"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Anubhavam pudhumai' a new dimension.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: 'Anubhavam pudhumai' a new dimension. Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The II episode 'Thirumbipparkiraen' by Ms Rajashree was a new piece from a different perception. As per the artiste , her first sequence in the movie "Kadhalikka neramillai" was the picturisation of the song 'anubhavam pudhumai'. The same was corroborated by the operative Cinematographer of the movie Shri.P.N.Sundaram, as to how the actress began her work in that movie. Well, that is not any significant.
About this sequence, Ms.Rajashree said, Director CV Sridhar himself performed or rather demonstrated the dance movements and made us act. She further said 'there was no Dance master around. This piece of information of CVS making pieces of choreography is unknown to me all along. Secondly, the movie under discussion "K N", did have a Choreographer in K.Thangappan even as per the title card of the movie. Still, why CVS had to do it is not very clear.May be the work began on an auspicious day for the artistes and the dance master was in some other unavoidable commitment, we do not know. That CVS had another dimension about him as a cine-director is noteworthy indeed.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
S.V.Srinivasan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Your posting reminds me of something I read in a magazine some time back. Director Sridhar has played the role of choreographer on at least one other occasion. "Poo maalaiyil oar malligai" in Ooty Varai Uravu was choreographed by him because the regular dance master (I do not recollect who it was) could not reach Ooty on time.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

Dear Mr. SVS,
You have given me a super surprise of your having read of CVS's Choreography of 'poo maalaiyil ' of "Ooty varai uravu".Since you have sought to know the official choreographer's name- it was Mr. Pasumarthi Krishnammortthi. May be the producer Kovai Chezhiyan wanted this particular choreograher, asMr. KC was a regular movie-maker.Incidentally KC and CVS were very good friends though following different political ideology as contemporaries. Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards. Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Sridhar the Choreographer Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
No doubt, Sridhar has a choreographer in himself. The best work of Sridhar as a Choreographer may be seen from the song, Unnidathil Ennai Koduthen from the film Avalukkendru Or Manam. Fortunately for us and unfortunately for the Unit, as per the gossip prevailed then, the choreographer did not turn up for the picturisation - either he was not available there or he was not well or may be any other reason - made Srdhar himself teach dance movements. This news was substantiated in the Bommai magazine then, which published Sridhar giving instructions to Bharathi and Gemini Ganesan on the dance movements. One of the pose was Bharathi raising her hands above the shoulder and facing the palm upwards and then Gemini Ganesan standing some where near below and staring her upwards. You can visualise this pose in the film Sumathi En Sundari with Sivaji Ganesan and Jayalalitha. And the song was completed by Sridhar himself - Unnidathil Ennai Koduthen.

Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: