but then I was lucky to catch a few happenings on the MAA TV. Hence, the information.

Regarding the initial felicitation in Chennai, whatever happened look like a ritual on one angle, but then the lament of a sincere FEW about our MM looked real. The less said about IR the better. It can be very nearly termed as 'the fear of the unknown' when he starts talking. How one is pushed to the edge of one's seat always whenever he is called to address? Many times one feels that the old adage "silence is golden" is written for such complicated environments!

Amidst all, our MM was seated grand, calm and composed, unaffected by the idiosyncrasies and listlessness of the 'elite few'.

Regards,

Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Tamil film history Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
There is a hand of Divinity in everything that happens. Yes, this contention of mine keeps amplifying with non-stop turn of events. MM is the well known victim of circumstances though on matters of quality, competence, innovation, altruism, holdingback self, acknowledging every other person's talent and a tireless desire to live upto everyone else's requirement, he has just no parallel, he being the very yardstick. Well, it is here that I read Divinity, despite the cruelty that goes with it. I know of quite a few situations where the real talent has always been acknowledged in private but nothing worthwhile has ever been done to honour the individual. On the contrary, quite a few lesser mortals have been blown out of proportions and systematically 'projected' as supreme beings. Ironically, 'these supreme beings' know heart of hearts that some one else is the real giant meriting a better deal. Still not one of them has the frankness of honesty to tell the truth in a mega gathering. Instead, they systematically cultivate an 'image' by not speaking anything or speak something irrelevant making it beyond the heads of audience creating an aura of wisdom that is truly non-existent. Media abound in mediocrity and go by parameters extraneous to an issue. Therefore, though lamenting, I am not surprised at the orchestrated behaviour of 'personalities' on occasions. Based on these, I have just one point to add.While a vast majority of the talented bunch have no God father, a few like MM with such a huge contribution have also been left un attended to. In a way, MM has unwittingly helped the trend BY PREVENTING EVERY OTHER MAN'S GENUINE ATTEMPT TO HIGHLIGHT MM's CALIBRE UNPARALLELED AND INIMITABLE. The less accomplished generated a cultivated 'euphoria' trying to blow up every facet of themselves by periodic projections. Well, all our friends would tell MM is far above these and does not require such scaffolding. True, but when substandard contributions are adored, lovers of quality are writhing in pain whether they speak out or not. There is some Divine Design about the whole range of happenings for THE LORD KNOWS WHOM, WHEN AND HOW to reward the meritorious. If MM has to be acknowledged, I think the best agency to do it is THE LORD HIMSELF. Let the gimmicks go on for , we can not expect any better from mortals creating mortal pieces. There is no point in humans trying an evaluation of MM the creator of immortal pieces. If the society has had the basic wisdom to go by quality as the lone parameter, there would never have been the scales of decadence witnessed around. Who knows what HE plans. Doff worries.
Warm regards. Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
Your soothing words are healing the wounded hearts. I too strongly believe in the 'divine design' and await a grand felicitation from Him befitting the Master of Music!
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: