"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM'S SIVARANJANI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: MM'S SIVARANJANI Reply with quote

Dear Freinds,

SIVARANJANI:

A very famous north Indian raga used for light music for the sober situation.

The famous song ‘Nan Pesa Ninaipadellam’ is from this raga. This song gave the inspiration for the Hindi song ‘Mera Pyar hai’ in the Hindi version composed by Naushad Ali.

The song ‘Neerodum Vaigayile’ is based on this raga but get mixed during charanam and in the humming.

The song ‘Yenna Vegam Nillu Bama’ is also based on this raga but get changed in the humming and the charanam.

The song ‘Utharavindri Ulle Vaa’ is also based on this raga. Again in this song also the raga get mixed during the charanam. However the charanam sung TMS for Nagesh which is in the carnatic classical style is pure Sivaranajani.

Here in these 2 songs MM broke the tradition of using the raga for sober situation.

The song ‘Vendum Vendum Undhan Uravu’ is also based on this raga.

There is a song in the movie ‘Maro Charithra’ which I have forgotten is based on this raga. In fact that song should have given the inspiration for Laxmikant Pyarelal to compose the famous song ‘Tere Mere Beechume’.

Regards,

N Y MURALI
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

There has been a lot of 'Yezhthu Pudayal' buried in this site. I am happy that my posting helps to unearth all your earlier writing. I am a firm believer that MM never approaches composition based on raga. But incidentally his compoasition sometimes get in to the raga. That kind of song would have very special melodical phrases which no other composer who approached the composition in that raga could have imagined.

for example take his song 'pesuvadhu Kiliya'. He composed this song based on his instint. but it happened to be that of a two ragas one the pallavi in the raga 'hanumathodi"' (we can also call sindhubauiravi) and the charanam in the raga 'nadagapriya'.

I have heard 100s of song in sindhubairavi of many MDs who have touched the swaram 'da2' during the course of the song. But none would have gone dare to go through 'nadakkapriya'.

MSV would have sat in the lap of Godess Sraswathi while composing this kind of songs.

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: