"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOADS OF LUDES BY THE LEGEND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: LOADS OF LUDES BY THE LEGEND Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
After a long gap, I intend making a new thread that attempts to look at MSV's [at times V R's] penchant for compositional elegance as a firm foundation for building , nurturing and exploring melody to explosive proportions. My calling it explosive relates to the 'inescapable' grip that it effortlessly spins around the listener; it keeps lingering for days on, entrenched in the deep contours of the mind while still pervading the soul, no matter whether the listener attempts to recall or try forgetting the dexterity of the alignments of the 'notes'. The alignments appeal as 'natural ensembles' with no suggestion whatsoever of a 'forced-down feeling'.
What makes me ponder over these points is just inexplicable, except that I am not fully out of the engaging times I spent in making that humble book of ours "A Music BridgeBetween Millennia". The work [i]per se[/i] stands completed though the process of recognizing the elements of grandeur in MSV's assemblages stays incomplete and is likely to keep all of us at bay with an infallible message 'Dimensions' -unfathomable.
Perhaps the richest tribute to the legend is, his relentless endeavour in refinement [ I mean the compositional elegance] that he literally began from the very summit of the process. Interestingly the composer never felt of his having reached the summit , for he has been a true creator with just one cardinal dictum 'exploration has no limit'. It is well beyond such limitations as of mine to clearly peg down the precise nuances that rule[d] his mind as composer. All that strikes me is
'THIS COMPOSER NEVER LOST HIS COMPSURE FOR ANYTHING'. It is a tell-tale abbreviation that earnestly crystallizes my perception of Mr.MSV.
Too often, the lovers of MSV's brand of music have also suffered the senseless butchering of [pre]ludes just to honour the time-frame for the then Graphite / vinyl records. Hearing the movie-version of those pieces is a revelation of sorts - so to say. For instance, look at the Title score for "kAdhalikka nEramillai" which was a musical riot that was held under such a nice control that the terminal strumming of Guitar[s] blend the title with the opening of the movie with the song 'enna pArvai'. This is just one of the multitudes of such thoughtful support that MSV always maintained irrespective of other considerations.
What comes to my mind always is the impact that MSV generates by a purposeful orchestration in the interludes. Typically these stretches in the innumerable duet pieces create a heavenly FLOAT that makes a journey quite orderly and abiding. Abiding what? Yes, the mood of the song while pampering the singer's voice in the most unobtrusive pattern -ready to drop into whisper or silence and never to overshadow the lyric phrase or its emotion.
Recently MSV said "Orchestration is never to reveal my talent; it should stay within the emotional frame of the song. If it trespasses this limit the purpose is defeated". What a glorious and conscious registration of truth - an object lesson for composers.
This my 699th posting shall please be taken as THE PRELUDE for my next piece wherein I intend coming out with[ a series?] some perceptions on the theme while others are invited to join the joy of sharing.

Warm Regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

your prelude is as interesting as our masters .
we look forward to the mesmerising pcs as usual from you

my hearty congrats in advance , on your 700 , and wishing many more centuries .

prelude

i cannot forget pesuvathu kiliya from panathottam , and chitukurivi mutham koduthu from puthiya paravai

but would love listen from the professor (making up for , what we didnot do during college days (??!!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: