"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs sung by MSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Songs sung by MSV Reply with quote

Hi all,
Today I fished out an old audio cassette of songs sung by Mellisai Chakravarthy. Few gems in them:

* Sollathan ninaikirein
* Par magale par
* Kudumbam oru kadambam
* Payanam
* Tirupathy malayil yergindrai
* Yarukkum vazhkai undu adharkor neramundu
* Ithanai mandharukku oru koil podadhu
* Ikkaraikku akkarai pachai
* Unakkena Kuraichal (MD : V. Kumar of course) nevertheless MSV brings his own genius to the song - I feel. It was magnanimous of MSV to sing under another music director.
* Nerana nedunchalai
* Edharkum oru kalam undu

Unforunately, I do not have any musical knowledge to analyze the songs. But all I can say is throughout the day I have been listening to these songs repeatedly.
Par magale par - Very nostalgic.

Vasam enbadhu malargalil thana manadhil yen eillai!
Pasam enbadhu pirapinildhana valarvadhil en illai!

Nerana nedunchalai ( from Kaviya thalaivi)
The tune, the music, the lyrics, and of course the way our master has sung the song - all these put together, has made me ruminate on this song.

Innoruvar nalam kakkum thyagamum seelamum
Ellorkum vaipathillai

In all the songs, even though the circumstances are about difficult times and tough situations in life, the message is about hope and succour. And who better to convey it than Mellisai Chakravarthy himself. His vocals flow along the music and touch the core of my heart. I am very sentimental about his voice. I have always felt that there is something paternal about the way he sings the songs. I am not exaggerating when I say that in the past when I was facing difficulties myself I have listened to some of his songs and it felt like father was standing behind me and advising me. There is great empathy in his voice. (The only other singer who can bring a lump to my throat is PS).

I suppose it is a testament to MSV's skills, that even someone as rustic as myself is writing about his songs.
Just my thoughts !

Regards,
Daran Pachaiappan

[/i]
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans Reply with quote

Dear Dr.Damodaran,
Seeing your posting on MSV songs all I feel like saying is, Come on Cheer up. For your kind notice and comfort too, all MSVians are not music-trained. But systematic possession of themselves by MSV's mesmerising songs has HELPED SUSTAIN THEMSELVES IN VARIED AVOCATIONS AS INDIVIDUAL ISLANDS NEVER SWEPT OFF BY ANY WAVE, HOWEVER MIGHTY THE GENERAL PUBLIC MAY ASSUME THOSE WAVES TO BE. The undercurrent in my observation is-any adherant to quality can not be satiated by inferior ornamentations /decorations /hypes of any kind. What matters now is our genuine responses to any song and its creators. That way, MSV has authored the largest collection of musical charms for all life situations in the 5 decades plus. So, any inability construed by you need not come in the way of sharing your responses to MSV's work. It is all the more vital that such messages from those who have lived those moments should reach the younger generation just to bringout the difference between genuine quality and the products of computer-aided assemblies that parade as songs. Therefore on behalf of all fellow MSVians may I request you, please keep posting to bring out the glories of Mellisai mannar [sorry Mellisai Chakravarthy] as realized by you. What more we want? I trust, I am not overstepping my limits.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Prof Raman Sir.
I sincerely appreciate your kind words and encouragement. From the style of your postings, I have a feeling that you are a writer. Thanks for posting such embellished encomia on our Legend.
Regards
Daran Pachaiappan
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: SINGER PAR EXCELLENCE Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Damodharan,

With due respects to all the singers in TFW, I would rate our Legend as the Greatest singer ever produced by India. (NVS, remember our chat about this MSV's singing capabilities????) I have listened to almost all the songs sung by our Legend but no one should ever forget the fact that the songs that we all listen to first gets rendered by the EMPERROR himself with all the importance he gives for the Bhavam & Lyrics for each song and then only the singers take the cue to proceed for the take. Dr. Damo, Paar Magaley Paar and the lines which you have specifically mentioned will make anyone instantly cry. Such was the powerful rendering by our Master. The EMPERROR'S melodies have total Bhavam, whereas what we llisten to nowadays are Paavam (sin) committed by these so called MD's Very Happy

CHEERS
MSV - STANDS FOR ANYTHING & EVERYTHING IN MUSIC
VAIDY

madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Songs sung by MSV Reply with quote

Dear Dr Damodaran, Mr.Vaidy and other friends,
It is well known that MSV is a very good singer and as was pertinently suggested all songs are first sung [several times] by MSV to train the singers. Of the nimber of items there is one song by MSV that stays supreme by virtue of the very style of singing. This song is the Title song for the movie Paasa Malar. THOUGH NAMED TITLE SONG , THE ITEM FIGURES DURING THE INTERMISSION IN THE MOVIE.
The song is Anbu malar, Aasai malar scripted by Kannadasan. Why I specify this song is its rich emotion. Being one of authentic purity of sibling emotions, MSV has taken upon himself to render this song. He has packed rich vibration in the song by a High scale delivery with typical MSV articulation. [b]At places his vice quickly reaches a peak and from there cascades in deep emotion squeezing the listener in to a pathetic ground reality.[/b] An excellent song thathas all dimensions of singing. Despite his calibre, very rarely MSV chooses to sing a song [unlike some MDs who force their incompetent voice on to the listener]. So friends pleae try to listen to this Paasa Malar song and draw delight and inferences of your own
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more...

Alla Alla
Sambo Sivasambo
Dharmathin kannai katti
Nee ninaithal innerathile
Enakoru kadhali

MSV hummings
Paalirukum pazhamirukum
Naan nandri solven
Naalai ulagai aalavendum
Koduka koduka (Naan aanaiyital)
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long gap I listened to the song "Nee ninaithal inneirathiley". Very sensuous indeeed. Mellisai Chakravarthy sang this song nearly 36 years ago. His singing goes very well with the voluptuous voice of LRE. I am absolutely certain that ( although many MDs have attempted) no other MD has come close to singing a song like this since. Ahead of his time, everytime!

Our Legend has sung a song for ARRahman. Does any one have the link to this song?

With regards,
Damodaran Pachaiappan
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Doctor Sir,

Our legend MSV has sung two songs for ARRahman.

1) "Alaala Ganda" from "Sangamam"
2) "Vidai Kodu" from "Kannathil Muthamittaal"
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR has given a song for MM (along with Balamuralikrishna, Seergazhi and others) in Thaye Moogambikai.
Unakenna kuraichal - VKumar - already mentioned...

MSV has given a song for IR in the movie Sugaman Ragangal by RC Sakthi...
Chandrabose in Endi muthamma ethu punnagai - Aru Pushpangal. An excellent song...
Sivaji Raja - Yaaro oruthi ezhuthigiral... from Anbulla Atthan...

That is the greatness of MSV...
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans - Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venkat and Mr Sivakumar,
Your above posts make an interesting point from a reader's point of view. Mr. Mahesh has said MM has given a song for IR and Mr.Sivakumar attempts a correction saying music is by MM and IR has sung a song. If you read Mr. Mahesh's line MM has given IR a song [to sing] can be felt too, while the correction inserted by Mr.Sivakumar also says so. MM offers scope for such intrigues as well. Thanks for the chance.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman, Madurai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.SivakKumar,
As our Prof. said, What I meant is MM is the composer for Sugamana Raagangal. IR has sung a song under MM's composition in this movie.

In fact I remember seeing only "Mellisai Mannar" in the posters of that movie instead of M.S.Viswanathan.

Thanks for correcting the Director's name. It could be R.Sundararajan.

In the same way Chandrabose and Sivaji Raja have sung songs under MM's composition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: