"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

‘VISHVAARPANAM TO OUR LEGEND SHRI MSV’
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: ‘VISHVAARPANAM TO OUR LEGEND SHRI MSV’ Reply with quote

‘VISHVAARPANAM TO OUR LEGEND SHRI MSV’

MSVTIMES.COM 3rd Anniversary Function

Dear friends,
It has been a great event and we need to take the credit for doing this function. While looking at the overall function we need to look in to this from two different views.

Great success:
The attendance was around 550 people. We have honoured Shri PBS and Mr. Shyam Joseph. We have successfully launched the book. All the celebrities attended. There were very special guest like Smt Vani Jayaram who despite initially mentioned that she could spend only ½ hour but sat till the programme ended, actor like ARS attended. There was spacious car parking, seats available for all the people, refreshments made available all contributed to the success of the programme. The other great success is the availability of funds in time by way of sponsorship, individual members’ contribution for the promotion of the book.

Even though we could not start the book release as per the original time 5.30 pm it was managed brilliantly by (variety programme) playing the CD of some old and rare songs and explaining the features of the song. We also brought a variety by way of discussion with Thumba Shri Shekar about his experience of working with MSV. The variety included Lakshmi (The Youngest fan of MSV) playing couple of songs in the keyboard with Thumba Shekar playing the bangos.

I received about 5 to 6 calls on 6.12.09 from the general public who found my cell number from Times of India.

To quote Mr. Ramani, Tambaram
“Mr. Murali, Thanks for giving such a great event. I felt I did not attend a public function but rather felt that I had been in a temple for 4 hours meditating”

There is another gentleman from K K Nagar who mentioned he felt sorry of not able to get the book and said he would meet me shortly for taking the book.

Another gentleman appreciated about the variety programme which we gave at the starting since we had to start the event late and felt we could have continued it for longer.

There was another call who said the song selection of YGM orchestra was great and wanted us to convey his thanks to Mr. YGM.

So out of around 550 people the general public could have been around 500 who felt very happy.

Areas of improvements:
Looking at the other side there are areas which we need to improve.
For instance we could have handled the seating arrangements for the VIP’s better. Though we kept sign boards mentioning the area as VIP this had little effect. We need to do physical supervision in that segment. This we need to in future until the day when we all do not the jump the red signal without traffic police.

The stage management has been reasonably good. It could be improved still better. But we also have to take in to account that the entire sequence of event have to be re scheduled due to the delayed start.

We also failed to avail the services of the volunteers (members from our forum) who offered physical service. That is because this happened very late. We had that opportunity when we all met at Marina beech a week before. We could have utilized that meeting. I suggest in future events all those who volunteered has to be contacted well in advance and allocated responsibilities.

We all know that msvtimes.com is a non commercial forum where we meet through internet and share our thought about MSV’s music. But event organized like this requires funds and valuable suggestion from all would go a long way.

One important thing we missed in this event is about msvtimes.com. We should mention about our activity to the public and solicit their participation.

We all who love MSV’s music are emotional. But we need to understand that this is a public event and refrain from criticizing other composer’s music. We need to realize our Lakshman reka.

Finally a few words for all of who had actively involved in running this event. Any public function in this scale which has happened is a mammoth task and each one should be congratulated for putting their time (many did not attend office on 4.12.09 Friday) for more than 3 weeks, their personal financial contribution, getting sponsor for the event, and arranging materials for the event. Special mention about the editors of the book who tirelessly worked for more than 10 months to get the book in shape.

But at the same time if we see the negatives it shows that since msvtimes.com is a non commercial forum we do not have experience of running events like this. The problem is we could give responsibilities but how to give authority commons rating with the responsibility is an area of study. We can get some suggestion from any body who has worked in similar non commercial social activity of about how they manage.

We also need to understand that running such kind of event is like pulling the chariot by all and sundry from the town. So let us widen the team and look for those who are willing to offer services. This we need to do without bias. For us every one who loves MSV’s music is important. If they can offer services we can avail. If they cannot let them be our moral support. But we need to honor those who contribute services, time, and other means which helps in running the show.

At the same time the members also need to understand that if we have a core team that does not mean every thing should be done by them. They can give direction. But we need to offer our service by whatever means possible. This we should do without expecting any thing in return.

What ever good happened in this programme the credit goes to MSV. What ever small problems that have happened let us meet shortly in a review meeting and correct ourselves. Let us not play ‘Blame Game’

Like “Krishnaarpanam” which is dedicating the good and the bad to Lord Krishna let us do ‘Vishwaarpanam’.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: How to register? Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Murali

First of all, accept my congratulations for your dedicated efforts to sell the copies at the venue of the function. I know it requires meticulous control when enthusiasts throng the place which is open and not behind an enclosure. It was certainly an act of courage since any pilferage would destroy harmony in the process. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Speaking of 'review' - a few things need being kept in mind.

Often we meet with an idea in mind without an agenda for the same.

Every session of meeting must have an agenda that defines the area of work.

Without appropriate deliberations and proper derivation of a clear decision on an item, we should not start discussing 'other' points.

It thus implies that even meetings of the 'decision-making rounds' must address limited number of components at a sitting.

May be three or more sittings would be called for; yet, it is worth the time. as each setting would lead us to a specific decision.

There is a natural trap in all our meetings [ I mean, playing the songs of the legend] where everyone succumbs and submits to the mesmerim being unable to ride over temptation. Why open the doors of temptation?

Playing of songs should be final item and so never to be a tandem stuff.

As one who has to travel a clear 1000 KMs [2 way], it is a physical plight to travel to attend meetings that are inconclusive. To repeat attending a meeting for the same item dampens the spirit; more so if distances are tobe covered.

The other items to keep in mind:

Any Public programme must have a compact agenda.

Preferably music programmes are not combined with Anniversary events
since the mutual interests start crossing swords[if I may use the analogy]

If we feel , sans music, the public may not evince interest, then items like book release may be had as a compact function free of such hurries and worries.

If I am wrong please pardon me

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
sriramp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to read about the anniversary. I sincerely congratulate everyone. I hope there will be some pictures of the event. MSVTimes.com is mainly a web portal. I never thought that a online community can arrange regular meetings like this. Whatever the team is doing is really amazing in getting everyone onboard.

For the benifit of remote users like me, we should consider setting up web meetings (there are few opensource web meeting softwares available). It can work if eveyone has broadband internet access.

I will be intersted in a copy of the book. MSVTimes can send the book to someone like Ram in the US and I can get it from that person. I am willing to pay for the book in US dollars at an international price.

I feel that there should be a bank a/c or something towards MSVtimes, just in case if someone from abroad likes to contribute.

thanks again for all your efforts
Sriram
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

Congratulations on your role in organizing the function and for your objective review of the program.

It is easy to talk about meticulous planning but things can go astray if one or two tings get askew. Having attended several functions, I have seen that programs organized by well experienced and professional people also have quite a few failings, that to an outside observer would appear to have been easily avoided, if only a little more planning had been done. But the reality is that when several people are involved in organizing a function, a few glitches are likely to occur. Such things happen even in marriages. There is a proverb,
'கல்யாண அவசரத்தில் தாலி கட்ட மறந்தது போல்'
to highlight the possibility of even errors of grave consequences in mass functions.

The computer based test conducted by the IIMs for their CAT exam, for the first time this year had so many problems. And IIMs are the leading institutions that train people on how to manage giant organizations! All that the IIM representative would say (in NDTV) about what has been widely described as the CAT crash was "We can't be very proud of the way the test was conducted."

But Murali, you, the core committee members and others who were part of the organization can be proud of what you have done. It was a great event, by any standard. The minor glitches will serve as lessons for us to improve things in future. Rather than congratulate all of you, I bow my head before all of you to show my overwhelming sense of satisfaction, gratification and gratitude.

My only disappointment was that we couldn't hear Mrs. Aruna Sayeeram speaking on our master. I am sure she would have said something that we could have cherished for a long time. One of my grudges against the Carnatic Music world is that except a handful of people like Maharajapuram Santhanam, GS Mani and Subbudu, most others have not bothered to comment on MSV's music. Hence I expected that Mrs. Aruna's speech would have had a soothing effect on the grudge. But, she was the one who arrived very late and deprived herself and us of her speech.

Balamurali Krishna, who had been mostly reticent in public about MSV, used the short time at his disposal to pay the mot deserving tribute to MSV, by comparing him (indirectly) to Thyagaraja, by saying, "We singers are applauded for our performance. But the creator of our compositins is Thyagaraja. MSV is also a creator." Then he sang 'Thanga radham vandhadhu.' The inference was obvious.

His rendering of 'Thanga rathanm vandhadhu' was most brilliant, better than the original. The way he sang, 'maragadhath thoranam asaindhaada' was most expressive and I could feel the festoons flapping in the air, by the way he rendered 'aaindhaada,' Immediately on coming home, I played this song and felt that the expression he gave for 'asaindhaada' on the stage was much superior to the way he had done in the original.

He also said,

'எம் எஸ் வி என்னை விட எல்லா விதத்திலும் பெரியவர். ஆனால் அவi
என்னை குரு என்று சொல்வார்.'

He also recognized the presence of TKR by rendering a few lines of 'Arulvaaye.' Again, I felt that his presenting the lines on this day was better than how he sang in the original.

I didn't notice any adverse reference to other MDs. There is nothing wrong in putting the record straight by pointing out (through demonstration of songs) that MSV had already done several innovations that are claimed to have been done by other MDs, who entered the field much later. In fact, YGM said towards the end "I acknowledge that the present day MDs are good. But they can't claim certain things to be their innovations when MSV had done them more than 40 years ago."

YGM's music was great and he lighted up the performance with his comments, both serious and frivolous. He explained the special features of different songs by mentioning the rhythmic patterns, musical instruments used etc. I was astonished by his ready wit and spontaneous humor, which is well known but which seems to have matured over the years. When someone wanted the song 'nilavukku en mel ennadi kobam' to be played and shouted
'நிலவுக்கு என் மேல் என்னடி கோபம்?,'
YGM's instant response was,

'நிலவுக்கு ஒங்க மேல் என்ன கோபமோ, எனக்கு எப்படித் தெரியும்?'

Professor Raman has done a great job, which I am sure will be talked about more in future in these columns. While his elegant use of the English language in the forum has been the envy of everyone, he surprised everyone by speaking in flawless Tamil that too like a professional speaker, sans the antics usually associated with such speeches. Kudos to professor.

A special word of appreciation to Vatsan for his presentation of a few songs of MSV with his commentaries on their distinct features. I found that he can present the nuances of a song to a motely audience as suavely as he could be write in a flowery language, in the forum, overwhelming the reader's comprehensive faculties. I can't help using a cliche to say that his performance was both entertaining and enlightening, since I cant find better words to describe his performance. Congratulations Vatsan. We need the services of people like you to propagate the greatness of MSV's compositions.

Lakshmi's (daughter of N Y Murali - புல்லாங்குழலுக்குப் பிறந்தது அடுப்பூதும் குழலாகுமா?) rendering of 'Sittuk kuruvi muththam koduththu' and 'paarththa gnaabagam illaiyo' on the keyboard was as brilliant as usual. It didn't surprise me a bit because I have witnessed her prowess a couple of times earlier. My congratulations and best wishes to this budding musical pro.

Another young girl Harshitha (if I got the name right) song 'Maalai soodum mana naal' to the accompaniment of YGM's orchestra. whenever I hear this song, my tear glands will be instantly activated. I am unable to decide who should take more blame for making me cry, Kavignar or Mellisai Mannar. this is one of the (many) songs which have the lyrics and the tune made for each other.

When this girl wanted to sing this song, YGM accommodatd her, though this song was not in his agenda. He quipped, "If the girl had chosen to sing a song like
கல்யாணம்தான் பண்ணிக்கிட்டு ஓடிப்போலாமா,
she would have got a different treatment."
She may be related to one of our members. My best wishes to her for a brilliant future in music.

To me, personally, it was a great opportunity to meet members like Professor, S R Shankar and Venu Soundar, whom I had met only in my computer monitor, in the form of their writings.

In short, the organizers did a marvellous job, enabling passive members like me and the general public to enjoy an evening of delight and rejoice.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

மறப்போமா டிசம்பர் 5ஐ - மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் புகழ்பாடும் நம் இணையதளத்தின் அட்டகாசமான ஆண்டு விழாவை. நிச்சயம் இம்முறை பிரம்மாண்டமாக அமைந்தது என்பதில் மாறுபட்ட கருத்து இருக்க முடியாது. வந்திருந்தோர் அனைவரும் தமை மறந்து லயித்திருப்பர் என்பது உண்மை.
சிற்சில சிரமங்களும் இடையூறுகளும் எப்பேர்ப்பட்ட விழாக்களிலும் தவிர்க்க முடியாமல் அமைந்து விடும். அவற்றை கண்டறிந்து அடுத்த முறை அதனை நிவர்த்தி செய்வோம் என்ற எண்ணமே பெருந்தன்மையின், பக்குவத்தின் அடையாளம்.
என்னுடைய தனிப்பட்ட கருத்து என்றால், எதிர்காலத்தில் இவ்விசை நிகழ்ச்சிகளைத் தவிர்க்கலாம் என்பதே. மெல்லிசை மன்னரையும் அவருடைய படைப்புகளையும் பற்றிப் பேச சரியான மேடைகள் அமைவதில்லையே என்பது நம் அனைவருடைய குறையாகும். அப்படிப்பட்ட குறையைப் போக்க நம்முடைய ஆண்டு விழாக்கள் பயன்படட்டுமே என்பதே என் எண்ணமாகும்.
மீண்டும் சந்திப்போம்.
ராகவேந்திரன்
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MSVians,

MSVtimes.com has made a name for itself through this 3rd Anniversary Programme. As a fan of MSV, we can be really proud of our success.

My sincere thanks to the core members of MSVtimes, Sponsors and others who were helpful in making this event a success.

My sincere thanks to all the RASIKAS who have contributed a great deal in making this event a grand success through their love for MSV music.

I feel the following areas needs our focus for improvement.

Every year we have two agenda in our Anniversary function.

1. Honouring Two musicians of Yesteryears

2. Musical Programme

As far as the 3rd Anniversary function was concerned, Book Release
was an additional agenda. This is not going to happen every year.

So we can conduct the function very smoothly and as per our plan.

Our Area of improvement: For any kind of additional agenda like "Book Release" we should restrict ourself of inviting Famous personalities to two, one for releasing and one for receiving.

2. We must give chance to the two musicians to talk about the greatness of MSV to share their personal experience.

3. We must strictly adhere to our plan of events as this is decided well in advance as to who is responsible for what through our earlier meetings before the event.

4. As it is pointed by Murali, the seating arrangements should be given better focus with the dignitary names affixed on the chair itself so that we can avoid people grabbing the chair.

My sincere thanks to Mr. Y G Mahendra and its Musical Troupe who has literally lifted the show.

Raghavendran Sir, as you said we need to allot more time to talk about the greatness of MSV as I have been also of the same opinion like you earlier.

But when YGM started the programme around 6.30 or so, the hall was full and in fact I was searching for chair to form the first row for guests and such was the crowd. Once YGM prog was interrupted in the middle for the book release, 10 to 15% of the crowd has gone out of the Auditorium.

Then only I realised that speech alone can not sustain the interest of the audience and Music programme is a MUST with singers (even instrument music will not be sufficient as we did last year by my friend Guitar Balaji). I was watching the audience reaction always. When the singers (By the way, YGM has wonderful singers ) started singing the songs of the great man, many of the audience starting singing the songs which have become part and parcel of their soul and blood veins.

This is further evident from the fact that when Balamurali sir was speaking though the audience enjoyed the speech, the entire audience was flabbergasted when BMK starting singing the great melodies. What a great moment for all of us. What a melodious voice and bhavam at this age 80!!

This clearly made me to feel that "WE MUST A HAVE GOOD MUSICAL PROGRAMME WITH GOOD SINGERS ALONGWITH INTERACTIVE SESSION LIKE "VATSAN AND THUMBA SEKAR - DUO" (AS YOU SUGGESTED THIS SESSION SHOULD GIVEN MORE TIME) SO THAT THE PARTICIPATION AND INVOLEMENT OF AUDIENCE IS GREATER"

Our success has definitely made us to feel the strength and potential of MSVtimes.com and we need to be proud of being the lovers of the great musical genius MSV. I wish greater success in the years to come.

My sincere thanks to Mr. Prof Raman, Mrs.Malathi Murali and the contributors of articles for making our Book as a success.

Last but not the least, What a wonderful compering by Vatsan. Simply great! Vatsan, great job indeed!! Man, we are very proud of you!

Sampat
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

நம்முடைய நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு வந்திருந்த என்னுடைய நண்பன் திரு. வைரபாரதி (வயது 24), தன்னுடைய பாராட்டைத் தன் புதுக்கவிதை மூலம் எனக்கு sms செய்திருந்தார். அதை நம் களத்தின் கவனத்திற்கு கொண்டு வருகிறேன்.

உதயப்பொழுதின் வெளிச்சக்கீற்றை மெல்லிசையாக்கும் MSV
இதயத்துடிப்புகள் உச்சரித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் மூன்றெழுத்து!

MSVTimes.com கம்ப்யூட்டரை ஹார்மோனியமாய்
மாற்றிய ஒரு மயக்கும் நல்லிசை-நெட் !!!

அன்று கேட்டது அதே இசை! நின்று கேட்டது அதே இசை!!
என்றும் நிலைப்பது அதே இசை! வென்று வாழ்வது MSV இசை!!

YGM இசை குழுவின் MSV இசை! MSVTimes.comன் மங்கள இசை!!
கண்ணதாசன் கேட்ட இசை ! கடவுள் MSVன் இசையே இசை!!!

- கவிஞர் வைரபாரதி

Vatsan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

Yes, having read through all the postings, that is a fair and a correct recollection of all that transpired.

But, first things first....the collective energy level of all participants and the spectators was extremely high which is good enough to leave an indelible stamp in the minds. Therein lies the success of the programme, all visitors left impacted after closure. I am sure an overwhelming majority of them are still ruminating over the event and relishing the fond memories.

So a big "thanks" and compliments to the organizers NY Murali, Ramki, Vaithy, Mandeveli Jayaraman, Sabesan and the Editors Prof. Raman and Malathi Murali and others who contributed their mite.

As for the glitches that Malathi Rangarajan referred to, lessons learnt from this show are pretty straight forward and simple.... the overall spirit that we were functioning with, was to keep MSV happy and satiated, MSV became a Client we had to cater to. MSV has his overbearing priorities and values but they could be different from those of MSVTIMES.com. The true "Client" here is MSVTIMES.com and we should go by dicatates laid down by the Core team and not MSV. Consider the guest invitees' trangressions of coming late and wanting to leave early, MSV's obsession with keeping his invitees happy and YGM's constant threats behind the screens, we have a fine little mess. Summarizing, MSVTIMES.com orders and everybody else such as MSV and the likes of YGM simply follow. All this, assuming that we inform the special performers for the event (such as YGM) that they could have their show slightly curtailed if required.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vatsan,
Under the head 'How to Register?' you have precisely registered what should be. 'Lessons to be learnt ' stretches beyond the confines of the organizers and well into the domain of dignitaries.Truly they are guests who should relax from insisting their way upon the hosts. Perhaps the best under the circumstancs has been done. Thanks for laying things bare for everyone to consider.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirs,

at the outset i am very sorry to write this as a very poor contributor in all manner but i have only one qualification . i love masters song

with this small eligibility i am to say these following

we can request ygm in future to restrain to some extent as the colour of the functions becomes a ygm family function where he on the stage invite his wife sudha along with avm and alike and at par with them which is unfair.

he cannot show cae his talent in a function of msv and terming lr easwari as a sangeetha rowdy is not in good taste

last bit least , everytime when he praises the master by bringing some md's into picture he is indirectly embarrassing our master .

and jocularly telling pbs that he will remove the mike if he speak beyond two minutes ... sorry ygm i still have a good regard for whole of your family .

and i tell you what a refined core members and talents we have at our forum and what a gala function it was and what a compering by vatsan and talk by professor .

all for me for doing nothing and with a tag that i am a fan of master i have become eligible

sorry every one if i had hurt anybody and i speak from my heart and i swear on the music of master that it is just an expression because i want to express my truth which may be right or wrong

please excuse me if i have done anything wrong
sriramp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again for all the updates. I am extremely happy to read about the report in the Hindu about MSVTimes third anniiversary. I congratulate the core team and all the others who made this event successful.

MSVTimes so far has been very well moderated forum regarding any personal remarks about any composer/actor/director. This is one thing that I liked about the site and I would request fellow members from being too direct at anyone. Many of the celebreties would have spent thier valuable time and great actors like YGM are great because of thier competitive spirit. After all, Mr YGM as one of our greatest comedians brought his own orchestra at his own cost and he is also a devotee of MSV. Hopefully MSVTimes would know how to deal with this next time.

I am sure some of the attended celebreties themselves reading the reports on the forum, it is best of MSVTimes interests for the members to not go public with everything. As usual Vatsan's brief post gave all of us a very good idea without point fingers at anyone.

I am really amazed by the number celebreties including ygm attended at a websites anniversary and MSVTimes should be congratulated .After reading all the reports on the event I see little reason for frustration but renewed enthusiasm in participating more in MSVTimes forum.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Msvians

with due regards to all the comments and feelings of the members
let us accept fact ,ours is a 3 year old child , and you cannot expect
to be at par with a professional . we will definitely improve

i would like to draw the positives of the anniversary

a) Donot think , any other music directors fans celebrate such functions periodically

b) our site has coremembers unmindful of financial constrains ,and with out even expecting from others , not projecting their business proposals
their dedication is to be applauded whole heartedly .

c) .with out much advertisement , we had a good crowd , and very appreciative till the end,un mindful , of all the minus , putforward by members .the best part of it , youth , and ladies participated .

d) the phone calls received by murali , and me suggest that the crowd really liked the programme (my personal feeling is no different from many posters under this head ) and majority has a say -the function is a great success .

e) an unique book was released . again first of its kind .
and, the calls . messages i get , suggest its liked by all
and an appreciation for the editor , prof and Mrs Malathy .
f) above all more and more MSV fans are getting to know about our site , as i can see the registration .

g) above all we have discovered an excellent host in vatsan

(hats off to u vatsan ) , who did a remarkable job , in managing , till ofcourse , he was side lined (?)

probably i will air my feelings if a meeting is conducted on this .

but one thing , if we have a music , there should be a discussion on every song that is played , on composition , and bgms etc , that way more more techinicalities , or beauties are brought to his fans . i am sure . matured fans of msv will not mind that ..
Vatsan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Resp.. Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Parthavi, Sampat and vk1959. Will not say sidelined, but YGM offered to help in trying to control / curb some guest's penchant for the mike Smile He tried hard, actually his damndest but failed and murmured to me "thalaikku mEla veLLam pOchhu".... and this was when the most uncontrollable, started firing away on all cylinders and wouldn't relieve the mike , much to YGM's chagrin and our amusement:)
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்பு நண்பர்களுக்கு,
வெற்றிகரமாக நடந்து முடிந்த நமது இணைய தளத்தின் மூன்றாவது ஆண்டு விழாவினைப் பற்றிய அனைத்து பதிவுகளும் பல்வேறு கருத்துக்களை உணர்த்தியுள்ளன. நான் ஏற்கெனவே சொன்னது போல், இசை நிகழ்ச்சிகளும் விஐபிக்களின் உரைகளும் ஒரு சேர நடத்துவது என்பது மிகுந்த சிரமத்துக்குரிய விஷயம். இரண்டையும் சேர்ந்து ரசிக்கும் மனப்பான்மையை ஆடியன்ஸிடம் நாம் எதிர்பார்க்க முடியாது. காரணம், நமது ஹப்பர்கள் மட்டுமே ஆடியன்ஸ் என்றால் அதன் வரவேற்பு ஒரு விதமாகவும் பொதுவானவர்கள் உள்ளிட்ட ஆடியன்ஸ் என்றால் அதன் வரவேற்பு ஒரு விதமாகவும் இருக்கும். நம்முடைய மூன்றாவது ஆண்டு விழாவைப் பொறுத்த மட்டில் அது பொதுமக்களையும் உள்ளடக்கியுள்ளது. அதில் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்கள் மட்டுமன்றி, பாலமுரளி கிருஷ்ணா போன்ற இதர பெருமக்களைப் பார்ப்பதற்காக ஒரு பகுதி, அதே போல் மற்றவர்களுக்கென்று ஒரு பகுதி என்று பல்வேறு பரிணாமங்களை உள்ளடக்கிய ஆடியன்ஸ் அன்று நாம் கண்டோம். மேலும் நாங்கள் ஆடியன்ஸ் கவனித்தவரை, பெரும்பாலானவர்கள் திரு ஒய்.ஜி.மகேந்திராவின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சிக்காகவே வந்திருந்தார்கள். அவர்களில் 99 சதம் பேர் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பாடல்களை உடன் பாடிக் கொண்டும் முணுமுணுத்தும் முற்றிலும் தங்களை மறந்து லயித்திருந்தார்கள். 5.30 மணிக்கு ஆரம்பிக்கவேண்டிய விழா தாமதமானாலும் கூட நம்முடைய கமிட்டி அங்கத்தினர்கள் அந்த நேரத்தில் திரு மகேந்திராவின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சியை ஆரம்பித்தது பாராட்டுக்குரிய அம்சமாகும். சில பல இடங்களைத்தவிர்த்து பெரும்பாலும் திரு மகேந்திராவின் குழுவினர் பாடல்களில் எந்த அளவிற்கு முடியுமோ அந்த அளவிற்கு தங்கள் திறமையை வெளிப்படுத்தி பாடல்களை சிறப்பாக்கியிருந்தார்கள். முதலில் அவர்களுக்கு நாம் நன்றியைச் சொல்ல வேண்டும். நீ நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தினால் எனக்கென்ன, நடத்தாவிட்டால் எனக்கென்ன என்று கூறி பணத்தை மட்டும் கறாராக பிடுங்கி விடும் மனப்பான்மையுள்ள இக்காலத்தில் தன் உழைப்பையும் முழுதும் தந்து உள்ளத்தாலும் முழுமையாக தன்னை அர்ப்பணித்து விழாவை சிறப்பித்த திரு மகேந்திராவின் பங்களிப்பு மிகவும் பாராட்டுக்குரியது. அவருடைய பேச்சில் யாரையும் மனம் நோகச் செய்யவேண்டும் என்ற நோக்கம் தென்படவில்லை. மாறாக மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பால் அவருக்குரிய அதீத வெறியே தென்பட்டது. நம்முடைய மற்ற ரசிக நண்பர்களிடத்தில் உள்ள அதீத ரசிகத் தன்மையே அவரும் வெளிப்படுத்தினார். அதற்காக நாம் பெருமைப்பட வேண்டும். மெல்லிசை மன்னர் யாரிடமும் போய் வாய்ப்புக் கேட்டதில்லை, அதற்கான அவசியமும் இல்லை. அப்படியிருக்கும் போது யாருக்காக நாம் அஞ்ச வேண்டும். இதனால் வேறு யாருக்கும் எந்த விதமான மனக் கிலேசமும் ஏற்படப் போவதில்லை. திரையிசை உலகில் தனிப்பெரும் அரசராய் அனைவருக்கும் தந்தையாகவும் குருவாகவும் அனைத்து விதத்திலும் உயர்ந்து நிற்கும் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் புகழைத்தான் திரு மகேந்திரா பரப்பியுள்ளார். சொல்லப் போனால் நம் அனைவரின் உள்ளத்திலும் உள்லதைத்தான் அவர் பிரதிபலித்துள்ளார்.
அவருக்கு நம் இணைய தளம் சார்பில் நம்முடைய பாராட்டுக்களைத் தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறோம்.
இனி வருங்காலங்களில் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துவதாயிருந்தால், மற்ற வி.ஐ.பி. உரைகளைத் தவிர்த்தல் நலம். அதற்குப் பதில் அன்றைக்கு நடந்தது போல் தும்பா சேகர் போன்ற மெல்லிசை மன்னருடன் பணிபுரிந்து வருபவர்களை வரவழைத்து அவர்களுடன் கலந்துரையாடல் நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தினால் நன்று.
வாய்ப்புக்கு நன்றி.
ராகவேந்திரன்
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ராகவேந்திரன் சார்,

மிகவும் அருமையாக எழுதியுள்ளீர்கள். நீங்கள் சொல்வதுபோல் திரு. மகேந்திரா அவர்களிடம் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பல சம்பங்களை பற்றி சொல்ல வேண்டும் என்ற ஆர்வமே மிகுதியாகக் காணப்பட்டது. நீங்கள் கூறியது போல் திரு. மகேந்திராவின் பங்களிப்பு மிகவும் பாரட்டத்தக்கது.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: