"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV's latest Christian Devotional

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vatsan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: MSV's latest Christian Devotional Reply with quote

Hi All,
NY Murali, Mandaveli Jayaraman and I were indeed very very fortunate to watch MSV compose the BGM for a Christian devotional and record it as well. The compositional excellence took to me a different level altogether and put me in a trance like state and I am not able recall events systematically, everything seems to be like a blur. I remember Ananthu, his assistant sing out the Pallavi to remind MSV of the number he had to embellish with instruments. Timelessly, MSV started a humming (actually to be replaced by Chorus), an undulating piece of remarkable beauty, 3 key chords and 4 keys chords simply flowed out of his harmonium. Really, a sight for sore eyes and an aural treat. Yet another chorus piece for the interlude, timelessly commenced...well, as usual,.....I followed it with all my heart, chromatic notes flowing through Mand for a few seconds and chromatic again and thrilling dip into the lowest register !!!! That simultaneously ejected out a tear or two from my eyes !! My eyes were certainly moist, so touching was the piece and voila...in 10 minutes the composition was over. Thyagu, the arranger noted down all the chords MSV had spun off and passed them onto Rajan. The song was recorded successfully in the first take itself. A very beautiful and a soothing number with ghastly (that's a laudatory term Smile) harmony and chords. Wonder of an experience . Request NY Murali, who was more sane than I was and more technically qualified to write on the harmony pieces, to write more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: