"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM'S MOHANAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: MM'S MOHANAM Reply with quote

Dear Freinds,

It seems that MM is very fond of this raga. There is a specialty in this style. That is in many songs he started in this raga but taken the tune to other places and got back to this raga to connect to Pallavi.

The list could be large.

Velli mani oosaiyile
Chittu kuruvikkenna kattupadu
Ange varuvadhu yaaroo
Yamuna nadhi inge
Thangathoniyile
Chella kiligalam palliyile
Vizhiye kadhai yezhdu

But there are also songs which he composed in mohanam.

Sange muzhangu (unbelievable composition)
The title song of ulagam surtum vaaliban sung by Sirkhazhi Govindarajan.
Andha Naal Mudhal (slight mix of ‘ma1’)
The unbelievable tribal style song in Raja Malayasimhan sung by MM himself with SJ.
Bansayi kadal paravaigal – Typical Japanese style

Regards,

N Y MURALI
ramasamysujatha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: MMs - Mohanam Reply with quote

There are so many songs...Here are the missed one which I know....

Padum podhu naan thendral kaatru
Kalyana Valaiyosai kondu
Pennazhagu perumai sollumm - Rikshakaran
Kadaloram Vaangiya Kaatru
Muppadhu paisa moonu mozham - Pookkari (With G1 accidental note)
Poova thalaiya Potta theirum (With G1 accidental note)
Kattazhaghu thanga magan thirunaalo
iraivan varuvaan avan endrum nalvazhi tharuvaan - santhi nilayam
nalla perai vaanga vendum pillaigale - accidental m1

The beauty of MSV is....he will add melody to any raaga by tweeking the notes by gamakkam and adding some accidental note. Needless to say...he is celestial genious in music without any so called EGO. Again and Again...I am requesting TN Govt to start music award in the name of MSV and give the best music composition to new music directors. One more request to Vairamuthu and AR Rahman - not to create a new tune for our MSVs thamizhthaai vazhthu and kill the beauty of the lyrics and original tune.
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Well said Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramasamy Sujatha,
Well said. In fact, each of us are tired of talking about awards and MSV. When this cruel world could not award Nobel Peace Prize for Mahatma Gandhiji , it is not surprising that our Master was not with awarded anything that he really deserves and which is worth mentioning.

Good to know that you are also in Bangalore Smile. You can reach me @ 97413-88223.

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Mr ramaswamy

like venkat said , there is no point in asking govts fr awards , and enough is discussed , not only here but in all forums not only by his fans , but by vips like avm saravanan , spb, ps vidyasagar etc . but we have been witnessing the result

but i would second yr opinion , on award to musician in his name .like lata , ps, do,

instead of waiting fr govt to do , why cannot his fans give award in his nme , in every msvtimes.com anniversary function . by raising funds , by way of donations ,raising funds etc

hope to get feedback on this from members .
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Murali has mentioned in this thread that Bansayee is composed in Mohanam.

In Endrum MSV of 5th Sep, 2010, MSV presented the song 'Bansayee.' He then asked Ananthu to sing a keertana in Mohanam (I did not catch it, since I am not conversant with carnatic music.) Then he explained that Bansayee was in Mohnam.

A few weeks back, he presented ,'Neeraadum neram nalla neram' from Vaira Nenjam. At that time, he asked Kalpana (who sang the Neeradum song in the episode) to sing 'ezhu swarangalil' from Apporva Raagangal and pointed out the similarities.

These are rare instances when MSV has discussed the raagaa base of his song. (In another episode, when Aadhavan asked MSV to spell out the raagaa of 'Thanga ratham vandhadhu,' MSV was reluctant to respond. He said, "it starts with Abhogi swaraas and then the notes change." This was a bit surprising to me since this song is widely accepted as Aabhogi based. I was equally surprised when he voluntarily mentioned the raagaas of Neeraadum and Bansayee!))
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I omitted to mention that MSV had said that both ezhu swarangal and neeraadum neram nalla neram were based on Pantuvaraali.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: