"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM'S COMPOSITION INSPIRES DIRECTORS PART I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: MM'S COMPOSITION INSPIRES DIRECTORS PART I Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Mr. C V Rajendran in the programme ‘Endrum Msv’ mentioned that he struggled to film the song shooting of the song ‘Aagaya Pandalile’ as he felt the song was brilliantly composed and he wanted to shoot the same utilizing the best composition. This shows how the directors viewed MM’s compositions and how they wanted show their talent also in the pictorial form.

In this regard I wanted to share information about how CVR got inspiration from MM’S composition.

The song is ‘Pottu Vaitha Mugamo’ in the movie ‘Sumadhi En Sundari’. There are 2 humming melodies are in that song sung by B Vasantha. The first humming before the 2nd charanam starts and goes up in the pitch and after attainting the higher pitch floats for few second and gets completed. If you notice the picture in the movie the heroine JJ would be standing in a small hill plain when the humming starts. As the humming gains higher pitch JJ would be seen in the movie climbing to a higher level. She would reach the higher platform when the humming ends.

In the same song there is another humming before the 3rd charanam. If you watch it closely it would be similar to the sound of a steam engine. I always had this feeling ever since I heard this song and I never watched this movie. I watched this movie only about a month back and I was surprised to not that it was not only me but CVR also felt the same way. Because if you see the picture you would notice the JJ would be keeping her right hand vertically across her lips intending to be like a steam engine.

It shows how CVR enjoyed the composition and got inspiration to produce the melody in a pictorial way

Regards,

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: